Is there a new V6 model?

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
I was thinking about just throwing in a 2.7 EcoBoost in my ranger later down the road
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I am putting Power Stroke on mine. And oil injection in the muffler. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It‘s like when I was in university in Vancouver and the kids were putting Acura badges on their Honda Preludes.
1615463694417.png

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It‘s like when I was in university in Vancouver and the kids were putting Acura badges on their Honda Preludes.
1615463694417.png
In the states a Honda Prelude was considered "a race car" for a few years (early 2000's). The prices were out of control, and an RSX was untouchable.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
In the states a Honda Prelude was considered "a race car" for a few years (early 2000's). The prices were out of control, and an RSX was untouchable.
I had an ‘86 Prelude (1.8L 5-spd) at the time - it was fun to drive but it was no race car. Of course, that didn’t stop some guys from installing fart cannons on their bone stock cars.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Did they release a v6 model and not notify anyone? Saw this driving down the freeway yesterday... Still had dealer plates on it.

IMG_1757 copy.png
Since the owner is just making up the numbers, why stop at six? How about a 5.0L V8 plate on the back of our Rangers....

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I thought the same thing. The V6 badge looks exactly like the Tacoma badge. I guess someone did a swap or, more likely, they're embarrassed by people knowing they have an awesome turbo 4cyl. So silly.
Why in the hell would anyone be embarassed of a turbo charged 4 banger?! ?

I will ALWAYS choose the smaller, turbo charged engine on a vehicle over a larger naturally aspirated engine. Unless it's a Chevy, they seem to go way too small on the engine when they add a turbo.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
What happened to the “different strokes for different folks crowd” who likes to chastise anybody that points out stupid shit people do on this forum?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Because it's not a "real mans truck" then. It's gotta have an obscenely large and powerful engine to make them feel like a man. I've been ragged on plenty of times for only have a 4cyl engine in my "truck" and so I'm not a "real man" then. Luckily I don't give a crap.
Ok I liked Howie Long as a Raider, but even got a bigger kick out of his "real man's truck commercials" maybe Chevy's best commercials ever, my fav is the guy in the red hat whose voice goes from manly bass to tenor after admitting he only has a V6 . Then a bit on those who drive them, not overly humorous though.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/01/truck-advertising-gets-tougher.html

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-are-the-most-hilarious-but-true-truck-guy-stereotypes/

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
What happened to the “different strokes for different folks crowd” who likes to chastise anybody that points out stupid shit people do on this forum?
Who knows but they can have their opinions and can say it's too much work but at the end of the day if someone wants to put tacky stickers let them its thier vehicle

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Did they release a v6 model and not notify anyone? Saw this driving down the freeway yesterday... Still had dealer plates on it.

IMG_1757 copy.png
I think it's a clever guy with a sense of humor who did this knowing that it would create controversy and pages of useless threads to read on the internet. :giggle: