First Name
Neel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RTR
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Well that sucks, I was hoping it would be released in time for a few road trips I'm planning in December.

Does updating via CyanLabs break the OTA/web-based update cycle from Ford? I have FORScan and am amble to restore the climate screen if impacted, but I'm trying to see if there are any other downsides before messing with it.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Well that sucks, I was hoping it would be released in time for a few road trips I'm planning in December.
Looks like the new v3.0 build released today, so I'd guess the v3.4 build is next in line to go through the process.

NNayak

First Name
Neel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat RTR
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Looks like the new v3.0 build released today, so I'd guess the v3.4 build is next in line to go through the process.
That's good news -- I'll hold on for a bit longer!

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Will this be a World Wide release?

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
What 3.0? I'm on 3.3.xxx been waiting forever for 3.4.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
What 3.0? I'm on 3.3.xxx been waiting forever for 3.4.
There's multiple in use versions of sync, ours of 3.3/3.4 isn't the only one, he's saying that the other versions of Sync3 have been updated so we should hopefully be soon.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
As always, I TRULY appreciate your inside connection. But I don't understand why the Ranger wasn't given priority since the pending release was to fix something that was wrong. It's not that Ranger owners were clamoring for something new and better... it was just to fix something that Ford broke. ?‍♂

I miss my climate controls from the screen, and even though I have heated seats, I've never had those controls on the home screen. So I finally said 'to hell with it' and ordered the ODBLink and will get things fixed on my own. And when the next release of Sync is finally published, I might just be inclined to take a wait and see before I take that plunge.

Last edited:

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
As always, I TRULY appreciate your inside connection. But I don't understand why the Ranger wasn't given priority since the pending release was to fix something that was wrong. It's not that Ranger owners weren't clamoring for something new and better... it was just to fix something that Ford broke. ?‍♂

I miss my climate controls from the screen, and even though I have heated seats, I've never had those controls on the home screen. So I finally said 'to hell with it' and ordered the ODBLink and will get things fixed on my own. And when the next release of Sync is finally published, I might just be inclined to take a wait and see before I take that plunge.
I agree Murph. Other than the climate controls, I haven't heard many issues with the 3.4 release. I've been patient as I know that developing an OS for vehicles is not an easy task. But all we're asking for is a patch rather than an overhaul, so the fact that it's taking this long is beginning to wear on my patience as well as make me wonder what the hell else is wrong with this release. I'm glad @UofMEngineer is here with us and I know he/she reads this post so I'm sure they're doing their best. I just hope something comes out soon. I had my first snow this morning and not being able to point where I wanted heat was very frustrating.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I agree Murph. Other than the climate controls, I haven't heard many issues with the 3.4 release. I've been patient as I know that developing an OS for vehicles is not an easy task. But all we're asking for is a patch rather than an overhaul, so the fact that it's taking this long is beginning to wear on my patience as well as make me wonder what the hell else is wrong with this release. I'm glad @UofMEngineer is here with us and I know he/she reads this post so I'm sure they're doing their best. I just hope something comes out soon. I had my first snow this morning and not being able to point where I wanted heat was very frustrating.
I was able to get the climate back with Forescan but I didn't even realize until it got cold out that there are no manual climate directional controls!

