First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It wouldn't be on Ford anyways. Accidents aren't on the manufacturers unless there's a widespread safety/recall issue, they're on the individual drivers and insurance companies.
You would still be surprised as to how much they investigate when a accident happens. If there's a fire on the vehicle or maybe someone just randomly lost traction. These are the things are going to look into and decide if there is a safety recall that needs to be made or not. That is why I don't recommend disabling the traction control permanently. All manufacturers don't recommend turn the traction control off whatsoever anyways because of it being a safety device.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
You would still be surprised as to how much they investigate when a accident happens. If there's a fire on the vehicle or maybe someone just randomly lost traction. These are the things are going to look into and decide if there is a safety recall that needs to be made or not. That is why I don't recommend disabling the traction control permanently. All manufacturers don't recommend turn the traction control off whatsoever anyways because of it being a safety device.
Yes, but that doesn't put any onus on the manufacturer unless there's a serious defect. You'd also be surprised just how little most accidents are investigated unless they're fatal or have serious injuries/damage.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have yet to run across a reason I would want to disable traction control even temporarily, let alone full time.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I have yet to run across a reason I would want to disable traction control even temporarily, let alone full time.
But yet you hate hitting the traction control button?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
But yet you hate hitting the traction control button?
Replying to wrong poster. @E Monty is the one who doesn't like hitting the button. I agree why does he want to disabling traction control all the time.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I recently drove 1500 highway miles and along the way I had to drive thru a couple of inches of slush and/or snow. In some areas I engaged 4WD but for the most part Traction Control worked really well and kept the vehicle running true and straight. Without traction control I would have had to use 4WD much more often or risk losing control (unless I slowed way down). I found it to be a definite asset (altho there may be a reason to turn it off I have yet to come across a situation that calls for that).

Last edited:

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Last edited:

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I would be more worried about insurance finding out a safety feature was permanently disabled. They can be a little snake like as is so I would hate to give them more ammo.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I recently drove 1500 highway miles and along the way I had to drive thru a couple of inches of slush and/or snow. In some areas I engaged 4WD but for the most part Traction Control worked really well and kept the vehicle running true and straight. Without traction control I would have had to use 4WD much more often or risk losing control (unless I slowed way down). I found it to be a definite asset (altho there may be a reason to turn it off I have yet to come across a situation that calls for that).
I just got stuck in 20" of powder with 1" of crusty ice underneath. When I disable TCS, I could move, when it was enabled, I was fully stationary.

Not a case for full-time disable, but at least a case for where it's usefull to be able to disable.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just got stuck in 20" of powder with 1" of crusty ice underneath. When I disable TCS, I could move, when it was enabled, I was fully stationary.

Not a case for full-time disable, but at least a case for where it's usefull to be able to disable.
humm....Interesting, thanks for that info.

A couple of questions if you don't mind...
Does your vehicle have a locking rear end?
Was it in 4WD?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

Was it in 4WD?
I've done the same, a few times. LSD rear end and 4wd. In icy/snowy situations often times you need the wheels to keep spinning to burn through the covering of slick materials to where you can get traction. A bit similar to a muddy situation, and within reason, how you want it to run in Sand as well.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've done the same, a few times. LSD rear end and 4wd. In icy/snowy situations often times you need the wheels to keep spinning to burn through the covering of slick materials to where you can get traction. A bit similar to a muddy situation, and within reason, how you want it to run in Sand as well.
Yeah, thank makes sense.....I haven't had my truck in that situation but yeah, I agree with you there. Good thing for the switch! lol

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Was it in 4WD?
I have an FX4, I tried trail control, Grass/Gravel/Snow mode, locked and unlocked rear end. Nothing helped until I turned off TCS.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX

Was it in 4WD?
This isn't anything new or a Ford thing, I did the same with my 2011 Charger in the snow, in order to rock it or get wheel spin to get moving TC needed to be turned off.
Sponsored