First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
No issues that I'm aware of. I ran the changes.made for over a year and the truck did just fine for me.
Sponsored

Adamcarr

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford ranger xlt
No issues that I'm aware of. I ran the changes.made for over a year and the truck did just fine for me.
What changes did you end up going with? I went with terrain management, Bambi mode, disabled auto stop, enabled 4wd gauges, and enabled fog light with corner turn.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
With Forscan I enabled terrain Management, Bambi Mode, and 4WD Gauges. Auto Start Stop was disabled by a tune. Never had any issues

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Does anyone know if adjusting the battery management target from 75% to 90% also causes the truck to decide it needs to go to "deep sleep" sooner? Since it now believes the battery should be maintaining 90%?

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Does anyone know if adjusting the battery management target from 75% to 90% also causes the truck to decide it needs to go to "deep sleep" sooner? Since it now believes the battery should be maintaining 90%?
That’s a damn good question. I switched it from 75 to 90 myself over a month ago because I kept getting deep sleep issues and also once the truck completely died (no lights, chimes, dash light etc.) even though battery was at 12.9V, and the only thing that brought her back up to life was disconnecting the negative. Ever since switching to 90 all of my issues have gone. No more deep sleep issues. I used to get deep sleep at least twice a week before changing it to 90.

I’ll keep you posted if anything changes

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it will if you do not drive it enough to get the charge to that level .

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Well it happened again. Truck just went into sleep mode even though I changed my SOC to 90% and the truck literally only sat for a few hours after a 30 mile ride. I checked the voltage and the battery is at 12.38 which is barely over 50% charged....

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I bought this cable on the advice of a friend but instructions are minimal and I was unable to download a driver to make it work. I may or may not try again. I supposedly downloaded Forscan but when I open it nothing is there and when I tried to register for their forums it told me I didn’t answer the question or enter my email, which I had done. I thought this would be easy but I’m starting to think it’s not worth the bother.
Cable is going back to Amazon.

D1ACC6DA-CC40-4D5E-9CE5-1836EFD8A88A.jpeg

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I bought this cable on the advice of a friend but instructions are minimal and I was unable to download a driver to make it work. I may or may not try again. I supposedly downloaded Forscan but when I open it nothing is there and when I tried to register for their forums it told me I didn’t answer the question or enter my email, which I had done. I thought this would be easy but I’m starting to think it’s not worth the bother.

I have that one and it worked just fine with ForScan on my Focus ST and two Mustangs but would not read all the modules on the Ranger. I used it on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 11 and when I plugged it in it installed whatever generic driver Windows was happy with.

I got the OBDLink EX that was recommended by ForScan and it works perfectly with the Ranger. I have only used it on a Windows 11 machine and same thing it installed what ever driver Windows was happy with.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase

Forget what “friends” advise and do what the forscan website says and nothing more.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I have that one and it worked just fine with ForScan on my Focus ST and two Mustangs but would not read all the modules on the Ranger. I used it on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 11 and when I plugged it in it installed whatever generic driver Windows was happy with.

I got the OBDLink EX that was recommended by ForScan and it works perfectly with the Ranger. I have only used it on a Windows 11 machine and same thing it installed what ever driver Windows was happy with.
When I went to the website it did not list the model of cable that I had and my computer would not find the driver automatically, I just got "No drivers found".
Maybe it wasn't a good cable. This is the first time in at least ten years that I can remember having to go to a website and download a driver myself.
My cousin owns a repair shop so I might ask him if he has Forscan and a cable. There's only a few things I want to tinker with like Bambi mode and tire size and I'll probably never touch it again.

Last edited:

Mustangski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX/FX4
Occupation
US Military
Has anyone changed tire size on a factory Tremor? I put factory take-off Tremor wheels/tires on my truck, is a stock 21 FX4. Looking to change the tire size for speedo calibration, ForScan showed my factory size was 2356 in the system. I'm calculating 2437 for the new tire size, but curious what a factory Tremor has in the computer. My speedo isn't that far off after the upgraded wheels/tires according to my speedo app which seems odd.

Any Tremor owners in ForScan?

Dunneldeen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
It is my understanding that it will change the charging target to 90% only. The truck should only go into deep sleep when the voltage drops below a certain level. I changed mine to 90% a couple months ago due to deep sleep issues and it seems to have solved my problem.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Will the dealer know/care if I use forscan and can they use it to get out of warranty coverage ?