First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Got my Odblinkex today and understand from all the threads here that ignition should be on but not running. Instructions say this:

20221029_182514.jpg
Sponsored

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
It would make my day if there was a way to enable transmission temp monitoring using Forscan.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
It would make my day if there was a way to enable transmission temp monitoring using Forscan.
Keep dreaming. It's not exposed to the dash at all.

You can use Torque and an Android device with a BT OBDII adapter, but nothing in the truck will show it.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Got my Odblinkex today and understand from all the threads here that ignition should be on but not running. Instructions say this:

20221029_182514.jpg
It might be referencing the fuel pump noise that happens when you initially hit the button once, or turn the key to run, but not all the way to start it.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
It might be referencing the fuel pump noise that happens when you initially hit the button once, or turn the key to run, but not all the way to start it.
Figured it was something odd like that since everyone's worked not running. Was able to make some changes with no problem. Great adaptor and easy process.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Note: These are the ForScan Settings (My Findings) for those of you who are Upgrading from Factory Halo's to Factory (LED's) and Possibly (After Market LED)

I purchased a Complete Set of Factory Headlamps / Foglamps from Ford Dealer ($2700.00)
It would have cost me more to walk away from As Ordered truck that I waited 7 months to get than a Dealer Ordered Lariat (That Had Them)
I did not want (Ebay) broken tabs on a Brand New Truck

I have a 2022 Lariat - That was Downgraded to Halogen Headlamp / Foglamp at Factory

The Foglamps are on Back-Order, so those are not installed yet

So, I Corrected Ford's deletion of my LED Headlight Assemblies for a piddly $500 Credit.

Here is My Install Notes and Configuration Settings for ForScan:

1. This is on a 22 Lariat that had the misfortune of getting the LED Head/Fog deleted at factory, so it arrived with Halo's

2. In the Install video posted on here, the guy does a quick shot of the Bumper Skirting (outer bolts)
These are located with the head facing forward - if you look up (just in front of the tires) towards the front bumper (you will see them) - Took me a bit to find them

3. The video is correct; the Fender Skirts and Grille are very much a PITA to get loose without patience and finesse

4. Took about 5 hours to get them installed (not including ForScan & Allignment)

4. Now comes ForScan Settings to Make the Lariat LED's Work Correctly, I did some playing with some settings, due to CONFLICTING info on here, that's why I am bringing this to light on my findings to help others on this (upgrade)

I researched 3 Separate Lariat Trim Models - Using As-Built Data to Compare to My Lariat with Halo's

Here They Are:

My As-Built Data (Related to Headlight/DRL Settings - Lariat with Halo's Installed from Factory

BCM
726-26-02 - 0000-0002-0057
726-45-01 - 0A01-0200-0080
726-50-01 - 0280

Lariat As-Built Compare (From 3 Trucks) (All Match these settings) (With Factory LED's)

BCM
726-26-02 - 0000-0001-0056
726-45-01 - 0A01-1000-008E
726-50-01 - 108E

So, I used the 2 recommended GUI Settings at First and this is what I got

In BCM

Allowed DRL Options to (+ Dedicated DRL)
DRL Configuration to (Dedicated DRL)

DRL - Configuration - Changed To (Dedicated DRL) this automatically changes 2 of the Line Codes in the As-Built File Folder (BCM)

726-26-02 - 0000-0001-0056 (Matches my Lariat compare search-As-Built)
726-50-01 - 108E (Matches my Lariat compare search - As-Built)

Now for Allowed DRL Options in GUI, this GUI only adjusts one As-Built File and that is 726-45-01
I had set it to (+Dedicated DRL) but I double checked the (As Built) file and its Hex-Code Read

726-45-01 - 0A01-1F00-009D

So, the Allowed DRL Options (+Dedicated DRL) setting within the GUI, does not change the As-Built File to the correct Hex-Code according to my 3 Lariat comparison trucks.

