Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
So...I changed my instrument cluster today. I did the as-built file creation through FORScan and when I go to load the as-built file from the old cluster for the new one I get an error message at 36% and says it was interuppted/stopped. Also, tried changing the mileage with the odometer write feature and the same issue. Can someone please help???

Thanks
E
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What is the error message?

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not an error message. It won't write anything. When it gets to a percentage (on the odometer write it got to 2%) and says service interrupted (or something like that...all I know is that it stops). Thanks for any help

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Make sure you don't touch anything while its writing. Hell I don't even breathe ?

Another thing is forscan is sensitive to battery voltage, so make sure doors are shut, radio off, hvac off, headlights off. Ive had to hook up a battery charger sometimes while using forscan, not often though.

Ive had writes and module connections fail a few times then they would all of a sudden work.

Are you replacing the cluster? Upgrading? or?

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you don't touch anything while its writing. Hell I don't even breathe ?

Another thing is forscan is sensitive to battery voltage, so make sure doors are shut, radio off, hvac off, headlights off. Ive had to hook up a battery charger sometimes while using forscan, not often though.

Ive had writes and module connections fail a few times then they would all of a sudden work.

Are you replacing the cluster? Upgrading? or?
Ok. I'll try all that stuff. Not to breath or anything....lol. I'm upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat one.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ok. I'll try all that stuff. Not to breath or anything....lol. I'm upgrading from the XLT to the Lariat one.
Was re-reading your first post.
Are you putting your XLT IPC asbuilt in for the Lariat IPC as-built? Your old IPC as-built most likely won't be the same as the lariat cluster IPC data. At least slightly different anyways. You might have to get IPC as-built data from a lariat model.
That is a guess, I have never done the swap though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Aaannndd... I can't even do any changes...like get the off road screen. Same thing when I tell it to write...it gets to a certain percentage and then says service interrupted

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...so..hmm...well it seems I'm an idiot. I didn't have the key turned into the "on" position. Leave it me to f**k it up. I got it to write the odometer where i needed it to be. Going to tinker around with it later now that my panic has subsided. Thanks

mk842766

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 2019 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Aaannndd... I can't even do any changes...like get the off road screen. Same thing when I tell it to write...it gets to a certain percentage and then says service interrupted
Does your ODx have a switch...sometimes you have to change the switch to be in HS or MS mode to get it to write correctly....

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hang in there you will get it. Worst thing about forscan is changing something, then trying to change back and not remembering what is was or saving it. Theres a tool online to find it though.

Im sure its possible to brick a module it but thats very rare, and that module was probly doomed to fail eventually anyway. IMO. So I wouldnt worry too much.

OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Ranger Danger01

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hang in there you will get it. Worst thing about forscan is changing something, then trying to change back and not remembering what is was or saving it. Theres a tool online to find it though.

Im sure its possible to brick a module it but thats very rare, and that module was probly doomed to fail eventually anyway. IMO. So I wouldnt worry too much.
Yeah...I'm not too worried. There is a way to use your VIN to get that as built for your vehicle. I'm more worried/scared of my wife and how mad she will be...lol. I can hear it now..."What do you mean..Uh Oh???"

Allen_rubin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Yeah...I'm not too worried. There is a way to use your VIN to get that as built for your vehicle. I'm more worried/scared of my wife and how mad she will be...lol. I can hear it now..."What do you mean..Uh Oh???"
Old thread, but I just did the install and swap as well, same issue on mine when trying to write miles is cancels at 2%... battery was reading .4 less then it should, so maybe I gotta have it full charged. Swapped the steering switch to lariat as well to try and coordinate with the speedo, now trying to get the as built for a lariat SCCM to see what differs from theirs to mine. Ima order that OBD you got too, mine is the older one that has a switch lol

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I thought the OD was locked, where you cannot make changes to it. I know when the dealership replaced my cluster they kept the vehicle for 3 days trying to reset the OD. They had to call someone in Ford to figure it out. I believe the safety features are in place so you cant roll back the mileage upon sailing the unit. Ofcourse I could certainly be wrong.
Sponsored