Is there any disadvantage to a SuperCab?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
What is the noise exactly?
I live in a 3rd floor condo unit an I can clearly hear my truck when I remote start it. Now I have to listen for it to know it started. I've heard the HP fuel pump an high pressure injectors are noisy on these trucks but I think the fan is loud too. I just think it's overall quieter an I notice it in the truck too.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I've always thought it unfortunate that it does this -- why not do that when sitting on the seat, or putting key in ignition (for keyed models)?
When i'm camping or packing, the door is opened dozens of times. I don't need fuel injected every time. It may be part of the fuel in oil issue as well.

I wish there were a way to disable this or change it. Forscan doesn't seem to. Even though there's a "disable pump on door open" option, it doesn't seem to do anything.
Sitting on the seat might be a good alternative. There already is a driver detection sensor for the seat belt & airbags, could be tied into that instead of the door latch. Mine won't cycle a second time if the events are close together. I've gone out to the garage to empty trash etc a few hours after shuting the truck off and heard it return fuel to the tank on its own a couple times.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
I haven't been notified about my parts, but I'm taking my Scab in for a Works Package next week and I'll ask.
There's a guy on another forum I'm on that says his dealer was notified the parts were on its way and should arrive early next week. He had been waiting for 5 months for his order to come in and when it did, the do not deliver order was in effect. So now it's been about 8 months. I'm guessing the Do-Not-Deliver order outs will get priority over we that have been driving around with killer headrests.
I took mine completely out along with the seat cushions shortly after I bought it. I never have passengers and I prefer the flatter load floor.
Update: goes in Friday for both recalls- we'll see what it needs.

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I prefer the supercab, I am single, no wife or kids to haul around. But if you have a family you would probably prefer the crew cab

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Just make sure your carpet panels donā€™t look weird I pictures. ?

You may be an electronic geek, but your no carpet guy! ?

Yea I'm going to go through the boxes of those tiles I got and re-match those pieces. I thought it was the camera, but once I stared at them for a while its a dumb-ass manufacturer production defect I guess. I plan to put a rubber type mat down anyhow.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I don't think I have either of the problems there's recalls for but I haven't taken it in yet to get the vin cleared. I have a lazy drivers seat belt retractor I'll have them look at while I'm there.

Any one else have a seat belt retractor problem?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I don't think I have either of the problems there's recalls for but I haven't taken it in yet to get the vin cleared. I have a lazy drivers seat belt retractor I'll have them look at while I'm there.

No problems with mine...

Reactions: Doc

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

everytime I've had that issue in a car, there was usually a twist in the belt somewhere. Try pulling the belt all the way out and then let it go back in.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond

It may have jumped its spool flanges or developed a twist. Pull it all the way out and check to be sure there isn't a twist in it. Untwist as necessary and slowly guide it back in to allow the twisted part to "iron out." If there was no twist, retracting it back slowly will help align it back in the spool.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Is there a disadvantage? Huge one! No back doors or useable seats!

Disadvantage for the crew cab....

No 8ft bed!
I would agree, but letā€™s start of with a SuperCrew with a 6ā€™ bed. A SuperCrew with a 6ā€™ bed (extended wheelbase) would be perfect for me. Heck with the SuperCrew so popular, Iā€™d bet a SuperCrew/longbed configuration would come close if not exceed the sales numbers of the SuperCab Ranger???

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I would agree, but letā€™s start of with a SuperCrew with a 6ā€™ bed. A SuperCrew with a 6ā€™ bed (extended wheelbase) would be perfect for me. Heck with the SuperCrew so popular, Iā€™d bet a SuperCrew/longbed configuration would come close if not exceed the sales numbers of the SuperCab Ranger???
if you don't care about size, why not just get an f150?

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Disadvantage ?.....hum......well.....I can't get my Wife and girlfriend both back in there.:inlove::crazy::crackup::lipssealed: Hence....the SuperCrew!
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc