First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
That's not strictly true, they're still supported, you just need to make sure to not buy a "clone" ELM device, which can be hard to find. right on their supported adapters list:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083FML519/
Actually, what I wrote is strictly true. They even say it in the part of their webpage that you quoted, as highlighted below. I stand by what I wrote. I'll bet the cable being used is not compatible with some functions of FORscan. And, the developers no longer RECOMMEND ANY ELM327 cables.

Strictly True.jpg
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat ranger 4x4
Ok. Finally got to try again. Made a new profile. Still not able to access the ipc. Guess I'll order a new adapter listed above and try again.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
DOes anyone know of a way to keep the foglights on at all times? 2021 XLT. When I change the DRL option to fog lights instead of low beams, it says the changes can not be made.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
DOes anyone know of a way to keep the foglights on at all times? 2021 XLT. When I change the DRL option to fog lights instead of low beams, it says the changes can not be made.
Its a thing called Bambi Mode that you are looking for, it will use them with High Beams. As for DRL's I cant say

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Its a thing called Bambi Mode that you are looking for, it will use them with High Beams. As for DRL's I cant say
YEah, I have bambi mode enabled, but more so just looking to use them as DRLs as I have some bright amber LEDs in there that are perfect as DRLs, and I hate having to switch them on/off all the time since they don't turn off when the key is off...

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
YEah, I have bambi mode enabled, but more so just looking to use them as DRLs as I have some bright amber LEDs in there that are perfect as DRLs, and I hate having to switch them on/off all the time since they don't turn off when the key is off...
It sounds like however you wired the amber LEDS in them was wired hot instead of to an ignition sourced power trigger. Fog lights will not stay on through the factory harness when the key is off.

There's no way, currently, to set fog lights as your DRLs AFAIK.

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
You also need to change the "Allowed DRL Options" setting to"All Options". That's how I run mine. I also have the "Daytime Running Lights Includes Parklamps" set to "Enabled".

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
You also need to change the "Allowed DRL Options" setting to"All Options". That's how I run mine. I also have the "Daytime Running Lights Includes Parklamps" set to "Enabled".
Hm got it setup that way now, do they only come on when in Drive? Maybe that's why I'm not noticing it, gotta go drive in front of something reflective

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hm got it setup that way now, do they only come on when in Drive? Maybe that's why I'm not noticing it, gotta go drive in front of something reflective
Yes only when not in park and with the switch set to auto.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst

SideWinder4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
I have a Ranger Lariat and would like to turn on the dedicated DRL LED strip in the headlights no matter what position the headlight knob is in when the truck is not in park…but still have the option to turn them off/on via the cluster menu. Does anyone know if it’s possible to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Cannot access ipc. So you know I have made a new profile, I do have the recommended obdlinkex and still cannot find the ipc. I have also updated forscan to the latest version. Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to turn off the annoying chimes.
Btw it's a 22 ranger xlt

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a Ranger Lariat and would like to turn on the dedicated DRL LED strip in the headlights no matter what position the headlight knob is in when the truck is not in park…but still have the option to turn them off/on via the cluster menu. Does anyone know if it’s possible to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Nope US spec Rangers only have the DRLs with the switch in AUTO and not in park. No way to change that. Canadian spec by law have to DRLs on anytime the truck is running. Must have a different firmware in the BCM. I believe an other member was moving to Canada was also asking about this to get his trick registered in Canada.

SideWinder4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Nope US spec Rangers only have the DRLs with the switch in AUTO and not in park. No way to change that. Canadian spec by law have to DRLs on anytime the truck is running. Must have a different firmware in the BCM. I believe an other member was moving to Canada was also asking about this to get his trick registered in Canada.
Big Blue...Thanks for the information! I just needed verification I wasn't missing something or misunderstanding the options in FORscan.

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
Okay, I am now able to access the IPC on my 22xlt, I have tried to shut off all the start up chimes but have had no success. Forscan shows the Chimes to be off yet they are still working. Any suggestions?
Sponsored