Would you buy the Ranger again?

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Yes, once I can convinced to get out of a SUV (Don’t dare call it a station wagon). I would buy another 5g. Especially, a green or orange splash. Since, the Tremor is already for camping and any off road needs.

A 6g isn't something that I have allowed myself to covet yet. I love my Tremor to much.
Sponsored

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yes, pleased with the fuel mileage I’m getting for daily driving while having the capabilities of a truck when needed. I’m planning to run this one into the ground. Expecting 250k+ miles out of it.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Honest answer No... Personal needs changed and need something more fuel efficient and reliable well beyond 100k miles. Ranger is fun to drive but terribly uncomfortable to drive during long commutes. Drive several hundred miles per week feels like coming out of UFC match and sore from jist sitting and driving the darn thing. Intermittent phase shuddering is back so bad that my arms go numb from all the vibration coursing thru my body. Coffee in cup holder splashing around like a volcano eruption not pleasant either. Plus lots of minor defects for brand new truck. Paint chipping in several places and way over priced IMO. Don't get me wrong; still love the truck just not ideal at this time in life.

GregP

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Customer Service
Yes, but Id look for the same thing I have now - 2WD 2019 lariat. Im not a fan of the 20/21 losing components & swapping with cheaper materials.

If that wasnt an option I would stay in the ford family and look for an F-150 with similar features & V6

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Oh, BTW, yes again but I really would like the/a PHEV.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I actually bought mine twice. The second time it was worth 10k more than I originally purchased it for.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'm 14 months in 35,000km, and not much has changed since I bought it. The Ranger isn't perfect but it is the best overall package for my needs. That has been the case with every vehicle, or every everything I have ever owned, there is always compromises. I'd like a better AC blower, I'd like a heated steering wheel, I'd prefer no BLSS, etc, but all things considered it's the best for me.

I bought this for long term ownership, I'll probably be the only owner. At 51, this may well be my last off-road, over-landing vehicle, and what I buy next in ~10+ years is hard to predict. I like trucks and have always had one, but I also love allot of cars and miss having a sporty DD.

If this Ranger got wrecked/stolen today, I'd replace it with another Ranger. I'd try for black or magnetic in a Lariat Screw, and either FX4 or Tremor depending on availability. I like the Forest Green Spalsh colour, but it's not available in Lariat configuration and leather is a must for me. I'd also prefer a 5G to rolling the dice on a first year 6G.

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Definitely! This truck has been great and gets great mileage for what it is. Super happy with this purchase.
We will agree. Our 19 model now has 30K on it with LOTS of towing, winter driving, long trips etc, etc. Its not perfect but we sure would get another... (yes a snow tire was put on backyards)
rangersnow49.jpg
Sponsored