So, I played with all of the options in GUI, and this is the outcome of each, I will note the changes
on the second set of numbers:

None: 0100
All Options: 7F00
Low Beam: 0300
Hi-Beam: 3F00
Ft Fog: 0700
Ft Turn: 0F00
Dedicated DRL: 1F00
**Incorect Value or Not Configured - 1000 (see below)

Noted: None of These Options gave me my Original as Built (0200), might be due to that I had the other DRL Configuration set to (Dedicated DRL) IDK

If you change the As Built file manually to the (Lariat Compare -Code)
726-45-01 -to - 0A01-1000-008E then look in the GUI (Easy Way) it's listed in a current status of:
Incorrect Value or Not Configured

I may go back in ForScan and Play with the GUI (Options) for DRL Configuration, and see if I can get the GUI format to read correctly (1000) instead of the Incorrect Value or Not Configured
(It's a Curiosity Thing) and I tend to be thorough and meticulous. I'm new to ForScan and Learning

So, I checked Headlight / DRL Operation with both 726-45-01 (1FOO) & ((1000) Hex-Codes
The Headlight's / DRL's work as they should: using both of these Hex-Codes
I decided to manually change and leave this Line Code at (1000) to match my compare trucks

I do not know what the difference between the (2) are (1F00) & (1000) but they both appear to work.

Any ForScan (Guru's) know the answer?

Operational Check:

1. LED Strip - On and Bright
a. With Headlight switch in Auto (Daylight) - So DRL Mode

2. LED Strip - On and Dim
a. Headlight switch in (Headlight) and (Auto - Nighttime)
b. Headlight Switch in Park Lights
c. Activation of Entry / Exit Lights along with Park Lights, Bed Lights, Puddle Lights, Door Locks Activation Etc.

With all that, I also upgraded the Turn Signals to LED as well, while I had it apart. I used the Oxilam 7440 Yellow LEDs from Amazon that others have used and recommended - Man they are BRIGHT
No - Hyper-Blink (at Turn Signals or Dash Indicators)

Before I started my swap, I set up truck at 25' from Garage Door, placed tape across the Top of the projected light source, this way I had a Ref: Line to Adjust them Too, made it so much easier.

Did some other ForScan Mods plus Map Update today as well, so it's been a long day

Sorry, for the LONG Post, but after spending a couple of hours researching the proper Forscan settings and getting conflicting info, I wanted to help others in clarifying the correct settings for swapping their headlights to LED (Factory)

I'm going to post my findings in the Forscan Wiki as well, as they are hidden all over this Forum.
Is it possible to get a Sticky on these settings

headlights-pic-jpg.jpg

EDIT: To Original Post

In BCM (Module) - Easy Way

I went back in and played with the DRL Configuration in GUI (Easy Way)
I attempted to change each of the selections, and it flagged me - not supported

Those Options Are:

0-Not Defined
2-Lo Beam
4- Fog Lamp
8-Turn Lamp
10-Dedicated DRL (The Only Selection That Worked)
32-High Beam
64-Low Beam and Dedicated

So, I'm leaving it alone and deduced it's a ForScan Programming Glitch. It works and that was the end game wanted outcome
I am wandering that since my Fog's is still Halo's has anything to do with it, though. We shall see after the LED Fog's get installed

Thanks
UPDATE
I figured it out and this ONLY applies to Factory LED or Aftermarkets that have a dedicated DRL and that is all you will be using.

DRL Config (2).png

Set this option to (16) Dedicated DRL - this will automatically set 2-Lines of Hex Code for you.
NOTE: the (16) is a Binary code that is converted to HEX (Inside of the As-Built) Files

Here are the 2-Lines of Codes it sets

BCM

Now set Allowed DRL Options:

Alowed DRL Options.png

NOTE: The Paragraph at the top
If you have only (1) option for DRL, such as Factory LED Headlights, this will show due to the fact that it matches the (16) Binary code you set in DRL Configuration PLUS
This option ONLY modifies (In addition) (Plus) the standard factory DRL.
So, this normal - As I have not added any special (extra) DRL options to the configuration

So, with this selected, here is the last Hex Line of code that is changed (Automatically)

If you do not see this option (highlighted) then go into the As-Built File and manually change it, then when you go back to the (Module) Easy way, this will be shown

I know there have been quite a few posts on this subject and I wanted to pass along my findings
to clear it up
These are the confirmed settings for the Lariat Factory LED Upgrade, now it should also clear it up for those who have installed the (aftermarket) options. With the attached pics, you can see it more clearly and visualize what changes you want to make

Hope this helps

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Forescan blamed for Battery Monitoring System not working correctly.

