FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
DRL wiring is absent on non lariat rangers from my understanding - the set I bought instructed tapping a fuse at the box to get DRL working (believe harness lacks pin that lariat has). Going to be peeved if it just needed a seeing adjusted.
I have Lariat, but it was my understanding the wiring harness itself to the headlamp assembly is the same for all Rangers. I had factory halo's installed at delivery, thanks to Ford deleting the LED's
Wiring harness to headlamp was the same, somewhere on this forum show the plug and pins difference. (On the headlamp assy itself) (Not the Harness)

Now internally withing the headlight assembly the wiring is different, moves the DRL from Lo Beam to the LED Strip, this is why ForScan is needed, to configure the BCM to send the power feed changes to the different power (pins) internally of the headlamp assembly
One main difference in the pins (internally) is that you no longer have (amber DRL/Park/Turn) you only have amber (Turn) and the DRL is moved from Lo-Beam and Park to the LED Strip)
All of this is internal (within) the headlamp assy, nothing to do with harness
Now this is true for the Factory Lariat Headlamp swap from Factory Halogens

Not sure what the 2 Aftermarket Options have as far as pinouts, I believe the issue with these was having to do with (DRL/Park/Turn) and using switchbacks

See attached LH Headlamp Connector, this connector shows in the wiring diagrams for all rangers, not specific to Lariats
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
I have Lariat, but it was my understanding the wiring harness itself to the headlamp assembly is the same for all Rangers. I had factory halo's installed at delivery, thanks to Ford deleting the LED's
Wiring harness to headlamp was the same, somewhere on this forum show the plug and pins difference. (On the headlamp assy itself) (Not the Harness)

Now internally withing the headlight assembly the wiring is different, moves the DRL from Lo Beam to the LED Strip, this is why ForScan is needed, to configure the BCM to send the power feed changes to the different power (pins) internally of the headlamp assembly
One main difference in the pins (internally) is that you no longer have (amber DRL/Park/Turn) you only have amber (Turn) and the DRL is moved from Lo-Beam and Park to the LED Strip)
All of this is internal (within) the headlamp assy, nothing to do with harness
Now this is true for the Factory Lariat Headlamp swap from Factory Halogens

Not sure what the 2 Aftermarket Options have as far as pinouts, I believe the issue with these was having to do with (DRL/Park/Turn) and using switchbacks

See attached LH Headlamp Connector, this connector shows in the wiring diagrams for all rangers, not specific to Lariats
I guess I could test - just need to make those above changes and try the built in harness. Glad I hacked my fuse box hah.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
There's a video in this thread, and the description references Forscan; does anyone know if it really is Forscan what the tech is using?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...nd-how-to-properly-charge-your-battery.22516/

thanks
I think he is using Ford's IDS (Intergrated Diagnostic Software)
I have only used ForScan for my mods, so I don't know if ForScan can view live data or not, if it can you can see same data he is viewing

I have an Autel Scanner that can show the exact data he has on the screen, what he has done is brought up Live Data and selected these PIDs (custom) screen to clear out clutter, plus when in custom screen you get a faster refresh rate (most accurate - live data)

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I think he is using Ford's IDS (Intergrated Diagnostic Software)
I have only used ForScan for my mods, so I don't know if ForScan can view live data or not, if it can you can see same data he is viewing

I have an Autel Scanner that can show the exact data he has on the screen, what he has done is brought up Live Data and selected these PIDs (custom) screen to clear out clutter, plus when in custom screen you get a faster refresh rate (most accurate - live data)
@p3zz - I looked recently in FORScan, and you can see live data, but the data points he's looking at are not available currently for viewing. I went and checked not long after I saw this video.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I experienced the same, not totally sure what the ipc does, it did disable the indicator at first, but then when I did the bcm disable the indicator came back.
I'm not sure if I only did it in the BCM or not.

But I can tell you that in my truck the "no ASS" indicator still works as normal.

For example if the truck is actively charging it displays "no ASS."

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
I'm not sure if I only did it in the BCM or not.

But I can tell you that in my truck the "no ASS" indicator still works as normal.

For example if the truck is actively charging it displays "no ASS."
Yes mine is the same, it's like being disabled is added to the list of reasons it doesn't activate. Every stop I get the no ass indicator.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Yes mine is the same, it's like being disabled is added to the list of reasons it doesn't activate. Every stop I get the no ass indicator.
Odd.

When it displays have you checked the economy screen to see if it tells you wether it's charging or not?

Could it be that your battery is on it's way out?

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Odd.

When it displays have you checked the economy screen to see if it tells you wether it's charging or not?

Could it be that your battery is on it's way out?
I'll have to find that screen, it never deactivated before I turned it off in Forscan. Battery Is new in the past month and the tender is plugged in every night.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I'll have to find that screen, it never deactivated before I turned it off in Forscan. Battery Is new in the past month and the tender is plugged in every night.
Hhhmm. I'm stumped.

IIRC there is something that needs to be done when changing the battery, basically telling the truck it's new. Does that sound familiar from when you changed the battery?

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Hhhmm. I'm stumped.

IIRC there is something that needs to be done when changing the battery, basically telling the truck it's new. Does that sound familiar from when you changed the battery?
Yes I did the reset when I replaced the battery, brake 5 times, horn 3 times, something like that. Said it was reset.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hey friends, I'm having a issue with DRL on my 2019 Lariat. I upgraded to the latest ForScan v2.3.49.

Background: I performed 5 or 6 ForScan changes back in 2019 when I got my truck. Double honk, bambi, DRL, etc. A couple of weeks ago Ford had to replace my transmission valve body because my truck was shifting hard. They also had to reprogram my PCM. The result was double honk, DRL, bambi all reverted back to As Built.
Using the latest version of ForScan, I went and enabled the settings again. Everything is working except DRL. It shows it's enabled but they are not on. This worked fine before so I'm confused as to why it's not working now. Yes, I know the truck has to be in DRIVE, again this has worked for the past 3 years without issue.
Attaching a screenshot showing the DRL is enabled.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-12-09 093508.png

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hey friends, I'm having a issue with DRL on my 2019 Lariat. I upgraded to the latest ForScan v2.3.49.

Background: I performed 5 or 6 ForScan changes back in 2019 when I got my truck. Double honk, bambi, DRL, etc. A couple of weeks ago Ford had to replace my transmission valve body because my truck was shifting hard. They also had to reprogram my PCM. The result was double honk, DRL, bambi all reverted back to As Built.
Using the latest version of ForScan, I went and enabled the settings again. Everything is working except DRL. It shows it's enabled but they are not on. This worked fine before so I'm confused as to why it's not working now. Yes, I know the truck has to be in DRIVE, again this has worked for the past 3 years without issue.
Attaching a screenshot showing the DRL is enabled.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-12-09 093508.png
What is your Allowed DRL Options set at. For you I beleive it should be Dedicated DRL. You could also try All Options.

One other thing is the DRL setting in your dash menus turned on?
Sponsored