Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
this is off topic but relates to my issue also as I have been fighting with Ford about this also but my question is , is there a way to print off this entire topic and when i go back to dealership i can give them some reading as they always say that they have not heard of this from anyone else I know it is 87 pages but our copier at work prints great.
not sure how to do that myself.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Because that lawsuit is talking about issues with coolant and the cooling system?
What bothers me is the allegation it was discovered during pre production testing. If true it is very disappointing that corporate ethics eroded under Pretty Boy Mark Fields and Hackett...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn't it also apply to those who have oil that smells like gasoline??
Not if the scope of the lawsuit is due to cooling issues, coolant leaks, etc. A fuel in oil issue would be separate.
What bothers me is the allegation it was discovered during pre production testing. If true it is very disappointing that corporate ethics eroded under Pretty Boy Mark Fields and Hackett...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Agreed.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Yea this is why I never liked Chevy. They always denied, denied and denied there was a issue.

I am not worried about there being a issue if the company takes care of it. Things happen in something with so many parts. It is how a company handles problems once they arise. But now after being burned on my Focus I was a little hesitant but you know what other than that car Ford always took care of us. All my other truck and escapes yea there was recalls and problems but they took care of them.

When I bought my Colorado I knew I would not keep it past warranty and buy the Ranger when it launched so it was no big deal owning a Chevy. Now I wanted a vehicle to last and keep it longer since I am getting close to Retiring and wanted a truck I could trust and drive for a while. Ford is loosing my trust. I have to agree with the person above, I may not keep this truck now because I am loosing trust in it and in Ford if I do run into a problem.

kal718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape Titanium
Really wish they would address this issue instead of pretending like it’s some sort of driver error. I had my next vehicle narrowed down to either a Ranger or a Bronco, and they use the same engine. Might have to look elsewhere.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I know I beat on the DPS6 transmission horse hard, but this is the crux of it for me. I knew from reports on the pre-production Fiesta that there were some shudder problems, but gave Ford benefit of the doubt that it would be properly addressed. To learn a couple of years ago that emails were being exchanged about its unfixable nature before production should have been sufficient reason to let another manufacturer have its way with me on this round. Must be a glutton.

I'm getting to the point where I hope the shit storm that will come to be in the Bronco world over this engine problem some years down the road bites them hard. I don't believe that Farley is blissfully unaware of these reports.

Really wish they would address this issue instead of pretending like it’s some sort of driver error.
That's exactly what they did to Focus and Fiesta owners. It's not a new strategy.

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Yea this is why I never liked Chevy. They always denied, denied and denied there was a issue.

I am not worried about there being a issue if the company takes care of it. Things happen in something with so many parts. It is how a company handles problems once they arise. But now after being burned on my Focus I was a little hesitant but you know what other than that car Ford always took care of us. All my other truck and escapes yea there was recalls and problems but they took care of them.

When I bought my Colorado I knew I would not keep it past warranty and buy the Ranger when it launched so it was no big deal owning a Chevy. Now I wanted a vehicle to last and keep it longer since I am getting close to Retiring and wanted a truck I could trust and drive for a while. Ford is loosing my trust. I have to agree with the person above, I may not keep this truck now because I am loosing trust in it and in Ford if I do run into a problem.
Ford is getting a real bad reputation not taking care of these problems. This is my first Ford since 93, and if they continue down this road of disrespecting their customers it will be my last Ford product! Maybe they don't care, but someday they will and it might be too late!

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Ford is getting a real bad reputation not taking care of these problems. This is my first Ford since 93, and if they continue down this road of disrespecting their customers it will be my last Ford product! Maybe they don't care, but someday they will and it might be too late!
Who does consistently better though? Toyota blamed owners for engine failures due to sludge. I believe that was settled via class action. They have stepped up and replaced frames on trucks I suppose. Since I don't follow other manufacturers closely, I can't really speak to many other situations, like some of the CVT issues plaguing Nissan, etc. I'm not even sure what became of Honda's fuel dilution problems in their 1.5l GTDI. Somebody claimed it was PCM reprogramming, but what of longevity, etc? I looked at the ugly Civic hatch at one point, but those issues made it easy to drift away.

Roaring Gorilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD Sport
I continue to have gas smelling oil. My dipstick is consistently above the max dot when I check my oil. I have had five oil changes on my truck since ownership. I have 28k miles.

Lately, my biggest concern is how AWFUL my fuel economy has been. Making matters worse is how gas prices continue to skyrocket.

Since 2021 has began my BEST MPG has been 19 flat. My lowest has ben 16.2 MPG!!!! Now I am not stupid - I understand cold temps and wind speed impact my fuel economy. However, my driving habits have not changed. I still commute 88 miles daily to and from work. I consistently drive the same on the interstate and in town. I average 2 fill-ups per week.

Never once has the Ford Dealer alerted me to ANY concerns during my oil changes. I don't buy premium fuel very often because I hardly ever see a significant increase in fuel economy that justifies the extra dollar plus to buy 91/93 octane.

I am feeling sort of defeated. I really love my Ranger, but the fuel economy is not even close to what I was hoping to expect out of my truck. I am concerned I am experiencing oil dilution and I am concerned about the longevity of my truck.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I continue to have gas smelling oil. My dipstick is consistently above the max dot when I check my oil. I have had five oil changes on my truck since ownership. I have 28k miles.

Lately, my biggest concern is how AWFUL my fuel economy has been. Making matters worse is how gas prices continue to skyrocket.

Since 2021 has began my BEST MPG has been 19 flat. My lowest has ben 16.2 MPG!!!! Now I am not stupid - I understand cold temps and wind speed impact my fuel economy. However, my driving habits have not changed. I still commute 88 miles daily to and from work. I consistently drive the same on the interstate and in town. I average 2 fill-ups per week.

Never once has the Ford Dealer alerted me to ANY concerns during my oil changes. I don't buy premium fuel very often because I hardly ever see a significant increase in fuel economy that justifies the extra dollar plus to buy 91/93 octane.

I am feeling sort of defeated. I really love my Ranger, but the fuel economy is not even close to what I was hoping to expect out of my truck. I am concerned I am experiencing oil dilution and I am concerned about the longevity of my truck.
I might sound like a dealer (which I am not even remotely close to), but come back in 4-5 months when the winter blend gas has been run through and be back to “normal”.

My money’s on you’ll be back to your 19mpg or better if you’re doing that much highway. At least I hope so :)

My (unverified) theory is that if I have no oils/fluids on my driveway and I ain’t blowing smoke while driving then it’s all good.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
From what I‘ve read, the recommended 6.2 quarts puts the oil level to the top of the hash marks maybe a little over. So how much gas would it take to push the level past the second hole. I’m guessing maybe a cup, if that?
Sponsored