First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
it may be...I bought not a Ford extended warranty but a "dealer" extended warranty...the fine print indicates that they would prefer that you brought your vehicle in for maintenance, otherwise to keep records/receipts if you DIY (like me). I have no idea what the difference in price for a Ford extended warranty is compared to my dealer's (they also sell Toyotas), or what the difference in conditions, but as a CYA I'd suggest reading your extended warranty and at least save your oil receipts
my daughters Subaru dealer has in house like yours they require same .she lost the tranny at 98k miles they gave her a loaner and fix no hassle.in house at a good dealer is good imho
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
it may be...I bought not a Ford extended warranty but a "dealer" extended warranty...the fine print indicates that they would prefer that you brought your vehicle in for maintenance, otherwise to keep records/receipts if you DIY (like me). I have no idea what the difference in price for a Ford extended warranty is compared to my dealer's (they also sell Toyotas), or what the difference in conditions, but as a CYA I'd suggest reading your extended warranty and at least save your oil receipts
That's good advice. I buy my filters at the Ford dealership so they, as well as I, have a record.

I agree in regard to receipts. I buy Mobil 1 at Wally World... and keep the receipts. I even keep receipts for fuel.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
I did the same with the filters...some of the grease monkeys I saw there were almost walking on their knuckles

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I just checked my oil. I’m 2,000 miles into this oil change With Amsoil and the oil level is between the dots but above the hash marks just a little bit.
What throws me off is how red/purple the oil looks. Almost like I changed it with royal purple?
Engine build date 06-AUG-19
4D05D1A0-D936-408E-A8DF-EC830C47B421.jpeg
01628676-6016-453B-9E3A-E9DAA0EC47C5.jpeg

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I just checked my oil. I’m 2,000 miles into this oil change With Amsoil and the oil level is between the dots but above the hash marks just a little bit.
What throws me off is how red/purple the oil looks. Almost like I changed it with royal purple?
01628676-6016-453B-9E3A-E9DAA0EC47C5.jpeg
That oil is a really odd color. Last time I saw that color I was looking at transmission fluid!

Well, I drive my truck home from the dealer and then back to the dealer (my parents live really close to them) and then home again. Next day, I went on that long (ish) drive. 30 minutes at highway speed, let it idle for 15 (picking up stuff from Grandma's) and then home. Left it until today (so it sat 2 days) and checked it again. Damn oil is back perfectly at the top of the hatch marks. Will have to monitor some more.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That oil is a really odd color. Last time I saw that color I was looking at transmission fluid!

Well, I drive my truck home from the dealer and then back to the dealer (my parents live really close to them) and then home again. Next day, I went on that long (ish) drive. 30 minutes at highway speed, let it idle for 15 (picking up stuff from Grandma's) and then home. Left it until today (so it sat 2 days) and checked it again. Damn oil is back perfectly at the top of the hatch marks. Will have to monitor some more.
Thanks for reporting back! :clap:

What you are experiencing is the stock PCV system doing it's job.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well, I have an appt. a week from Friday to have it looked at. When I changed it last Monday at just over 3000 miles on the oil and filter, I drained out over 7.5 qts. I changed it because it was way over on the level and smelled of gas. I added 6 qts exactly and it was just a hair above the hash marks. I have been checking it every morning, after it sits overnight, and recording the level with pictures. It has gone up every day and after only ~350 miles, the level is up to the top hole. I will probably have to do another oil change before my appt. that is 10 days out. I do not take short drives as I live in the sticks and have a 25mi, each way commute, to and from work, that is almost all highway. There is something definitely going on that only started recently. I am approaching 14,000 miles on the odo. and next week will be my 1 year anniversary for having the truck. Sucks, hopefully the dealer will take it seriously.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Thanks for reporting back! :clap:

What you are experiencing is the stock PCV system doing it's job.
So... Is it just a shitty design? I've never experienced my oil level going up and down like that. I have another direct injection engine in the home fleet and it doesn't go up and down like that.

Reactions: Doc

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
So... Is it just a shitty design? I've never experienced my oil level going up and down like that. I have another direct injection engine in the home fleet and it doesn't go up and down like that.
Good question. You would think Ford could answer it.

But since they seem unable, with as many folks here that are experiencing the problem I would think if you all did a comparison of driving habits, trip data over a period of time, etc. you could possibly drill down on what the issue is

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Good question. You would think Ford could answer it.

But since they seem unable, with as many folks here that are experiencing the problem I would think if you all did a comparison of driving habits, trip data over a period of time, etc. you could possibly drill down on what the issue is
Sounds like a plan. I guess I need to stick to the short trips for a bit and see if the level goes up. Maybe that longer trip fixed things. In the same breath, what's the consensus now on catch cans? I really don't like the idea of this crap ending up in the oil to hopefully be burnt off one day (if that is in fact what's happening). I'd gladly at it to the routine to drain the catch can if it means keeping the oil clean.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Did you accidently grab a quart of Amsoil ATF by mistake during fillup?!

Reactions: Doc

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does anyone know what the pressure of the fuel pump should be? According to my torque app, mine is varying between 2100 & 3600 psi. I've got less than 400 miles since my last oil change and have been checking the level every day. It has gone from the top of the hash marks to now above the top hole and smells of fuel. I have an appointment this coming Friday with the dealer. I will probably get the mustang out of hibernation since I am afraid of what damage I may be doing to the truck in the meantime.

For those interested, I just turned over 14,000 miles and have been running Mobil 1 since my first oil change at 4,000 miles. Almost all trips with the truck have been at least 25 miles one way and I never use the start/stop feature. Truck is stock and the fuel in oil problem only started within the last month. Drained well over 7.5 qts during the last oil change 2 weeks ago and the level on the dipstick is approaching similar height. Truck drives well and I have had no other issues. I am hoping the dealer doesn't brush me off as others have apparently been.

Ranger Chaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2019 Ford Ranger XLT