Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a Ford/Fox 2.0 leveling kit that is supposed to be set for 2" of leveling and there is about 1.9" from the bottom of the ring to the bottom of the threads. I don't know if it'll be 2" of lift in the front or not.
I just got a Ford/Fox 2.0 leveling kit that is supposed to be set for 2" of leveling and there is about 1.9" from the bottom of the ring to the bottom of the threads. I don't know if it'll be 2" of lift in the front or not.
Mine is set to 3.5 inch. I think mine is max out. You are saying that yours is set to about 2 inch? Same way measurement showing on the pics?

Screenshot_20210612-144255_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Yup, that's how I measured it and it's set to about 2". But I could set it higher if needed. Mines not maxed out.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
This is useful info. I want to get just about 1.5” of lift in the front to maintain some rake. So does that 3.5” roughly correspond to how much lift you achieved in the front?

In other words at stock I’m guessing I would measure about 2” if I measured that way.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is useful info. I want to get just about 1.5” of lift in the front to maintain some rake. So does that 3.5” roughly correspond to how much lift you achieved in the front?

In other words at stock I’m guessing I would measure about 2” if I measured that way.
I'm have been asking around if this is the right way off measuring the height, I send an email to Fox but their respond is somewhat different, even with the pics attached. With my 295/70R17 I need to go up at least another 1/2 to 1 inch of lift. I think the best way to adjust fox coilover are tires and height dependants. If it clears your tires and no rubbing then you are good. One thing I learned using Fox is that you have to take to the people that do this suspension daily cause they can set it up for your taste.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Can you measure your setup?

VentureRanger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Do you need a special key or anything to do this change the height. Mine came out of the box as 2 different sizes so I need to make them equal back up to the 2" level. I feel the question is silly, but I was told I need a special key to adjust them, and I didn't get anything in the box.

From what I've seen online it's just a spring compressor to adjust them, then hand loosen/tighten it to the right height.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you need a special key or anything to do this change the height. Mine came out of the box as 2 different sizes so I need to make them equal back up to the 2" level. I feel the question is silly, but I was told I need a special key to adjust them, and I didn't get anything in the box.

From what I've seen online it's just a spring compressor to adjust them, then hand loosen/tighten it to the right height.
I'll ask them for the key,according to Fox it should come with a key and on YouTube, yes you will need to compress the spring or go to a shop that has the spring compression, I heard they are dangerous and safety is paramount when compressing the springs. Their is a number to call on Fox website.
Sponsored