First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Thanks to all for the helpful info so far! I got FORScan to get rid of the horn double honk but was very pleased to find stuff like the fogs for night turning.

Some issues:
- the splash screen change worked once then reverted itself to Ford from FP that I wanted. Strangely it also made “cd” show up as a source in the radio and xm briefly stopped working.
- ANC and the three microphones were OFF by default on my 3/2019 build Lariat. I turned it on and hope it actually does something.

Has anyone tried the Lincoln Experience on a ranger yet?

Can someone explain secure idle and why want it?
Secure idle won't let the truck shift out of park if the fob isn't present. It's definitely a good security feature, and it was already turned on for my 2020. Only time I've 'tested' it is when I left the truck running and went inside for something and put the fob down. Got back in the truck and couldn't put it in gear.
Sponsored

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all for the helpful info so far! I got FORScan to get rid of the horn double honk but was very pleased to find stuff like the fogs for night turning.

Some issues:
- the splash screen change worked once then reverted itself to Ford from FP that I wanted. Strangely it also made “cd” show up as a source in the radio and xm briefly stopped working.
- ANC and the three microphones were OFF by default on my 3/2019 build Lariat. I turned it on and hope it actually does something.

Has anyone tried the Lincoln Experience on a ranger yet?

Can someone explain secure idle and why want it?
Also for the record I have a Zen via A2B and have removed the stock B&O amplifier. It would be surprising to me if the stock B&O amp had anything onboard related to ANC and the microphones... but I guess that's possible :-/

I also have the FP tune installed.

Last edited:

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
A bit of help, please... :)

I am running the Livernois Tow Tune and have made several Forscan changes, and now my dashboard Settings menu no longer lists the "Check Rear Seat" alert.

Darn thing goes off for several key cycles after I open one of the rear doors. Most of the Forscan mods I have made have to do with removing the annoying chimes, so this one is wearing on me (and the wife, who has signed up to hit the "close" button whenever we turn off the truck).

I am guessing the cure is to remove the tune and return the Forscan changes to stock, then change the Check Rear Seat setting and recheck it after painstakingly re-adding each mod, but.....anybody got a faster way to work this?

Seems like there ought to be an entry in one of the Forscan tables, but I am not savvy enough to find it so far.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
A bit of help, please... :)

I am running the Livernois Tow Tune and have made several Forscan changes, and now my dashboard Settings menu no longer lists the "Check Rear Seat" alert.

Darn thing goes off for several key cycles after I open one of the rear doors. Most of the Forscan mods I have made have to do with removing the annoying chimes, so this one is wearing on me (and the wife, who has signed up to hit the "close" button whenever we turn off the truck).

I am guessing the cure is to remove the tune and return the Forscan changes to stock, then change the Check Rear Seat setting and recheck it after painstakingly re-adding each mod, but.....anybody got a faster way to work this?

