Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We will agree. Our 19 model now has 30K on it with LOTS of towing, winter driving, long trips etc, etc. Its not perfect but we sure would get another... (yes a snow tire was put on backyards)
rangersnow49.jpg
Yep but it's on the front. That's for backing up ?
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i might buy another ranger but id wait for the next gen to be out a year or two to catch the new model bugs. but since ford cant seem to get things assembled and on the lots and ford dealers cant do anything but rip folks off with markup and bad warranty service i think id go nissian fronty in the mean time...

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
New owner here with 2019 highly optioned XLT 4x4 Crew cab Sport. Excited about my turbo truck. Really stepped outside my comfort zone coming from my tried and true full size Chevy Avalanche of nearly 15 years of pure bliss reliability. Taking a leap of faith with the EcoBoost that has been in the Mustang since 2015 that this little gem will work out for me for the next 15 years, hopefully. How I got excited about the Eco is test driving a new mustang.
I test drove all the midsized pu's (Ridegeline, Frontier, Taco, Colorado) and only came away with a smile from the ZIPPY go fast ford! It has all and I mean all one could ask for safety features and love those push button electric folding mirrors! Only wish for Leather seats but was not going to pay up another $4K for them with the Lariat package when I had all those features already + less the FX4 package which I don't care about.

Those owners now. - Would you buy again given the chance to unring the bell?
Absolutely would.
Good truck.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Yes, but only because I can't afford a Rivian. ?
I've seen two in person...or maybe the same one twice...hard to tell.
They look kinda weird to me. Not ugly per se, just weird.

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen two in person...or maybe the same one twice...hard to tell.
They look kinda weird to me. Not ugly per se, just weird.
If the Rivian was affordable, if the infrastructure was in place to support EV's, if the charging time was about as much time it takes to fill a gas tank, if towing didn't tank the distance you could travel, I would buy something else, like the EV truck hummer.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
New owner here with 2019 highly optioned XLT 4x4 Crew cab Sport. Excited about my turbo truck. Really stepped outside my comfort zone coming from my tried and true full size Chevy Avalanche of nearly 15 years of pure bliss reliability. Taking a leap of faith with the EcoBoost that has been in the Mustang since 2015 that this little gem will work out for me for the next 15 years, hopefully. How I got excited about the Eco is test driving a new mustang.
I test drove all the midsized pu's (Ridegeline, Frontier, Taco, Colorado) and only came away with a smile from the ZIPPY go fast ford! It has all and I mean all one could ask for safety features and love those push button electric folding mirrors! Only wish for Leather seats but was not going to pay up another $4K for them with the Lariat package when I had all those features already + less the FX4 package which I don't care about.

HELL YES! I love my truck. Although if I was to buy again, it would be the 6G Ranger Raptor, but that is just me.

remtv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT , 2001 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Engineer, Student
Honest answer No... Personal needs changed and need something more fuel efficient and reliable well beyond 100k miles. Ranger is fun to drive but terribly uncomfortable to drive during long commutes. Drive several hundred miles per week feels like coming out of UFC match and sore from jist sitting and driving the darn thing. Intermittent phase shuddering is back so bad that my arms go numb from all the vibration coursing thru my body. Coffee in cup holder splashing around like a volcano eruption not pleasant either. Plus lots of minor defects for brand new truck. Paint chipping in several places and way over priced IMO. Don't get me wrong; still love the truck just not ideal at this time in life.
All valid complaints, although personally I find quite comfortable especially as a taller person and only have very slight vibration that occasionally pops up.

The QC state is very unfortunate and difficulty in getting a dealer to fix anything now is insane

Now my main thought about price is unfortunately I don't think this something specific to an ranger, through what little comparison shopping I had done Tacoma were going for quite a bit more for a similar trim level/packages, Nissan really up charged they frontier as well with the update. So unless the other trucks in this segment are significantly better vehicles than the Ranger its more of an reflection of the entire industry. Like I remember people saying 1/2 tons were better value for just a little bit more but it seems to be getting to the point where any mid level crew cab is reaching almost 50k at least.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
actual mileage is usually lower. mine was about a half MPG per tank off before getting the GFC. I have no idea how bad it is now nor do I want to know. others were worse

Yes I would buy a ranger again especially if they shrank just tiny bit
I like your "Just say no to dampers." I'm assuming you mean tailgate? I personally dont see the need having grown up with truck from the 50's and 60's with steel tailgates and never heard any exclaim the need for an assist...just saying...yes I'm old. And yes! I would buy another one. But am considering a Maverick only because of wanting to cut costs, if it wasn't for fuel going bananas I wouldn't be thinking about it.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to have two more right now - one for daily use, one for off-roading, one for overlanding. It would allow me to get crazy with specializing the modifications.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Dunno. Ford has removed so much content and is struggling to build them at all this year. That being said, I'm throughly pleased with my 2019 Lariat.:)

IMG_0555.JPG

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I would never set foot in Damerow ever again. They totally screwed my brother when he bought his Ranger there, mainly because he is basically deaf and didn't understand what they were doing. That seems like an old time high pressure sales dealership to me. When I heard how much he paid, I ended up going in and they did give him some money back but he still got screwed - this was all before COVID and the weird pricing going on.
That is absolutely disgusting.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
If my 2020 got totalled or whatever, yeah, I would definitely do it again.

But...

I would be disappointed to some extent if I got a new 2022 Ranger. I've read enough of the "List Of Deleted Items" thread to understand what is missing. :(

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

No hesitation: Yes.

love this truck
Sponsored