Installed Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks Today

biggestjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
And man, what a difference they make! I was literally laughing at how much better they are over the stock rear shocks with the FX4 package. It's like night and day, and it only took me like half an hour to install. I can't imagine a better bang for your buck than upgrading the rear suspension. I'll probably get the Fox 2.0 coilovers installed in the future.
Sponsored

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Upgrading my rear shocks is on my extreme short list. Can't wait!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
And man, what a difference they make! I was literally laughing at how much better they are over the stock rear shocks with the FX4 package. It's like night and day, and it only took me like half an hour to install. I can't imagine a better bang for your buck than upgrading the rear suspension. I'll probably get the Fox 2.0 coilovers installed in the future.
Agree 100%. Like a different truck.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Agree 100%. Like a different truck.
Same here. Easy upgrade. I just run 4 or 5 lbs more air in the front tires and it balances out pretty well. Give it a try.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
So can anyone chime in on what towing is like after this upgrade? I tow about 5000 lbs so the tongue weight is about 500 ish or so. If I can get rid of some of the porpoising Iā€™d be happy. Have FX2 now so yā€™all know those shocks as Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re the same as the FX4 ones.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Same here. Easy upgrade. I just run 4 or 5 lbs more air in the front tires and it balances out pretty well. Give it a try.
That is what I am doing also. Please please do not start a debate about air pressure folks. Please run the pressure on your door and not what I do :p

So can anyone chime in on what towing is like after this upgrade? I tow about 5000 lbs so the tongue weight is about 500 ish or so. If I can get rid of some of the porpoising Iā€™d be happy. Have FX2 now so yā€™all know those shocks as Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re the same as the FX4 ones.
It can only help improve things.
Sponsored