Long story to be updated...

Went to the dealer about a month ago because I was receiving the 'system shutting down..." message and ASS not working and was hoping they would just replace the battery under warranty. Dealer ran their tests, replaced the battery and ran the tests again and decided it wasn't charging correctly and needed to order a battery monitor sensor. Part came in and took it in today. I get a call that they replaced the module, but it still isn't charging correctly and noticed the Sync screen was changed and asked if I had made changes with forescan. Busted. I said I did and the service rep told me they suspect the changes were affecting the charging and would need the second key to reprogram everything. She told me they couldn't even get the truck to start now. Knowing that my trail management change would likely be noticed, I took the original switch in also and fessed up to that change. I also told them there was a brake controller installed.
The forescan changes I made and forgive me for not knowing the correct terms... cornering lights, Sync splash screen, speed limit detection, frost warning, off-raod gauges, and the changes for the trail management switch. All were done off the menu items, I didn't change any codes. Never changed the battery charging %.

Now I'm waiting to hear back tomorrow on what they found and hopefully they have it running again.

I haven't ran across any other posts that I remember where the dealer is blaming Forescan changes for the battery issues.
Anyone else hear of any?

Update:
Got the Ranger back with almost all the changes in place. I still don't totally understand the problem but from what I can gather, the BMS was replaced and when they reprogramed something, it didn't match up with the changes I made and caused it not to start. They reprogramed the keys I guess, and got it running. All the changes I had were in place except cornering lights. They didn't even change out the TM switch. I was warned that the changes that were made weren't covered under warranty, but they absorbed the additional time.

Very happy with the outcome. I've purchased from this dealership previously and will be returning back there for service or when I'm due for a new vehicle in the next couple years.

Last edited:

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant

Went to the dealer about a month ago because I was receiving the 'system shutting down..." message and ASS not working and was hoping they would just replace the battery under warranty. Dealer ran their tests, replaced the battery and ran the tests again and decided it wasn't charging correctly and needed to order a battery monitor sensor. Part came in and took it in today. I get a call that they replaced the module, but it still isn't charging correctly and noticed the Sync screen was changed and asked if I had made changes with forescan. Busted. I said I did and the service rep told me they suspect the changes were affecting the charging and would need the second key to reprogram everything. She told me they couldn't even get the truck to start now. Knowing that my trail management change would likely be noticed, I took the original switch in also and fessed up to that change. I also told them there was a brake controller installed.
The forescan changes I made and forgive me for not knowing the correct terms... cornering lights, Sync splash screen, speed limit detection, frost warning, off-raod gauges, and the changes for the trail management switch. All were done off the menu items, I didn't change any codes. Never changed the battery charging %.

Now I'm waiting to hear back tomorrow on what they found and hopefully they have it running again.

I haven't ran across any other posts that I remember where the dealer is blaming Forescan changes for the battery issues.
Anyone else hear of any?

Update:
Got the Ranger back with almost all the changes in place. I still don't totally understand the problem but from what I can gather, the BMS was replaced and when they reprogramed something, it didn't match up with the changes I made and caused it not to start. They reprogramed the keys I guess, and got it running. All the changes I had were in place except cornering lights. They didn't even change out the TM switch. I was warned that the changes that were made weren't covered under warranty, but they absorbed the additional time.

Very happy with the outcome. I've purchased from this dealership previously and will be returning back there for service or when I'm due for a new vehicle in the next couple years.
I've had trouble with my truck always saying "Veh. Charging" as well. I recently replaced my battery and reset the BMS. It was fine for a couple of days, but then immediately went back to doing the same thing. I've only made a few minor alterations with Forscan. I wonder if I should try loading my AsBuilt file and resetting everything.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Anyone else hear of any?

