Fox 2.0 Coilovers & Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks Available for Pre-Order!

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Our friends over at Fox released the part numbers, pricing, and some preliminary info for their 2019 Ranger 2.0 Coilovers and 2.0 Performance Series Rear Shocks.

Needless to say, we're pretty pumped. We're working on getting a set of both in for photos and an install on our own Ranger.

We'll have some more info on availability hopefully soon™.

99-16_F250_F350_4WD_Fox_20_Rear_Shocks_0-1_.jpg
Sponsored

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2019 Ford Ranger SC Lariat
Occupation
Captain, Firefighter
Definitely will get the shocks. Not interested in leveling but I had Fox w/ BDS lift on my 2015 F150 and nothing compares to them! Good news

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
That's actually very reasonable pricing...will be interested to hear reviews about them!

JRLyons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Tacoma SR5 4X4, 2011 Volkswagen GTI
Is this "special" pre-order pricing or the expected MSRP?

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
This is pricing straight from Fox and is their MSRP/MAP pricing.
After putting a 1000 miles on my truck..and all commute miles, I'm pretty disappointed in the extremely sloppy handling. It's made worse with the flat slippery seats. Someone yesterday mentioned it feels like a lifted 57 Bel Air. I literally slide a little in my seat when carefully taking a turn. I came to a turning stop today in a parking lot exiting to the road and the truck rocked back and forth/side to side a couple times.

Would a simple change to coil overs and shock fix the situation?

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
After putting a 1000 miles on my truck..and all commute miles, I'm pretty disappointed in the extremely sloppy handling. It's made worse with the flat slippery seats. Someone yesterday mentioned it feels like a lifted 57 Bel Air. I literally slide a little in my seat when carefully taking a turn. I came to a turning stop today in a parking lot exiting to the road and the truck rocked back and forth/side to side a couple times.

Possibly. We're going to do a full range of testing on a couple of different suspension setups.

Right now we're running a BDS 2" Level with NX2 Shocks on our own Ranger, which we'll be putting through the ringer shortly.

The real question right now is if the sloppy handling is all due to the stock shocks and coilovers or if the stock leaf packs are partly to blame for the wallow.

Aftermarket coilovers and shocks would definitely help, but we're not quite sure yet if they're going to be a one-stop solution as yet.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

There's no rear sway bar. My guess is that adding one would be not too difficult, and would go a long way towards comforting the ride by reducing body roll.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab,302A,FX4 2016Mazda Miata(zoom-zoom) 2007Yamaha FZ1
Occupation
Covid-19 forced retirement
Our friends over at Fox released the part numbers, pricing, and some preliminary info for their 2019 Ranger 2.0 Coilovers and 2.0 Performance Series Rear Shocks.

Needless to say, we're pretty pumped. We're working on getting a set of both in for photos and an install on our own Ranger.

We'll have some more info on availability hopefully soon™.

99-16_F250_F350_4WD_Fox_20_Rear_Shocks_0-1_.jpg
Very interested to hear your impressions on these. I don't currently own a ranger but I test drove a non fx4 truck on Friday and was very disappointed with the driving experience. Hell my 2017 Escape drives way better than the ranger. I'm going to go back to test an fx4 to see if it drives better. If you are very happy with this kit I might order a non fx4 and add this kit. Otherwise I may shop for a different truck.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Very interested to hear your impressions on these. I don't currently own a ranger but I test drove a non fx4 truck on Friday and was very disappointed with the driving experience. Hell my 2017 Escape drives way better than the ranger. I'm going to go back to test an fx4 to see if it drives better. If you are very happy with this kit I might order a non fx4 and add this kit. Otherwise I may shop for a different truck.
What were you expecting when you compared the driving experience of an Escape to a truck? It doesn't make much sense to compare a body on frame truck to a Focus based unibody crossover. What are your expectations?

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
If the Fox 2.0s on the F150s are any indicator, the 2.0s on the Rangers should be a pretty major improvement.

The only question we have right now is if they're going to be the only thing required to get rid of all the wallow out of the rear end.

We shall see.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What were you expecting when you compared the driving experience of an Escape to a truck? It doesn't make much sense to compare a body on frame truck to a Focus based unibody crossover. What are your expectations?
There *is* the ability to make this truck tighter. ROW Rangers, at least the Rangers I drove in Asia, are much tighter. They don't wallow around like the US Ranger. Granted, the US Ranger seems to float over road imperfections more so than the overseas offerings so it's another one of the US market tweaks (like wider/softer seats) Ford made to our Rangers. Many like it, so Ford made the right choice, some don't, and those of us that don't are left searching for an improvement. I can't see keeping this more than 2 or 3 years, so just going deal with it.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
There *is* the ability to make this truck tighter. ROW Rangers, at least the Rangers I drove in Asia, are much tighter. They don't wallow around like the US Ranger. Granted, the US Ranger seems to float over road imperfections more so than the overseas offerings so it's another one of the US market tweaks (like wider/softer seats) Ford made to our Rangers. Many like it, so Ford made the right choice, some don't, and those of us that don't are left searching for an improvement. I can't see keeping this more than 2 or 3 years, so just going deal with it.
I completely agree with you! It's a tad soft up front for my taste as well, but I don't think it's necessarily a "bad" thing. I just don't understand why Hairball is comparing this truck's ride to an Escape.
Sponsored