First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
How did you get all the chimes to turn off? I can't seem to get rid of all of them
In Forscan;
Load IPC:
Chimes Veh run door open enable/disable
For startup chimes click, in IPC 'As Built' line 720-01-02 XXXX X2XX (change to 2 from 0, all 'X' stay unchanged)

I also got rid of the piped in engine sound, changed the splash screen to 5 (Raptor), got rid of the start-up Goodby backlight, enabled 'Bambi mode', turned off auto start/stop, and enabled the auto relock to 45 seconds.
I love Forscan!!
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Are the 2 cables in post 1 still recommended?

Got new tires on the way. Time to dive in.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Are the 2 cables in post 1 still recommended?

Got new tires on the way. Time to dive in.
I have the OBDLink EX cable and it has always worked perfectly. I haven't seen any different cables pop up that are better So you should be good with either of them.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I have the OBDLink EX cable and it has always worked perfectly. I haven't seen any different cables pop up that are better So you should be good with either of them.
Thanks.

Is this the best thread for my upcoming noob questions?

Or is it more for documenting known changes?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
?

Either thread really sine they both have a mix of info, but this one is primarily for the documented working changes.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks.

Is this the best thread for my upcoming noob questions?

Or is it more for documenting known changes?
+1 on the OBDLink adapter cable. It works flawlessly and no need for toggling. There are some useful tutorial videos on YouTube that offer a good introduction as well. It really helps to see the software in use, backing up and writing modules etc. Between reading this entire thread and the one linked above, and watching several of those, you should be all set.

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I can see on one of the spread sheets that you can use forescan to turn on some off-road features that are only seen on lariat and FX4 packages. I only have an XLT, so if I were to buy the TM switch from ford and pair it to the forescan software that gives me terrain modes would they work or would they be duds? Has anybody tried this??

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, does anyone know how to disable the speed limiter?

omniphil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I can see on one of the spread sheets that you can use forescan to turn on some off-road features that are only seen on lariat and FX4 packages. I only have an XLT, so if I were to buy the TM switch from ford and pair it to the forescan software that gives me terrain modes would they work or would they be duds? Has anybody tried this??
I have done exactly that on my XLT. I certainly get the 4 terrain modes after buying the TM button assembly and coding it with forscan.

motormike

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 ford 150, 2020 XLT RANGER 4X4
Occupation
RETIRED
Vehicle Showcase
I have done exactly that on my XLT. I certainly get the 4 terrain modes after buying the TM button assembly and coding it with forscan.
dont mind me asking.. what was involved and how much did you pay for the module?

omniphil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
dont mind me asking.. what was involved and how much did you pay for the module?
The modules are on national back order right now unfortunately, but I got mine on Ebay for $100.
All you have to do is carefully pull up the trim around the shifter and unplug the old button assembly with 1 connector and plug in the new one. Took about a minute for the button install. Very simple. (The new assembly also has silver trim on it that matches the trim around the shifter, vs solid black for the factory unit)

The rest is just the coding in Forscan to enable Terrain Management, that was it. I don't off road but I did want the Snow mode for the winter out here in NH. (I actually coded Terrain Management on in Forscan while I was waiting for the button module to ship, so you can do that ahead of time then just pop the button in and be done).

motormike

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 ford 150, 2020 XLT RANGER 4X4
Occupation
RETIRED
Vehicle Showcase
The modules are on national back order right now unfortunately, but I got mine on Ebay for $100.
All you have to do is carefully pull up the trim around the shifter and unplug the old button assembly with 1 connector and plug in the new one. Took about a minute for the button install. Very simple. (The new assembly also has silver trim on it that matches the trim around the shifter, vs solid black for the factory unit)

The rest is just the coding in Forscan to enable Terrain Management, that was it. I don't off road but I did want the Snow mode for the winter out here in NH. (I actually coded Terrain Management on in Forscan while I was waiting for the button module to ship, so you can do that ahead of time then just pop the button in and be done).
thank you.. does it show the different TM modes on the dash also?