First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
How often do you actually turn on the fog lights?
Actually I run mine all the time also. I have my fogs set to be my DRLs, so they are always on instead of my low beams. Also have switch backs in my turn signals and have my parking lights on with the DRLs. Added benefit of having taillights with DRLs and markers when I tow my TT.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
So, for anyone on the fence about FORscan, I can attest to how simple it is! I'm quite comfortable to making programming changes in modules, I've done it for years in automotive, Heavy Equipment, Semi's, Quads and sleds.
I received my OBDII adaptor from Amazon and then downloaded FORscan and paid for a 1 year license. ( the developers should be paid for their time)
Hooked up to my Ranger and it was very simple to make changes. The latest version of FORscan makes it simpler as the PID descriptions are listed, you then toggle the option you want to change. No worries about inputting a wrong character or changing the wrong one!
Changes I made:
Double Honk when leaving truck = DISABLED.
Panic Button on key fob = set to 2 quick presses to activate.
( I've had this go off a few times on me )
Bambi Mode = Turned ON.
(I live rural, having fog lamps to light up ditch is important)
Secured Idle = turned ON.
Cornering Lamps = turned ON.
(this turns on either fog lamp when signaling, lights up your turn direction)
This all took me less than 30 minutes.

When I asked dealer to make changes, they quoted me 1 hour at their "Electronic Rate" $171.00/hr Cdn

Adaptor & License = less than $100.00 Cdn.
ROI= Personal Customization that can't be beat !
Sorry for replying after so long, but just got through 29 pages :)

I played with forscan today on a 2020 lariat, build date 10/20. The secure idle was already ON for me. Curious if that was a change from earlier builds?

I turned off fake engine noise, enabled noise canceling (why was it not enabled by default) and a few other changes like cornering lights and bambi mode.

Very easy and nice to have options. If you're on the fence, jump in, the water is fine.

Last edited:

adv_ranger

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Student
Let’s post here useful FORScan modifications for the 2019+ Ranger

In case you forget what the original setting was... Lookup Module Build Data (As-built) by VIN: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

As of 5/11/2019 Much of this (not all) is built into FORScan as "Service Procedures". You should no longer have to manually edit the as-built data as there should be easy to use menu options available.

OBDII ADAPTER:
This is recommended as it was developed with the team at FORScan. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ -- (RCMUSTANG)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083FML519/ -- (Gizmokid2005)

Note that in the table below, the "Setting" is the name of the GUI option in FORScan in the appropriate module location. You do not need to use the AS-BUILT data (nor modify it) if you use the GUI settings instead. They all exist unless otherwise noted.

SettingDescriptionModuleAS-BUILT CodeCredit
AM FM MenuDiables AM/FM Menu in Entertainment Screen (Lariat Only)IPCRCMUSTANG
Auto Relock Time DurationEnables 30 or 45 second auto relock if doors unlocked with keyfob but are not opened. Works with double-honk disabledBdyCM (BCM)Porpoise Hork (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Average Speed DisplayDisplay average speedIPCRCMUSTANG
Average Speed RPMDisplay average RPMIPCRCMUSTANG
BMS / Auto Stop Start SystemDisables the Auto- Start/Stop system
NOTE: The button and dash indicators still function but do not do anything.
BdyCM (BCM)726-48-02 (x#xx xxxx xxxx)
0 - Off (Permanently)
1 - On (Default)
Gizmokid2005 / Akshon (AS-BUILT)
Chimes - [Driver/Passenger] Belt MinderDisables seat belt reminder charms (Two settings in non-AS-BUILT)IPC720-01-01 (xxxx xx#x xxxx)
0 - Both
2 - Driver
4 - Passenger
Chimes - Vehicle Running Door OpenDisables chime when door opens with engine runningIPCRCMUSTANG
Chimes - Primary SourceSelects the primary source for chimes. Defaults to speakers.IPC720-01-01 (xxxx xxx# xxxx)
0 - Internal Speaker Only
2 - Forwarded to ACM/Vehicle Speakers (Default)

NOTE: IPC Only will NOT have automatic audio mute feature for chimes/warnings (Depending on firmware version)
RCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Climate MenuClimate View on Lariat right side instrument screen (Cannot change climate, only for view.)IPC720-05-01 (D8B8 xxxx xxxx)John Galt
Corner Light Mode for Fog LightsTriggers fog light based on steering input (left vs right illuminated)BdyCM (BCM)Gfitzge2
Dark CarPolice option (Enable in conjunction with Silent Mode Control Menu)BdyCM (BCM)726-32-01 (xxxx x#xx xxxx)
0 - Disabled (default)
1 - Enabled

