If Buying Today, Would You Still Buy the Ranger?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
* If you were buying today, would you still choose the Ranger? Why?

Absolutely and I'm looking forward to the next Gen redesign in hopes of a Ranger Raptor. I love the smoothness of the powertrain and for a 4cyl it was surprisingly fast! I've never owned a turbo before let alone a 4cyl and I was very surprised when I test drove it.

* If not, why? What would you buy instead? Why?

N/A

* What problems have you had that disappointed you in the Ranger?

None what so ever. Mine has been flawless with almost 16,000 miles on it.

My only disappointment is that it doesn't come with the most important OEM performance part from the factory that attaches to the left side of the tailgate......Anyone want to take a guess what? ?

* Were these issues significant enough to cause you to doubt the reliability of the truck?

None

* What other trucks did you look at before buying the Ranger?

* What did you like & dislike about them?

Only other truck I considered was a Chevy ZR2

I owned a 2016 Tacoma and couldn't wait to get rid of that truck! It had the worst drivetrain that I've ever owned. It never knew which gear it should be in and you found yourself yelling SHIFT as it would wind out high in the rpms and you're still not going anywhere! Seating position was back breaking so much so I use to rent a car when we'd go away on vacation. For me it was like owning a boat happiest day of my life was the day I bought it and the day I sold it!

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

My only disappointment is that it doesn't come with the most important OEM performance part from the factory that attactthes to the left side of the tailgate......Anyone want to take a guess what? ?

says the Grand Poobah

1623881684070.png

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I definitely would. I ordered mine and it has just the right composition of options for me. The Ford trucks ride better than the Ford SUVs, but the Car Dept. packages standard and optional equipment better, IMO. The console gearshift indicator lights up on a Chevy ZR2, but that wasn't enough to pull me over to the dark side.
I am happy with my Carbonized Grey, but f the trade allowances are still crazy when the '22s come out, I may see what I could do on an Area 51 blue, if it becomes available.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
* If you were buying today, would you still choose the Ranger? Why?

~ Absolutely.
~ Why? Hot Pepper Red is friggin sexy, Toy Taco eater, size is perfect for my needs, ?? Transmission ??, no damper tailgate ?

* If not, why? What would you buy instead? Why

* What problems have you had that disappointed you in the Ranger?

~ Ride quality which was easily fixed with a $180 upgrade. Will always find something that isnā€™t great.

* Were these issues significant enough to cause you to doubt the reliability of the truck?

~ Nope, I am a faithful Ford owner, believe in the quality of most of their products.

* What other trucks did you look at before buying the Ranger? * What did you like & dislike about them?

~ Only to compare features, all the midsized trucks.
~ I knew I wanted one as soon as I saw the HPR in the Zombie Title Wave blockbuster Movie.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
Probably because its a great truck and the price was right...but ask me again when the Maverick and the electric F-150 hit the lots.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
To the OP, do you like your Ford dealership you plan to buy from? If you do, then you will have a good experience with your Ford. Most issues I have read on here seem to result from a poor dealership. I visited a dozen, half I liked and half I didnā€™t. my 2 cents.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
My trucks been great. I would definitely chose it again over any other mid-size truck and its not even close for me.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m going to be the guy who says no, at this point I would not have gotten a ranger.

1. I no longer drive 100+ miles to the office and back.
2. I now have a fairly large camper.

I could have gotten into a 2 year old well equipped super duty diesel for what I paid for the ranger and that would be a much better truck for me.

Iā€™m also very disappointed with the paint quality on my truck, itā€™s literally falling off in places showing bare primer. Dealer says meh, you use it like a truck.
Your dealer needs to go good on your paint and cover it.

XLT_TREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Tremor
F. yeah, I would.

I would get another Tremor, if I could get a similarly good deal.

I would order one, if that was reasonably possible for a Tremor. It would still be an XLT/tech pack, but blue with the stripes and the remote start fob.

I would get an FX4 similarly optioned if either above were not possible.

First two weeks, and I love this truck.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I would buy the Ranger again, but I would probably get a well-optioned XL instead of the Lariat. Donā€™t get me wrong - the Lariat is very nice, but the fancy interior, poorly-implemented infotainment, and absurdly expensive replacement parts are unnecessary for the way I use it. We have other nice cars for family trips. COVID made some permanent changes to our lifestyle, and Iā€™d be happier with a simpler, less expensive truck.
ā˜? What he said. I should of done my DD and gone with a STX-XL instead of the Sport-XLT.

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
The only other vehicle I would have preferred over the Ranger is the AT4 but I didnā€™t want to spend that much for a truck.

MustangMike2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
Occupation
Tech
I love my truck, but absolutely hate the local Ford dealership. I took my truck in under warranty for numerous "Shut truck accessories off to to save battery' messages. All indications pointed to a faulty AGM battery (seems to be a trend). After three visits to the dealer and no resolution, only to be told the battery tested 'great', but no 'next step', I spent $200 and replaced it myself. It fixed the issue. I bought the truck with the idea that the bumper to bumper warranty would provide three years of coverage, only to find that Ford dealerships try harder to prevent spending$ to fix issue, than create happy customers. My friends who own Toyotas always rave about the quality of service they receive at the dealerships, I wish I could say the same.
Sponsored