wintech

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Passport
I upgraded to 3.4 hoping it would make apple carplay work better. Not only did I lose the climate settings, Apple Carplay is even worse now. The main issue I was having was that in Amazon Music, if I displayed by artist, if I had more than one album downloaded, only one album would show up most of the time. Sometimes all would show up sometimes not. The other issue was the random 'prompt volume' that would come up and not allow you to control the music volume. I have found the only way to fix that is to turn the vehicle off and wait a few minutes. Once it happens I cannot control audio volume for anything, FM, carplay or Sirius. All those issues still exist but now it is a crapshoot if it even works at all. It is like the USB ports aren't even active. Most of the time I will plug in my phone and not only will it not activate apple carplay, but it wont even charge the phone. Yesterday it was 20 minutes into a drive before the phone started charging and apple carplay was available. Another issue that happens is that sometimes my phone will get so hot while using carplay, it shuts down. This happened with my iPhone 11 and still happens with my iPhone 12 pro (although it hasn't shut down yet, it does get super hot to the touch). It is very frustrating because I absolutely love everything else about this truck. I am hoping the next update fixes these issues in addition to climate but I am not holding my breath.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded to 3.4 hoping it would make apple carplay work better. Not only did I lose the climate settings, Apple Carplay is even worse now. The main issue I was having was that in Amazon Music, if I displayed by artist, if I had more than one album downloaded, only one album would show up most of the time. Sometimes all would show up sometimes not. The other issue was the random 'prompt volume' that would come up and not allow you to control the music volume. I have found the only way to fix that is to turn the vehicle off and wait a few minutes. Once it happens I cannot control audio volume for anything, FM, carplay or Sirius. All those issues still exist but now it is a crapshoot if it even works at all. It is like the USB ports aren't even active. Most of the time I will plug in my phone and not only will it not activate apple carplay, but it wont even charge the phone. Yesterday it was 20 minutes into a drive before the phone started charging and apple carplay was available. Another issue that happens is that sometimes my phone will get so hot while using carplay, it shuts down. This happened with my iPhone 11 and still happens with my iPhone 12 pro (although it hasn't shut down yet, it does get super hot to the touch). It is very frustrating because I absolutely love everything else about this truck. I am hoping the next update fixes these issues in addition to climate but I am not holding my breath.
I'm not having hot phone issues...the wife and I both have iPhone 8's. Other than that, I too upgraded thinking it might help apple carplay....NOT. Also have the same kind of issues with Amazon Music. So I bought the cable and just need to figure out how to restore the climate screen and add the heated seats to the screen. I'm not too interested in messing with anything else right now. Maybe the bambi light mod.
Hopefully Ford will release the 3.4 update soon but that has been said for many months and many times in here....

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to get the climate back with Forescan but I didn't even realize until it got cold out that there are no manual climate directional controls!
how did you get the climate screen back? I have the cable for Forscan but have not tried yet.

wintech

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Passport
I'm not having hot phone issues...the wife and I both have iPhone 8's. Other than that, I too upgraded thinking it might help apple carplay....NOT. Also have the same kind of issues with Amazon Music. So I bought the cable and just need to figure out how to restore the climate screen and add the heated seats to the screen. I'm not too interested in messing with anything else right now. Maybe the bambi light mod.
Hopefully Ford will release the 3.4 update soon but that has been said for many months and many times in here....
I am right with you. My cable just arrived today and I plan on fiddling with it sometime this weekend. Along with the climate controls I am hoping I can turn off the horn honk reminder when you get out of the truck with it running. Our Honda Passport just has a pleasant, not very loud four or five beeps when you do the same thing with it running. Right now whenever I get out to check the mail or something I don't close the door all the way to prevent it from honking.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet! Got my climate control screen back, with heated seat icons:clap:
Set the splash screen to the Ford Performance Cobra and set the fog lights to corner. I'll be disabling the double honk and get bambi in the headlights as soon as I figure out how to edit the line items. It's easy to do backups on all the as built files so make sure you do just in case something goes south. BTW...I had to recycle a couple of times and turn the truck on and off to get the changes to come up. So happy with the results!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet! Got my climate control screen back, with heated seat icons:clap:
Set the splash screen to the Ford Performance Cobra and set the fog lights to corner. I'll be disabling the double honk and get bambi in the headlights as soon as I figure out how to edit the line items. It's easy to do backups on all the as built files so make sure you do just in case something goes south. BTW...I had to recycle a couple of times and turn the truck on and off to get the changes to come up. So happy with the results!
You can find most of that on the FORScan wiki. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/
Sponsored