FORSCAN

Madcow

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ranger XLT, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
So the new 22 Tremor arrived and I wanted to make some changes. A few items I looked at were already the way I wanted, so that was a surprise. For example, the fake engine noise was disabled by default.

ANC was disabled, though, and I wanted to see if this made a difference in the cab. I enabled ANC, but now the "doo doo doo" chime comes out of the instrument cluster rather than the audio speakers. I changed this back, but the chime still comes through the cluster. I didn't think the auto noise cancel had anything to do with the chimes... I'm confused now.

Before doing any of this, I loaded the AS BUILT data and saved it on my local drive. After the chime change I went to restore it, but it said no changes were made (basically no difference between the saved file on computer and the AS BUILT in forscan). How do I get the chimes to go back through audio system?

Did I break it?

I thought I was being good and backed things up, making one change at a time, etc, but the most dangerous actions come from when you think you know what you're doing, but really don't!

On another note, when looking at the IPC Module Config AS BUILT format, there are only 22 lines that can be changed (with hex). But looking at the regular IPC Module config there's a TON of items to choose from. I thought these two menus matched, i.e. making a change to the Mod config does the hex changes for you so you don't have to get into the code. Does this just mean there are more options in a module than are able to be modified with hex?

Anyway, I thought I looked before I leaped...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
JJ
Sponsored

Last edited:

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you changed the value but failed to click the "Write" tab when you tried to change it back to the factory setting .

OP
OP
Madcow

Madcow

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you changed the value but failed to click the "Write" tab when you tried to change it back to the factory setting .
Thanks. I'll check it again.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
So the new 22 Tremor arrived and I wanted to make some changes. A few items I looked at were already the way I wanted, so that was a surprise. For example, the fake engine noise was disabled by default.

ANC was disabled, though, and I wanted to see if this made a difference in the cab. I enabled ANC, but now the "doo doo doo" chime comes out of the instrument cluster rather than the audio speakers. I changed this back, but the chime still comes through the cluster. I didn't think the auto noise cancel had anything to do with the chimes... I'm confused now.

Before doing any of this, I loaded the AS BUILT data and saved it on my local drive. After the chime change I went to restore it, but it said no changes were made (basically no difference between the saved file on computer and the AS BUILT in forscan). How do I get the chimes to go back through audio system?

Did I break it?

I thought I was being good and backed things up, making one change at a time, etc, but the most dangerous actions come from when you think you know what you're doing, but really don't!

On another note, when looking at the IPC Module Config AS BUILT format, there are only 22 lines that can be changed (with hex). But looking at the regular IPC Module config there's a TON of items to choose from. I thought these two menus matched, i.e. making a change to the Mod config does the hex changes for you so you don't have to get into the code. Does this just mean there are more options in a module than are able to be modified with hex?

Anyway, I thought I looked before I leaped...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
JJ
When looking at the module AS BUILT and the module Configuration, there will always be more selections in the Configuration than lines in the AS BUILT. This is because each of the lines of HEX code controls more than one option. It is actually quite a complicated system. That is why the programers of Forscan developed the Configuration menus to simplify making changes.

OP
OP
Madcow

Madcow

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When looking at the module AS BUILT and the module Configuration, there will always be more selections in the Configuration than lines in the AS BUILT. This is because each of the lines of HEX code controls more than one option. It is actually quite a complicated system. That is why the programers of Forscan developed the Configuration menus to simplify making changes.
Thank you! That makes sense.

I've been reading other forums and it seems that the chimes going through the cluster can also happen intermittently, sometimes depending on battery level. I'll go in and take another look. Maybe it was coincidence that it happened when I made the changes.

Thanks Big Blue!!
Sponsored