First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
okay last question for now I assume I want an extended license?
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
okay last question for now I assume I want an extended license?
I opted for a 1 year license. I could've likely gotten away with two 30-day licenses from them, but the $10 for the year is way worth it to support what they're doing and give me time to tinker at my own pace.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I opted for a 1 year license. I could've likely gotten away with two 30-day licenses from them, but the $10 for the year is way worth it to support what they're doing and give me time to tinker at my own pace.
Agreed - I tend to support those who bring value to the table, and Forscan has given me way more value than the cost of a license. I encourage others who have benefited from this work to do the same. :)

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Agreed - I tend to support those who bring value to the table, and Forscan has given me way more value than the cost of a license. I encourage others who have benefited from this work to do the same. :)
I bought the lifetime....if it fixes a couple things that annoy me it's worth it!

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Is there a GUI for adding heated seats icon to the Home screen or secondary menu?

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Is there a GUI for adding heated seats icon to the Home screen or secondary menu?
It is called “Seat Button Icon” adds heat control buttons to HOME/Climate Controls on head unit display

As Built 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x3xx Enables

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It is called “Seat Button Icon” adds heat control buttons to HOME/Climate Controls on head unit display

As Built 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x3xx Enables
It's in the APIM configuration.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I've been driving for a while with a few of these changes in place and so far my favorite is the corner light mode for fog lamps. It is so convenient to have that extra light kicking out low in the direction you're going when it's dark out and the terrain is unfamiliar.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I've been driving for a while with a few of these changes in place and so far my favorite is the corner light mode for fog lamps. It is so convenient to have that extra light kicking out low in the direction you're going when it's dark out and the terrain is unfamiliar.
Do they come on when you change lanes ?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I'm not quite sure how that works. I haven't been in a situation where I have changed lanes but they do come on at a certain steering angle (I'm not sure what that is) because I have sat in my driveway and moved the wheel left and right just to annoy my neighbors. I don't know if the 'puter works it different at speed.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Regarding cornering lamps, I haven't switched on that option... I always wonder whether for no-LED lamps, it might reduce lamp lifespan, due to constant on/off without reaching steady operating temp.

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
No. The "Corner light mode for fog lights" enables the light at 2 degrees turn of the wheel for only that light in which the wheel is turned. You can verify this with the "Off Road display menu". Under that menu you can see the angle of the wheel.

Regarding cornering lamps, I haven't switched on that option... I always wonder whether for no-LED lamps, it might reduce lamp lifespan, due to constant on/off without reaching steady operating temp.
How often do you actually turn on the fog lights? Think of it as the benefit of using them for cornering out ways the reduced life of the bulbs. Besides if they burn out they are cheep or a reason to get led replacements. I find this a very useful mod since my fog lights are not used often for there intended purpose.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
No. The "Corner light mode for fog lights" enables the light at 2 degrees turn of the wheel for only that light in which the wheel is turned. You can verify this with the "Off Road display menu". Under that menu you can see the angle of the wheel.
I was wondering at what angle it triggered. At 2 degrees is not much. Wouldn't want it to be a distraction to others.

Nice if someone figured out how to adjust the angle.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
How often do you actually turn on the fog lights?
Honestly, always. I keep them on all the time for my driving, the extra side and down-low lighting that they provide during normal driving is immensely helpful. Lightbulbs are use items, if they need to be replaced, they do. I run DOT approved LEDs in mine anyways so I'm unconcerned.
Sponsored