Is there any disadvantage to a SuperCab?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Yes maybe I'm the only idiot that runs into this thing but one time I did it in a rush and almost got knocked out.

IMG_20220124_164831492.jpg
You are not alone Rob - on my old Rangers and on this one too - you think I’d learn by now. ?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Yes maybe I'm the only idiot that runs into this thing but one time I did it in a rush and almost got knocked out.

IMG_20220124_164831492.jpg
so being 5'8" has one advantage

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Other than space (cabin and bed), is there any disadvantage for the SuperCab? Aren't they all rated the same for everything other than trim level and the cab size? I will be towing eventually.

Before I make a 30K+ mistake, any help is appreciated. I don't need 4door. 2021 xlt
believe all specs same but much lower selection of those models and most I saw were the lower more base trim models more like the work truck which is fine for most things but you might miss some of the toys. I wish I had gone with that because I dont use the backseat much but sometimes the longer bed would come in handy -- just depends on what you need.

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
Other than space (cabin and bed), is there any disadvantage for the SuperCab? Aren't they all rated the same for everything other than trim level and the cab size? I will be towing eventually.

Before I make a 30K+ mistake, any help is appreciated. I don't need 4door. 2021 xlt
Only one disadvantage and it was why I didn't order the Supercab - the rear doors only open 90 degrees (to compare, the F150 opens 170 degrees). I previously owned a 2005 Ranger and really disliked the 90 degree opening of the rear doors. Think about trying to load anything in the back with a vehicle parked alongside. Huge PITA and it happens more than I'm willing to admit. Even tho I tend to park in the sticks when shopping it seems someone always parks next to me. I really wanted the longer bed and don't normally drive with more than two in the truck so didn't need the crew cab although I'm happy with the truck. It's a great driver.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I've camped in mine and don't hear it when I'm sleeping. The pump is up under the hood, not near the bed. I only hear those noises inside the garage where it is quiet and the walls help bounce the noise around.
Interesting. while in a tent (15-20' from the truck) it's loud enough to be audible on calm nights to me.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ë‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2

The WorldVersion has no Seatbelts adjustable in height…

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I have gashed my forehead open several times reaching in to move an item on the rear door latch.
You must be taller than I am: 5'9". As I lean into the rear of the cab my head has plenty of clearance.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Does your car chirp periodically like it is phoning home? almost like the humming noise before it remote starts. I've not camped out of the bed but imagine that would be irritating.
Yes, the truck will do it after sometime from what I have read here on the forums and I have heard it when working on my truck. However, I will state I have never heard it when camping. Maybe because I am drunk by the end of the night or because it is so far ahead and the outside winds carry the sound away.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
What is the noise exactly?
The high pressure fuel pump is triggered by the driver's door opening. This is so that the fuel injectors will have proper pressure on them before the vehicle is started. After a while you might hear it bleeding back fuel to the tank so it doesn't hold the pressure for an extended time.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
The high pressure fuel pump is triggered by the driver's door opening. This is so that the fuel injectors will have proper pressure on them before the vehicle is started. After a while you might hear it bleeding back fuel to the tank so it doesn't hold the pressure for an extended time.
It chirps periodically, not just once. Same chirp it makes when I send something from the FordPass app before it executes the unlock, starts, etc.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I've always thought it unfortunate that it does this -- why not do that when sitting on the seat, or putting key in ignition (for keyed models)?
When i'm camping or packing, the door is opened dozens of times. I don't need fuel injected every time. It may be part of the fuel in oil issue as well.

I wish there were a way to disable this or change it. Forscan doesn't seem to. Even though there's a "disable pump on door open" option, it doesn't seem to do anything.
Sponsored