What do you regret buying for your Ranger?

JB_Weld

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger black, extended cab. 2019 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Stationary Engineer
Putco grill for gaping lower jaw. I'm holding it in my hands saying "I can't believe I spent so much for this thing" and after installing, finding YouTube vids on how to make one yourself for next to nothing. Oh well....

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I regret the swing out box. It's a great product but the Ranger is too small to fully appreciate it.

I was regretting the AVS LightShield Bug Deflector at first but it has really grown on me, especially when I catch my reflection at night and see it lit up.

Mixed emotions on the AVS Stick-On Side Window Bug Deflectors. I much prefer the continuous look compared to the in-track look. The finish quality and fitment is not great though. I expect I will upgrade to Weather Tech eventually, even though I don't like the look, functionally they are better.
I have both swing out boxes, while I wouldn't say I regret them, I find that its hard to fully utilize the space in them for certain things. Almost would have preferred the Builright racks on one side

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Bought a recovery rope for 10,000 lbs.
It was impulse & it's too small, should be 3 times the weight.
Don't know if I'll ever use it either. Like the Element fire extinguisher I have.
Good to have when you need it.

DoctorsTARDIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
So far I'm REALLY happy with everything I've done to my truck, except for a can of spray on tire shine instead of the dressing I normally use. I had an opportunity to take some great photos of the truck, and it was the only thing the nearby store had in a pinch. Truly awful stuff though, and it had a ton of sling. It has managed to last through MANY washes though, despite my efforts to get it off.

The only other thing I am going to regret is the set of RokBlockz mud flaps I have still sitting on my kitchen table, because I cannot bring myself to install them and ugly up the truck with such awful flaps. It really needs the, but I REALLY don't like them, but my trucks a tremor and there are no good options for the tremor. Really hoping that someone comes along and makes a nice molded set, because the truck desperately needs them, but eh. The first chance something better comes along though they're going in the bin.

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
I havent purchased much to regret but, the only thing I do not like about my ranger is, with the manual seats, when I move the seat up, it feels like it also tilts the seat forward instead of it just moving up so, I just leave it down.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I havent purchased much to regret but, the only thing I do not like about my ranger is, with the manual seats, when I move the seat up, it feels like it also tilts the seat forward instead of it just moving up so, I just leave it down.
You're not wrong. That level to move the seating position is really a pivot off of the front brackets, so it pivots the rear of the seat up and down while not moving the front so it also feels like it tilts forward, because it basically is.

BriGuy3030

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Union Ironworker Local 396
These are similar to the Nissan system and I have been thinking about getting a set: https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/collections/versatie-track-kits
Did you ever pull the trigger on those tie-down tracks?
My Decked drawer system comes a set to mount atop the drawer surface. I’ve used them a handful of times to secure a kayak or the odd cooler; but I never REALLY felt confident enough in what I perceived to be the weakest link for that system, the click, toggle anchor hardware … they just seem to visibly show signs of stress/deformation under strap load.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Did you ever pull the trigger on those tie-down tracks?
No. Never did. The Nissan system is solid. I agree the one I posted doesn't look to be as strong.

ParkRangerBen

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger XL, 2020 ford fusion se
Occupation
quality technician
Throttle controller.
Not that it doesn’t work but I just don’t use it like I thought I would. Now I’m trying to sell it on eBay for a fraction of the cost and I’m not getting any bites! ??‍♂

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So far I'm REALLY happy with everything I've done to my truck, except for a can of spray on tire shine instead of the dressing I normally use. I had an opportunity to take some great photos of the truck, and it was the only thing the nearby store had in a pinch. Truly awful stuff though, and it had a ton of sling. It has managed to last through MANY washes though, despite my efforts to get it off.

The only other thing I am going to regret is the set of RokBlockz mud flaps I have still sitting on my kitchen table, because I cannot bring myself to install them and ugly up the truck with such awful flaps. It really needs the, but I REALLY don't like them, but my trucks a tremor and there are no good options for the tremor. Really hoping that someone comes along and makes a nice molded set, because the truck desperately needs them, but eh. The first chance something better comes along though they're going in the bin.
I saw mentioned Teecom mud flaps, I believe that’s how they’re spelled, and bought if Amazon.
after looking at them a couple ofmonths, installed.
Easy install-functional, and I’m happy. You will like them. Tecomb, Tecoom are good.
Sponsored