What do you regret buying for your Ranger?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Tractor Supply sells a line (Traveller) of blackout lighting that looks extremely nice. About 1/4th the price and my guess is near same quality. They all come from China. Keep in mine Rigid's own product description says "assembled in the USA" verses Baja & Diode Dynamics "manufactured in the USA". Just saying.

For the sake of clarity I own higher end chicom bars and am not a brand snob or anything.

1379459?$456$.jpg
I am not a brand snob either. Some things I aim for top shelf, others, cheapest available. I've bad experience with cheaper lights poor quality of light & focus, so I wanted to get decent quality and be done. I never expected to upgrade purely for cosmetic reasons.... that's generally not me.

The only reason I even found the Rigid Midnight, is because I was looking for a taller mounting bracket, instead of having to fab a new set myself.

If I hadn't been waiting on Baja Design Pro S2 Amber Driving Pods, I could have gotten the install done that first day and not looked back. I'm still waiting on the S2s, almost 3 months.
Sponsored

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I regret buying my particular Ranger. Should have gone with at least the rear locker. Or the fx2 that is. Live and learn

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I regret buying the ladder attachment for the tailgate as I rarely use it and it gets in the way of loading unless you put the ladder down every time.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
black magic tire shine. it made my tires turn brown
Actually that is not the case. Tires turn brown because of stuff the tire manufacturer puts in starts leaching out, and you have to keep removing it if you want to restore the black wall.
Good explanation here.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Actually that is not the case. Tires turn brown because of stuff the tire manufacturer puts in starts leaching out, and you have to keep removing it if you want to restore the black wall.
Good explanation here.
[/QUOTE
So it didn't actually turn my tires visibly brown just visually brown?:headbang: it doesn't matter to me why they turned brown, they turned brown

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Good explanation here.
I have never in 35 years of driving had brown or white leech out of my tires. They have all stayed black and faded with time, but never another colour coming out.

Coincidentally I have never applied a chemical based product to my tires, such as tire shine or any other tire dressing. Soap and scrub brush is virtually a never happen on my vehicles, tires and rims get power wash if anything.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I regret the swing out box. It's a great product but the Ranger is too small to fully appreciate it.

I was regretting the AVS LightShield Bug Deflector at first but it has really grown on me, especially when I catch my reflection at night and see it lit up.

Mixed emotions on the AVS Stick-On Side Window Bug Deflectors. I much prefer the continuous look compared to the in-track look. The finish quality and fitment is not great though. I expect I will upgrade to Weather Tech eventually, even though I don't like the look, functionally they are better.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
`

BriGuy3030

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Union Ironworker Local 396
I’ve owned my Tremor since June & while my add-ons/upgrades are still limited, I have yet to dislike any of them. FWIW, I research the begeezus out of EVERYTHING before I invest my hard earned coin(!).

I’m really quite satisfied w/ the Decked truck bed tool box system. One could even say that I’ve been STOKED ??.
Being a Union Ironworker whom transports quite a large & HEAVY tool ensemble from job to job, I knew that I needed a weather proof method to securely store my personal tools, PPE, & work attire. Initially I considered a hard, retractable tonneau, but in the end, I wasn’t hip to loosing even more linear footage from the already—relatively— short 5’ bed (I WISH Ford provided a 6’ bed option w/ the super crew as does GM); same goes for the traditional behind the cab job box tool box or even the swing away boxes … I simply did not want to loose square footage!
The Decked product retains the square footage—albeit @ the cost of cubic footage—allows me to securely store my tools, still allows me the ability to haul up to 2,000lbs on top, as well as maintaining the square footage space needed for when we go camping.

My Yakima BikerBar that I picked up for a SWEET discount on Geartrade.com has been GREAT to transport my gravel bike ??

The other add-on that I have been happy with has been the Covercraft car seat covers. They work & fit as advertised.

That said, my future upgrades will DEF be the Yakima Overhaul HD bed rack system to carry additional cargo baskets whilst camping & my kayak when just going out for a paddle w/o the fam.

Additionally, my Tremor—whilst coming packaged w/ the trailer sway control, it did NOT come w/ the tow package(!), I.e. a trailer hitch crossmember ?. So I DEF have plans to purchase & install the full OEM rear hitch crossmember, 4-pin/7-pin harness/plug setup so that I can tow my Yakima kayak trailer when floating/camping w/ the rest of my household posse ?.

OH(!) I almost forgot, the DeeZee tailgate dampener is ?.
If anybody has any experience/reason(s) not to get the Yakima Overhaul HD bed rack, I’d very much like to hear why ✌?

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I’ve owned my Tremor since June & while my add-ons/upgrades are still limited, I have yet to dislike any of them. FWIW, I research the begeezus out of EVERYTHING before I invest my hard earned coin(!).

I’m really quite satisfied w/ the Decked truck bed tool box system. One could even say that I’ve been STOKED ??.
Being a Union Ironworker whom transports quite a large & HEAVY tool ensemble from job to job, I knew that I needed a weather proof method to securely store my personal tools, PPE, & work attire. Initially I considered a hard, retractable tonneau, but in the end, I wasn’t hip to loosing even more linear footage from the already—relatively— short 5’ bed (I WISH Ford provided a 6’ bed option w/ the super crew as does GM); same goes for the traditional behind the cab job box tool box or even the swing away boxes … I simply did not want to loose square footage!
The Decked product retains the square footage—albeit @ the cost of cubic footage—allows me to securely store my tools, still allows me the ability to haul up to 2,000lbs on top, as well as maintaining the square footage space needed for when we go camping.

My Yakima BikerBar that I picked up for a SWEET discount on Geartrade.com has been GREAT to transport my gravel bike ??

The other add-on that I have been happy with has been the Covercraft car seat covers. They work & fit as advertised.

That said, my future upgrades will DEF be the Yakima Overhaul HD bed rack system to carry additional cargo baskets whilst camping & my kayak when just going out for a paddle w/o the fam.

Additionally, my Tremor—whilst coming packaged w/ the trailer sway control, it did NOT come w/ the tow package(!), I.e. a trailer hitch crossmember ?. So I DEF have plans to purchase & install the full OEM rear hitch crossmember, 4-pin/7-pin harness/plug setup so that I can tow my Yakima kayak trailer when floating/camping w/ the rest of my household posse ?.

OH(!) I almost forgot, the DeeZee tailgate dampener is ?.
If anybody has any experience/reason(s) not to get the Yakima Overhaul HD bed rack, I’d very much like to hear why ✌?
since @AzScorpion is tied up at the moment... you need a tailgate damper

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Honestly could not say I regret anything but the ODB adaptor tool and trail management. Only cause I am lazy and I have the FP tune. I would need to flash to stock, apply forscan mods and then flash back to tune. Pain in the butt and didn’t realize this until after I read the forscan thread of related issues and FP tune.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I have never in 35 years of driving had brown or white leech out of my tires. They have all stayed black and faded with time, but never another colour coming out.

Coincidentally I have never applied a chemical based product to my tires, such as tire shine or any other tire dressing. Soap and scrub brush is virtually a never happen on my vehicles, tires and rims get power wash if anything.
My tires looked bad when the dealer's quick shine was wearing off, but they eventually got back to normal.

drvred

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX2
Occupation
Trucker
For me it was the lighted hitch plug, it disabled the rear sensors.
Sponsored