Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.notion.so
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4 xlt, 1988 ford ranger 4x4 xlt
Hello,

I just started messing with forscan and want to enable dark mode. I’m sick of the truck lighting up like crazy whenever I open a door and that it takes ages for the headlights and tail lights to turn off when I turn off the truck. In forscan I enabled “silent mode control menu” and “dark car”. Neither seem to have made much impact. I also see an option called, “silent mode police telltale” but cannot find anything about it online related to rangers. Am I misunderstanding what these settings do, or am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
I believe if you enabled both silent mode control mode (IPC) and dark car (BdyCM (Bcm)in forscan you have to go into the menu by the Speedo (controlled by the steering wheel buttons) and scroll down select SETTINGS then find and select VEHICLE scroll down again and find silent mode and select that (check mark means enabled). Enable and disable from here. I think anyways.

OP
OP
Stephen Abbene

Stephen Abbene

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.notion.so
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4 xlt, 1988 ford ranger 4x4 xlt
Thank you that did the trick!

I believe if you enabled both silent mode control mode (IPC) and dark car (BdyCM (Bcm)in forscan you have to go into the menu by the Speedo (controlled by the steering wheel buttons) and scroll down select SETTINGS then find and select VEHICLE scroll down again and find silent mode and select that (check mark means enabled). Enable and disable from here. I think anyways.
Sponsored