Would you buy the Ranger again?

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
New owner here with 2019 highly optioned XLT 4x4 Crew cab Sport. Excited about my turbo truck. Really stepped outside my comfort zone coming from my tried and true full size Chevy Avalanche of nearly 15 years of pure bliss reliability. Taking a leap of faith with the EcoBoost that has been in the Mustang since 2015 that this little gem will work out for me for the next 15 years, hopefully. How I got excited about the Eco is test driving a new mustang.
I test drove all the midsized pu's (Ridegeline, Frontier, Taco, Colorado) and only came away with a smile from the ZIPPY go fast ford! It has all and I mean all one could ask for safety features and love those push button electric folding mirrors! Only wish for Leather seats but was not going to pay up another $4K for them with the Lariat package when I had all those features already + less the FX4 package which I don't care about.

Those owners now. - Would you buy again given the chance to unring the bell?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
New owner here with 2019 highly optioned XLT 4x4 Crew cab Sport. Excited about my turbo truck. Really stepped outside my comfort zone coming from my tried and true full size Chevy Avalanche of nearly 15 years of pure bliss reliability. Taking a leap of faith with the EcoBoost that has been in the Mustang since 2015 that this little gem will work out for me for the next 15 years, hopefully. How I got excited about the Eco is test driving a new mustang.
I test drove all the midsized pu's (Ridegeline, Frontier, Taco, Colorado) and only came away with a smile from the ZIPPY go fast ford! It has all and I mean all one could ask for safety features and love those push button electric folding mirrors! Only wish for Leather seats but was not going to pay up another $4K for them with the Lariat package when I had all those features already + less the FX4 package which I don't care about.

Absolutely, 100% no questions. I would buy this truck again. I have ZERO regrets.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, 100% no questions. I would buy this truck again. I have ZERO regrets.
Ditto!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely! Love this truck!

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
11K miles and zero regrets:like:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely! I might go for the Lariat though because I REALLY love the adaptive cruise control in my wife's Edge and would have liked it in my Ranger, but the truck itself is flawless and definitely a repeat purchase would be in order.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
No doubt. Love it.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely! I might go for the Lariat though because I REALLY love the adaptive cruise control in my wife's Edge and would have liked it in my Ranger, but the truck itself is flawless and definitely a repeat purchase would be in order.
You don’t need Lariat for adaptive cruise control, I got it on my XLT

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue

Interesting. I "highly" optioned out an XLT and it came to within ~800 of a Lariat that I didn't need to option (other than LSD). I got the leather seats, LED headlights, and an outside look I liked but got stuck with an strange dash design. It's just going to stay stock.

If I was going to do a build, I'd just get an XL.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would unring the bell and purchase my truck for $4000 less... LOL

gfitzge2