Seems like there ought to be an entry in one of the Forscan tables, but I am not savvy enough to find it so far.
There is a setting in FORscan for the rear seat occupant alert. I saw it when using it and making some changes for the first time last night. I disabled it and FORscan said I would be prompted to reactivate it every 6 months (I think by the vehicle) as long as it's disabled. I hadn't planned to modify that one and can't recall what module I found it in but I think where the other chimes settings and engine sound enhancement is.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I just wanted to thank the contributors to this thread as it was very helpful. I finally jumped in last night as I needed to recalibrate my speedo for larger tires and got into a number of the other changes I had been planning for a while. Even played with some settings I hadn't planned on doing. I had read this whole thread a few times and watched several useful tutorials on YouTube and everything went smoothly. The people behind the scenes at FORscan must be paying attention to what users want as I didn't need to get into any hex codes at all, the user interface covered it all.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to thank the contributors to this thread as it was very helpful. I finally jumped in last night as I needed to recalibrate my speedo for larger tires and got into a number of the other changes I had been planning for a while. Even played with some settings I hadn't planned on doing. I had read this whole thread a few times and watched several useful tutorials on YouTube and everything went smoothly. The people behind the scenes at FORscan must be paying attention to what users want as I didn't need to get into any hex codes at all, the user interface covered it all.
The one thing I'll always say is to double-check your speedo calibration. I used an external GPS module to get mine figured out, I got within 1/4-1/2mph, but the UI updates didn't match what I expected so I had to do HEX editing for that one. Everything else has been great. I'm glad to have supported them to keep improving.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
The one thing I'll always say is to double-check your speedo calibration. I used an external GPS module to get mine figured out, I got within 1/4-1/2mph, but the UI updates didn't match what I expected so I had to do HEX editing for that one. Everything else has been great. I'm glad to have supported them to keep improving.
Yes for sure! They've updated the interface so you only need to input your tire circumference in mm now, but when I looked up my tire specs on Nitto's site and used it to calculate what the circumference should be, my speedo is over by more than it was under after the tire upgrade. I'll just play with the % error and adjust accordingly until I get it matched up to my liking. ?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes for sure! They've updated the interface so you only need to input your tire circumference in mm now, but when I looked up my tire specs on Nitto's site and used it to calculate what the circumference should be, my speedo is over by more than it was under after the tire upgrade. I'll just play with the % error and adjust accordingly until I get it matched up to my liking. ?
Yup, that was pretty much my issue too. I used the calculator from FORScan's site and edited the HEX codes and had no issues. I think the internal calculation in FORScan might not be correct.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if it's common knowledge but the front turn signal hyperblink (in the instrument cluster) when swapping to LED bulbs can be eliminated by setting the "Front Bulb Turn Outage" in the BdyCM to "disabled". I was about to edit the hex code as per @j0shm1lls line in the table on the first page but noticed the GUI parameter in the BdyCM before doing so. The front bulb turn outage is listed in the table as well (@RCMUSTANG) but includes no description.

omniphil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I enabled to Traffic sign recognition as per the instructions on my 2021 XLT. It Didn't seem to read any signs, but I know some others were wondering what the 2 different traffic sign boxes were for and I figured it out...

The box on the right is supposed to show you the signs read by the camera (Which doesn't seem to work for me) The box on the left shows you the speed limit from Google maps (If connected). If I have android auto running it passes that speed limit info right into the cluster. Not sure if this will do the same for Apple Carplay or not....

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The box on the right is supposed to show you the signs read by the camera (Which doesn't seem to work for me) The box on the left shows you the speed limit from Google maps (If connected). If I have android auto running it passes that speed limit info right into the cluster. Not sure if this will do the same for Apple Carplay or not....
So you are getting speed limits from Google Maps? My 2019 does not do this. I run Google Maps when I'm on a trip and have never had this happen. My speed limit sign recognition work just fine, other than showing in European style round signs. That is a 2019 thing that appears to have been corrected in 2020. I was lead to believe the left spot was for the European version of our no passing signs. Seems kind of useless to have two speed signs up in front of you.

omniphil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
So you are getting speed limits from Google Maps? My 2019 does not do this. I run Google Maps when I'm on a trip and have never had this happen. My speed limit sign recognition work just fine, other than showing in European style round signs. That is a 2019 thing that appears to have been corrected in 2020. I was lead to believe the left spot was for the European version of our no passing signs. Seems kind of useless to have two speed signs up in front of you.
Strange, mine is a 2021 and I have just the opposite. Google Maps when running populates the left box. the right box never seems to read any sign... (or at least it hasn't yet....)

I changed the stuff from this post... https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/page-31#post-143642

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Suspect the European vs US signs is a module firmware thing between MY2019 and MY2020. You made the same changes I did in Forscan.
Yeah I started trying to sort thru the differences in Forscan between the 2 years to see if there is a setting that can be chnaged. But it fell off my list.

omniphil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Strange, mine is a 2021 and I have just the opposite. Google Maps when running populates the left box. the right box never seems to read any sign... (or at least it hasn't yet....)

I changed the stuff from this post... https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/page-31#post-143642

So looks like I was wrong. I did some more testing without my phone connected and I indeed have the limit icon on the left box in the dash. Seems the cameras are doing their thing...

Cool....
Sponsored