SILK

First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport
Occupation
AV Engineer
I get the same as you. I've been on 3.4 for months and uploaded the xml file a couple times.
Mine said this for a while and then one day it started saying that I have 3.4.

Now that it's getting colder I'm really wishing I had the climate controls back to direct heat where I want it. In the summer I'm more of a windows down guy than AC unless it's REALLY hot. So it wasn't a big deal. But that's ending with winter coming fast.

Advertisement

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat (Lightning Blue), 2018 Fusion Platinum (White Platinum), 2011 Mercury Mariner (Gold)
Occupation
Retired

Now that it's getting colder I'm really wishing I had the climate controls back to direct heat where I want it. In the summer I'm more of a windows down guy than AC unless it's REALLY hot. So it wasn't a big deal. But that's ending with winter coming fast.
Then take it to the dealer and make them fix it. If they say they can’t then demand a loaner until they can. Shouldn’t have to get Forscan to restore what Ford broke.

If this happened to me I’d be in their face until they do something.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport
Occupation
AV Engineer
Then take it to the dealer and make them fix it. If they say they can’t then demand a loaner until they can. Shouldn’t have to get Forscan to restore what Ford broke.

Rule #1 of dealing with customer service: Don't yell at someone for something that isn't their fault.

It's not my dealer's fault that the climate controls were removed nor that the fix hasn't been released yet. I will ask if they have a different version than I have (the new trucks on the lot have 3.4 and all of them have the climate controls). But I'm not going down there to holler at anybody for something that isn't their fault and they have no power to fix.

Gizmokid2005

Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
Data Analyst
Vehicle Showcase

Good luck. 1) bring rude doesn't solve anything. 2) I've been dealing with my local dealer about this for 2 months. They can't do anything until Ford engineering releases a fix. The asbuilt data for our trucks indicates that we shouldn't have the climate screen, which is wrong, and the new sync update reads that properly now so the controls are gone. It's on corporate to fix and the dealer is just as much at their mercy as I am.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Trailer, Sport Pkg, P/U Box Ext., Spray Liner, LT265/65/17, Undercover Ultraflex, LED side lights and a Tailgate damper, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
I get the same as you. I've been on 3.4 for months and uploaded the xml file a couple times.
Have you tried connecting your SYNC to your phone as a hotspot then "check for updates"?
🤷‍♂️ ..that worked for me. I recognize I have a 2020 (Build Date 12/19) but my climate control is on my SYNC 3.4.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Need to get Forscan or find someone close with it to fix it for you.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport
Occupation
AV Engineer
Need to get Forscan or find someone close with it to fix it for you.
I'm good without Forscan. As someone who works in IT and knows a moderate amount of coding, I know what might happen if you attempt to adjust some of that code. Forscan works and it's probably fine, but I'd rather not fuck with my APIM. I'll just patiently wait, with hot feet :)

Last edited:

Gizmokid2005

Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
Data Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good on Forscan. As someone who works in IT and knows a moderate amount of coding, I know what can happen if you attempt to adjust settings. Forscan works and it's probably fine, but I'd rather not fuck with my APIM. I'll just patiently wait, with hot feet :)
I had this same stance until Ford said they're incapable of modifying the tire size. Had to bite the bullet to do that at least, so I just fixed both. Really disappointing.

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid Titanium, 18' Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Occupation
SYNC 3 Voice Recognition Engineer
Check at the end of the month.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good without Forscan. As someone who works in IT and knows a moderate amount of coding, I know what might happen if you attempt to adjust some of that code. Forscan works and it's probably fine, but I'd rather not fuck with my APIM. I'll just patiently wait, with hot feet :)
To be correct, it isn't code that you are changing with FORScan - it is configuration. The actual code is locked away. Not to say you can't cause trouble by changing configuration - but it is easy to revert to a known good state as long as you take a backup of your config before you make any changes. If the change doesn't work, you just restore the last known good config and it is like you didn't change anything. As long as you take backups before making changes, FORScan is really pretty safe.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supermoto and ADVpig
Occupation
lol
To be correct, it isn't code that you are changing with FORScan - it is configuration. The actual code is locked away. Not to say you can't cause trouble by changing configuration - but it is easy to revert to a known good state as long as you take a backup of your config before you make any changes. If the change doesn't work, you just restore the last known good config and it is like you didn't change anything. As long as you take backups before making changes, FORScan is really pretty safe.

Not to mention in this case ( the missing climate controls ) it's just checking a box next to that listing that says "enable".

SILK

First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport
Occupation
AV Engineer
That may be. And to those who want to go that route, I’m all for the ability to do so. I’ll just deal with my issue until Ford can fix it and continue to complain on here about it until they do :)

Not to mention in this case ( the missing climate controls ) it's just checking a box next to that listing that says "enable".
You may just have to “check a box” on the UI but trust me, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes. Any of which could fuck some shit up. As I said above, I’m all for people who want to do it doing it, but I’ve seen too many times “easy” fixes completely fuck shit up.

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid Titanium, 18' Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Occupation
SYNC 3 Voice Recognition Engineer

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement