Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible at all to add auto mirror down during reverse? I remember this very useful feature in other older vehicles where when shifted in reverse, the mirrors would aim down and in to see your rear tires.
Sponsored

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Is it possible at all to add auto mirror down during reverse? I remember this very useful feature in other older vehicles where when shifted in reverse, the mirrors would aim down and in to see your rear tires.
No dice. We don't have the modules on the vehicle.

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say about FORSCan, is be VERY cautious when using it. You can really screw things up if you don't know what you are doing. The first time I used it, I made sure to save the factory settings, that way I could always bring it back to before I screwed with it.

I've only changed one thing so far, disabled the double-honk when closing the doors with engine on. When I changed that one code, I made sure to write down the original codes so I could rewrite that one alone if something didn't work as expected.

I know there are some folks on this forum that are a whole lot smarter than me when it comes to FORScan, and who have experience with it on other vehicles as well. But honestly, I don't know them personally and I don't know what their experience level is by reading a few posts.

What's difficult about programming this thing is there is no real Ranger programming codes list anywhere. The wiki here gets a lot of the codes from other vehicles with other trim levels, other features, and other years, and they don't always work for everyone. If someone on the forum confirms one works, be cognizant of what year and trim level they have. Settings for a 4x4 won't help a 4x2. It should be obvious, but one should be on the lookout for that stuff.

All I'm saying is be careful

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say about FORSCan, is be VERY cautious when using it. You can really screw things up if you don't know what you are doing. The first time I used it, I made sure to save the factory settings, that way I could always bring it back to before I screwed with it.

I've only changed one thing so far, disabled the double-honk when closing the doors with engine on. When I changed that one code, I made sure to write down the original codes so I could rewrite that one alone if something didn't work as expected.

I know there are some folks on this forum that are a whole lot smarter than me when it comes to FORScan, and who have experience with it on other vehicles as well. But honestly, I don't know them personally and I don't know what their experience level is by reading a few posts.

What's difficult about programming this thing is there is no real Ranger programming codes list anywhere. The wiki here gets a lot of the codes from other vehicles with other trim levels, other features, and other years, and they don't always work for everyone. If someone on the forum confirms one works, be cognizant of what year and trim level they have. Settings for a 4x4 won't help a 4x2. It should be obvious, but one should be on the lookout for that stuff.

I know right? I felt the same way when I took apart my front suspension to install the lift kit...nearly had a panic several times LOL...I'm a careful risk taker so I'm going in...yes back up first...then one mod at a time...:)

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
I used the menus for these ;

Disable double horn honk.
Bambi mode.
Corner light mode for fog lights.
Daytime running includes park lights.

They all worked after I remembered to hit the Write button after changing the settings. I think it is a bit safer and easier than messing with the Hex numbers. I did have to use the Hex codes to adjust the speedometer for larger tires.

upload_2019-12-28_10-53-21.png
Hi, I am logged into my 2019 Ranger and I am on the module tab but I don't have the 3rd tab that let's me change options. I downloaded the Beta version as that is all I saw. Any suggestions?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I tried running forscan and failed as it says another instance is running even though I've rebooted:frown:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Great feature. Our 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe has it. Helps keep from scraping the wheels on curbs. It also has auto-parking, but haven't been brave enough to try it !

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Make backup .abd files before you do anything.
I will second this advice. Backup all your settings before you do ANYTHING - if you do this, you really can't go wrong - if you make a mistake, just restore the original and you are good.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I tried running forscan and failed as it says another instance is running even though I've rebooted:frown:
Pull up task manager and see if you have another instance running. It would be weird, but that should tell you. Otherwise I'd say you have some weird gremlin....

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pull up task manager and see if you have another instance running. It would be weird, but that should tell you. Otherwise I'd say you have some weird gremlin....
I'll try uninstall and restart the process...no hurry...:)

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger

How did you get to work so you can change that stupid double honk? I get to the tab for the modules but I don't have the 3rd tab I am seeing in the examples. I do have the temporary extended license but have not tried that yet. All I want to do is fix the double honk and add bambi mode.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I am logged into my 2019 Ranger and I am on the module tab but I don't have the 3rd tab that let's me change options. I downloaded the Beta version as that is all I saw. Any suggestions?
I am not an expert on Forscan at all. I have only been in to my truck two times. The video below was helpful to me.