FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Sorry for the long delay everyone, it's been quite the past few months.

I have finally updated the wiki post to be a table format, trying to link together AS-BUILT and GUI options together, and putting them in an alphabetical list, roughly, as well as trying to provide descriptions if possible. Hopefully this helps keep it clean and helps others find things they're looking for.

To those who have contribute, which I'm tagging below, I would be very appreciative if you would take the time to verify the settings you've contributed to ensure I didn't completely mangle them when updating, and for those that don't have a description, if you would add one, that would be awesome.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions so far!

@RCMUSTANG
@Porpoise Hork
@Akshon
@gfitzge2
@John Galt
@j0shm1lls
@Arron
@WhiteLightning19
@Ed Venture
I think it's right for me. Lol

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
Ive never used FORscan before, but I assume its like just connecting an OBDII scanner.

Hook connector up to truck and laptop, turn truck to on position and open FORscan?

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Ive never used FORscan before, but I assume its like just connecting an OBDII scanner.

Hook connector up to truck and laptop, turn truck to on position and open FORscan?
Yes, pretty much. You might want to hook up a battery charger. If the battery drops too low, Forscan won't work correctly. Also because it takes time to backup all the asbuilts before you start changing anything.

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
Do I need to purchase the license to change anything? I got it all hooked up and saved my trucks profile but I was not able to make any changes.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

jdwinter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hey All -

I've successfully multiple settings in BdyCM and IPC using the table at the top of this thread - but I cannot find this one in IPC (using FORScan v2.3.38 beta):

Disable Startup Chimes (3x doo-doo-doo)IPC720-01-02 (xxxx x2xx)RCMUSTANG

Does it have a different name or location? Thanks for your help!

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Hey All -

I've successfully multiple settings in BdyCM and IPC using the table at the top of this thread - but I cannot find this one in IPC (using FORScan v2.3.38 beta):

Disable Startup Chimes (3x doo-doo-doo)IPC720-01-02 (xxxx x2xx)RCMUSTANG

Does it have a different name or location? Thanks for your help!
I think that one is only changed by a hex code edit of 720-01-02. At least that is how I had to disable it. Besure to backup the module and/or take screen shots of the code and give it a try, its just as easy.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
just ordered my cable.. should be here tomorrow.. cant wait to disable honks with keys out of car, auto engine stop. i wish you could make it so the recirc air would stay on!

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Sorry for the long delay everyone, it's been quite the past few months.

I have finally updated the wiki post to be a table format, trying to link together AS-BUILT and GUI options together, and putting them in an alphabetical list, roughly, as well as trying to provide descriptions if possible. Hopefully this helps keep it clean and helps others find things they're looking for.

To those who have contribute, which I'm tagging below, I would be very appreciative if you would take the time to verify the settings you've contributed to ensure I didn't completely mangle them when updating, and for those that don't have a description, if you would add one, that would be awesome.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions so far!

@RCMUSTANG
@Porpoise Hork
@Akshon
@gfitzge2
@John Galt
@j0shm1lls
@Arron
@WhiteLightning19
@Ed Venture
Where do we find the wiki link table format

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger XLT/ā€˜03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
I see the traction choices listed. Has anyone tried to successfully disable these? I donā€™t like hitting the button all the time.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I see the traction choices listed. Has anyone tried to successfully disable these? I donā€™t like hitting the button all the time.
I can't say if anyone has but something you need to be aware of is that is considered a safety feature where if you completely disable it and you all of a sudden get into a wreck Ford can take the time to look into your truck and see if that's been disabled entirely. If it has been disabled entirely everything is on you and not on Ford whatsoever.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say if anyone has but something you need to be aware of is that is considered a safety feature where if you completely disable it and you all of a sudden get into a wreck Ford can take the time to look into your truck and see if that's been disabled entirely. If it has been disabled entirely everything is on you and not on Ford whatsoever.
It wouldn't be on Ford anyways. Accidents aren't on the manufacturers unless there's a widespread safety/recall issue, they're on the individual drivers and insurance companies.
Sponsored