Update:

I had mine towed in for dead battery. I had made several Forscan changes. Including disabling ASS, splash screen, changing DRL settings,etc. Dealer made no comments about changes. Tested battery found bad and replaced. No charge.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I had mine towed in for dead battery. I had made several Forscan changes. Including disabling ASS, splash screen, changing DRL settings,etc. Dealer made no comments about changes. Tested battery found bad and replaced. No charge.
I think it was the replacement of the BMS that was the issue with my forescan changes.
As the video here says, there is a microprocessor in it and probably needs updated in one of the main systems.

I've had trouble with my truck always saying "Veh. Charging" as well. I recently replaced my battery and reset the BMS. It was fine for a couple of days, but then immediately went back to doing the same thing. I've only made a few minor alterations with Forscan. I wonder if I should try loading my AsBuilt file and resetting everything.
Probably wouldn't hurt. Especially if you take it to the dealer to have the bms checked out.
Not sure if you saw the new post with the video of the bms system.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
I finally got around to playing with FORScan, had to get the free extended licence first. I am using the ODBLink EX cable and it worked flawlessly.

1. Set SOC to 85%, was 75% as built ( I see people report theirs at 70%, maybe Ford adjusted for 2021)
2. Turned off the fake engine sound
3. Turned on Bambi mode
4. Changed to double press for the panic button. On my Oregon to Ohio trip this summer, I slept in the car at rest stops and managed to set off the panic alarm at 3 am in a packed rest stop. It took me several seconds to realize what was happening and get it to stop, very embarrassing!
5. Turned off the start/stop, but then turned it back on the next day after I realized it might disable the whole battery management system which I want to keep. Back to pressing the button.

After that, I decided to update my Sync to 3.4.22200 and maps to 2.21. Then I updated the firmware in my Viofo A1119 V3 dash cam lol, I was on a roll!

Langsy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tremor Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Warehouse Supervisor
Has anyone figured out how or if we can change how many blinks for the turning signal if just touched, default is 3 would like to change it to 5 like I did on my F150

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Has anyone figured out how or if we can change how many blinks for the turning signal if just touched, default is 3 would like to change it to 5 like I did on my F150
I do remember reading somewhere that you can change as built code. Not sure if it was ever confirmed maybe search Forscan forums I think I read it there.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
UPDATE
I figured it out and this ONLY applies to Factory LED or Aftermarkets that have a dedicated DRL and that is all you will be using.

DRL Config (2).png

Set this option to (16) Dedicated DRL - this will automatically set 2-Lines of Hex Code for you.
NOTE: the (16) is a Binary code that is converted to HEX (Inside of the As-Built) Files

Here are the 2-Lines of Codes it sets

BCM

Now set Allowed DRL Options:

Alowed DRL Options.png

NOTE: The Paragraph at the top
If you have only (1) option for DRL, such as Factory LED Headlights, this will show due to the fact that it matches the (16) Binary code you set in DRL Configuration PLUS
This option ONLY modifies (In addition) (Plus) the standard factory DRL.
So, this normal - As I have not added any special (extra) DRL options to the configuration

So, with this selected, here is the last Hex Line of code that is changed (Automatically)

If you do not see this option (highlighted) then go into the As-Built File and manually change it, then when you go back to the (Module) Easy way, this will be shown

I know there have been quite a few posts on this subject and I wanted to pass along my findings
to clear it up
These are the confirmed settings for the Lariat Factory LED Upgrade, now it should also clear it up for those who have installed the (aftermarket) options. With the attached pics, you can see it more clearly and visualize what changes you want to make

Hope this helps
DRL wiring is absent on non lariat rangers from my understanding - the set I bought instructed tapping a fuse at the box to get DRL working (believe harness lacks pin that lariat has). Going to be peeved if it just needed a seeing adjusted.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
This has been covered a few times, none of the potential adjustments that exist work in our NA rangers.
Sponsored