NOTE:
IPC:
720-04-01 (xxx# xxxx xxxx)
0/1 - add 4 to the value as shown below:
4 - Disabled (default)
5 - Enabled
RCMUSTANG
Daytime Running Lights Includes ParklampsEnables parking lights when DRLs are on (useful for raptor style lights in grille)BdyCM (BCM)Gfitzge2
Disable Front Turn Signal Hyperblink (No GUI setting as of 2.3.37)Disables the hyperblink indicator when a bulb is out or LEDs (without resistors) are used in front turn signalsBdyCM (BCM)726-27-01 (x0xx xxxx xxxx)j0shm1lls
Disable Rear Turn Signal Hyberblink (XL Trim) (No GUI setting as of 2.3.37)Disables the hyperblink indicator when a bulb is out or LEDs (without resistors) are used in rear turn signals on XL models onlyBdyCM (BCM)726-28-01 (x0xx xxxx xxxx)j0shm1lls (unverified)
Disable Startup Chimes (3x doo-doo-doo)IPC720-01-02 (xxxx x2xx)RCMUSTANG
Double Honk on Leaving CabineDisables the double-honk when closing door with key in.BdyCM (BCM)726-41-02 (xxx0 xxxx xxxx)Gizmokid2005 / j0shm1lls (AS-BUILT)
DTE Calculation option in Productivity ScreenIPCArron
Fog lights if High Beam is on (AKA - Bambi Mode)Allows the fog lamps to stay on when the high-beams are used.BdyCM (BCM)726-27-01 (xxxx xxx0 xxxx)Gizmokid2005 / RCMUSTANG (AS-BUILT)
Front Bulb Turn OutageBdyCM (BCM)RCMUSTANG
Frost Telltale (Below 5°C)IPCArron
Fuel Consumed Per Hour DisplayShow fuel consumed per hour instead of instant MPGIPCRCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Instant Fuel Economy DisplayChanges instant MPG display between bar and numeric displayIPCArron
Intelligent 4WD Gauge(Partially works (shows trail mode option selected) but does not show individual wheel response) (enable in conjunction with Intelligent 4WD Gauge Mode Feature)IPCArron
Intelligent 4WD Gauge Mode Feature(Partially works (shows trail mode option selected) but does not show individual wheel response) (enable in conjunction with Intelligen 4WD Gauge)IPCArron
Low Beam OutageBdyCM (BCM)RCMUSTANG
Navigation in MotionSpeed limit signs will look European and FM radio stations will be 2 decimals (101.70 vs 101.7). 911 Assist will be disabledAPIM7D0-02-01 (5753 xxxx xxxx)John Galt
Off Road GaugeEnables Off-road gauges (enable in conjunction with Off-road Screen)IPCGizmokid2005
Off-road ScreenEnables off-road gauges (enable in conjunction with Off Road Gauge)IPC720-07-02 (x3xx xxxx xxxx)Gizmokid2005 / WhiteLightning19 (AS-BUILT)
Panic ActivateChanges behavior of Panic Button behavior on KeyFOBBdyCM (BCM)726-37-01 (xxxx xxx# xxxx)
0 - Panic on FOB Disabled
1 - Panic on FOB requires 2 presses
2 - Panic on FOB Enabled (Default)
Gizmokid2005 / AS-BUILT info uncredited
Park Aid Control FrontIPCRCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Park Aid Control RearIPCRCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Power Point Timeout, sThe timeout period for the power point in secondsBdyCM (BCM)726-39-01 (0001 0101 006A) - For 1 second timeoutRCMUSTANG / John Galt (AS-BUILT)
Radio Without Ignition SwitchAllows radio use without the ignition (Enabled by default)APIMRCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Radio Without Ignition Switch play timeTime (in minutes) to allow the radio to run without shutting down or ignition on. (20, 30, 40, and 60 minute options)APIMRCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Rear Bulb/LED Turn Outage(Bulb or LED option depending on model)BdyCM (BCM)RCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Secure IdleTo idle the car with the key not in vehicle, cannot shift from park)BdyCM (BCM)726-42-01 (x1xx xxxx xxxx)John Galt
Selectable Drive ModeEnables the Terrain Management selectable drive modes (requires TM enabled 4x4 control knob)IPCGizmokid2005
Silent Mode Control MenuIPCArron
Software Engine Sound EnhancementDisables the "piped in" sound through the speakersACMGizmokid2005
Splash ScreenSync 3 Boot/splash screenAPIM7D0-02-01 (xxxx x#xx xxxx)
3 - Lincoln Black Label
5 - Raptor
6 - Mustang
9 - GT350
B - ST M
C - RS M
D - GT Car M
NOTE: There are others in the spreadsheet linked but I did not try them.
John Galt
Steering Wheel Switch PacksSCCMLeft Switch:
724-02-01 xx#x.xxxx.xxxx
1 - Standard Cruise
2 - ACC

Right Switch:
724-02-01 xxx#.xxx.xxxx
0 - Lariat Media
1 - Standard Audio
SOHK_Alumni
TPMS Placard Pressure DisplayDisplays the factory placard tire pressure in the Tire pressure display.IPC720-04-01 (xx#x xxxx xxxx)
0 - Disabled (default)
8 - Enabled (show placard value)
Gizmokid2005 / Akshon (AS-BUILT)
Trailer Tow LIghts OutageBdyCM (BCM)RCMUSTANG
Variable Line Level AudioEnables variable line level audio output on the non-B&) radioACM727-01-01 (xx50 xxxx xxxx)Ed Venture
Vehicle Cluster ImagesChanges vehicle image between Truck and SUV (Utility / SUV)IPCRCMUSTANG (Upd: Gizmokid2005)
Welcome Goodbye BacklightingNo Blue Sky Background on IPC when getting into vehicleIPC726-03-02 (xxx4 xxxx)RCMUSTANG

