Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my ELM 327 adapter and getting ready to dive into FORScan.

I believe I read somewhere in this forum that adaptive cruise was possible through FORScan, a quick search only found one post in this thread.

Is this possible??

Also, there's plenty of YouTube vids out there to help noobs like me.
Read up on forscan.org. The ELM 327 is no longer recommended. Still works for some though so who knows.
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Read up on forscan.org. The ELM 327 is no longer recommended. Still works for some though so who knows.
Well it would be my luck to get a faulty adapter and I wouldn’t know whether it’s me, the truck, the program or the adapter.

Is this one here, mentioned in the first post, still a trustworthy buy??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Well it would be my luck to get a faulty adapter and I wouldn’t know whether it’s me, the truck, the program or the adapter.

Is this one here, mentioned in the first post, still a trustworthy buy??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/
I initially tried the ELM 327 but it only partially worked on my 2021 Ranger. Returned it to Amazon and got the OBDLink EX which worked.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
That's the one. Works great for me!
x2 I have that one
X3 works great for me.

On another note, I saw a setting somewhere in ForScan about the fuel system prime on drivers door opening. has anyone ever tried modifying it?

EDIT: I seem to be seeing more fuel in the oil and was wondering if disabling that feature has been tried by anyone?

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
On another note, I saw a setting somewhere in ForScan about the fuel system prime on drivers door opening. has anyone ever tried modifying it?

EDIT: I seem to be seeing more fuel in the oil and was wondering if disabling that feature has been tried by anyone?
I have seen some people complain about it. It's just the pump in the tank pressurizing the line from the tank to the High Pressure Fuel Pump on the engine, which is driven by the cam shaft. Would not think it would contribute to fuel in oil.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
X3 works great for me.

I did try modifying this setting previously. It did not change the door-based behavior.

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Have we covered if its possible to adjust the speed that the auto high beams come on? I think its around 32 mph and turns back off at 26. I would prefer it to be more like turn on at 25 and turn off under 20. My fiancee's CX5 activates the auto high beams at lower speeds and I like it way more.

Hellrazor

First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Baller
can somebody explain how to use this? I download it for scan to my laptop and I also registered. I was trying to get the two month free extended license. Do you have to wait to be accepted to login to proceed any further? How do you get a hardware ID? it says copy the hardware ID from the about chapter of forescan Where the hell is that at?

Last edited:

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
can somebody explain how to use this? I download it for scan to my laptop and I also registered. I was trying to get the two month free extended license. Do you have to wait to be accepted to login to proceed any further? How do you get a hardware ID? it says copy the hardware ID from the about chapter of forescan Where the hell is that at?
I think you have to wait for approval before you can get a license. Mine only took a couple of hours.

I spent the $10 for a 1 year license.

I didn't have to do the hardware ID thing, just copied the activation code and pasted it in.

I turned off ASS, double honk and fake engine noise. Turned on Bambi mode and switched ot the Ford Performance splash screen. All were easy and seem to be working on a brief test drive.

I had a few codes to clear after the ABS bleed procedure. The ABS module codes didn't seem to clear, but when I started the truck they went away. It made a small, but noticeable change to the pedal feel.

Hellrazor

First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Baller
I think you have to wait for approval before you can get a license. Mine only took a couple of hours.

I spent the $10 for a 1 year license.

I didn't have to do the hardware ID thing, just copied the activation code and pasted it in.

I turned off ASS, double honk and fake engine noise. Turned on Bambi mode and switched ot the Ford Performance splash screen. All were easy and seem to be working on a brief test drive.

I had a few codes to clear after the ABS bleed procedure. The ABS module codes didn't seem to clear, but when I started the truck they went away. It made a small, but noticeable change to the pedal feel.
I figured it out I bought the $10 license did the abs service bleed brakes work great now. I also disabled ass does that have anything to do with how the battery maintains a charge?

Last edited:

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured it out I bought the $10 license did the abs service bleed brakes work great now. I also disabled ass does that have anything to do with how the battery maintains a charge?
I'm wondering the same thing. Hopefully somebody that knows will respond.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering the same thing. Hopefully somebody that knows will respond.
No battery has separate settings. You cab change % charge and completely disability batt maintenance

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No battery has separate settings. You cab change % charge and completely disability batt maintenance
Thanks!

Just kind of odd the way it's listed as "BMS - Automatic Start/Stop" and the display shows ASS not working because it's charging. Makes me wonder if you're really turning off BMS.

Seems like plenty of people have the BMS lead disconnected without issue, but I still wonder about the long term effect on our expensive AGM battery.

I'm also a complete forscan noob.
Sponsored