Andy & WLFPIR8 (For the write up)
Enable Speed Limit Sign Display (Read by camera) in Lariat.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/post-143642

This is a link to the F150 Excel spreadsheet with all of their mods, its very thorough and technical, I have tried some not all obviously. Proceed with caution if venturing into the unknown. -- (John Galt)

NOTE: FOR INTERNATIONAL RANGER OWNERS. There are many differences with those models and what works with the North American version. This website can answer or has done many of the requests I've seen asked here. They are based on international Rangers. https://www.saeb.net/index.php
How does one change things in ForScan? I'm confused as to what I need to change exactly. How do I know what change? I see a code but not sure if that's what I'm supposed to enter or if I just modify one thing within that.

Things I want to change on the ranger:
--> Any and all dings related to car door, seatbelt, lights being switched on, ingnition on, keys in etc.
--> I want to change the splash screen, preferably to say "raptor"
--> adjust to my new tire size of 285/70/17 (BFG KO2) so my truck will read correct MPGs and Mileage.
--> Anything else fun and cool that you guys can think of!

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
How does one change things in ForScan? I'm confused as to what I need to change exactly. How do I know what change? I see a code but not sure if that's what I'm supposed to enter or if I just modify one thing within that.

Things I want to change on the ranger:
--> Any and all dings related to car door, seatbelt, lights being switched on, ingnition on, keys in etc.
--> I want to change the splash screen, preferably to say "raptor"
--> adjust to my new tire size of 285/70/17 (BFG KO2) so my truck will read correct MPGs and Mileage.
--> Anything else fun and cool that you guys can think of!
Start here. Watch the video it will help you get started. Post #1 in this thread has a pretty good list of changes that can be made.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/page-9#post-107109

Last edited:

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Was able to make a few changes on my truck. Thanks all that have put so much work into the information. It was very helpful.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
I have the Ford Performance tune installed. It looks like I need to revert back to stock tune to get forscan to ID the truck and continue coding, then go back to the performance tune afterwards. Is that what other users are doing?

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I have the Ford Performance tune installed. It looks like I need to revert back to stock tune to get forscan to ID the truck and continue coding, then go back to the performance tune afterwards. Is that what other users are doing?
I don't think I had to do that. But it has been a while so I could be wrong. I am currently running the Ford tune and FORScan works fine. Even when I don't load the previous profile and force it to create a new one it works as it should.
I did end up having to buy the OBDII cable that is recommended though. The first (cheap) one I bought would not work properly.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I don't think I had to do that. But it has been a while so I could be wrong. I am currently running the Ford tune and FORScan works fine. Even when I don't load the previous profile and force it to create a new one it works as it should.
I did end up having to buy the OBDII cable that is recommended though. The first (cheap) one I bought would not work properly.
I have had to remove the tune in order to do some things within Forscan, especially if I have messed something up. Interestingly, the shift points seem to settle down faster each time (but I don't drive the truck without the tune - just remove, clear up whatever I bungled, and then reinstall). YMMV.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Has anyone attempted to enabled the digital engine temp and trans temp displays on an XLT cluster using the settings listed for the F-150?

1625944090646.png

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone attempted to enabled the digital engine temp and trans temp displays on an XLT cluster using the settings listed for the F-150?

1625944090646.png
The trans temp is confirmed to not work, pretty sure the engine temp was confirmed also non functional.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Anyone know if the F150 settings for key fob global windows works on a Ranger?

19648E29-24EB-4C51-841D-3AD65285387E.jpeg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Sorry for replying after so long, but just got through 29 pages :)

I played with forscan today on a 2020 lariat, build date 10/20. The secure idle was already ON for me. Curious if that was a change from earlier builds?

I turned off fake engine noise, enabled noise canceling (why was it not enabled by default) and a few other changes like cornering lights and bambi mode.

Very easy and nice to have options. If you're on the fence, jump in, the water is fine.
My '20 Lariat has a 11/19 build date and secure idle was already enabled as was noise canceling. So not sure when or why they changed these around.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all for the helpful info so far! I got FORScan to get rid of the horn double honk but was very pleased to find stuff like the fogs for night turning.

Some issues:
- the splash screen change worked once then reverted itself to Ford from FP that I wanted. Strangely it also made “cd” show up as a source in the radio and xm briefly stopped working.
- ANC and the three microphones were OFF by default on my 3/2019 build Lariat. I turned it on and hope it actually does something.

Has anyone tried the Lincoln Experience on a ranger yet?

Can someone explain secure idle and why want it?
Sponsored