Ford Officially Releases Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20282

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
For those of us who did not lose the climate controls when the 3.4 version was originally released, is there any benefit to the update? My owners page indicated there was an update for my truck and I downloaded it, but I am hesitant to install it as it has been working OK.
It seems a little snappier, voice recognition is better.
Sponsored

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Mine still says I'm up to date with sync 3.4.20136 on both the ford website and on sync in the truck. Any ideas?

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure I'm gonna do any updates. My sync works great, the channels, artist, album and song title show up in the right dash panel. Texts, which I don't get many, alert me. When I go to climate controls, I can direct the output to my feet, chest or defrost and my feet get warm and the heat stays in auto. When I try to start with Ford pass, works every time. Along with that, depending the conditions, it will turn on the heated seat, rear defroster, front defroster and max defrost. I get turn by turn notifications when the nav is on a route. I'm getting updates about road conditions miles away from where I am but on the same road. Kind of nice. The right dash third gives me little speed limit signs and changes pretty much when the speed limit does.

Actually, the only thing that is spotty and it's only happened twice in almost two months, is my connection with the iPhone 12 Pro max will drop, it attempts to repair and does. I listen to audible books pretty much all the time to SiriusXM channel 63. Volume is plenty for the old ears to hear the books without the hearing aides.

All ihn all, pretty jazzed with how the system is performing.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I did the upgrade on mine the other day, the only thing I don't like is it took away my Ford GT theme that I turned on with Forscan. I went back into Forscan and turned it back on, and it still doesn't load the GT theme. :(

I like it because it's darker than the regular theme (I have sensitive eyes) and even at night with it dimmed out it's either too dark to see, or too bright to drive.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Sync 4 is now on the new 2021 vehicles. I wonder if we can upgrade our 3.4 to the new 4?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync 4 is now on the new 2021 vehicles. I wonder if we can upgrade our 3.4 to the new 4?
What new 2021 vehicles? I haven't seen anything saying that the ranger is switching.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Abandonware, abandonware as far as the eye can see.
I assume sync 4 is already basically abandonware since ford announced that they're moving to Android. But I've never had a car with infotainment that was supported well in the long term so it's kind of expected. As long as Android auto/carplay keep working it luckily doesn't matter much these days.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
What new 2021 vehicles? I haven't seen anything saying that the ranger is switching.
Available on some, but not all 2021 Fords yet

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Available on some, but not all 2021 Fords yet
They usually switch a model at a redesign, not all models at once. So I'd expect to see it in the ranger no earlier than 2023.

Sammyboy808

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
Wholesale Distribution
No upgrade available. And no Sync4 for 2021 Rangers. Could happen for 2022 but I imagine Sync4 advertising bigger screens, the dash would have to be redesigned. Only time will tell, but in the meantime, no big disappointment if you bought a 2020. I'll be bummed if they upgrade for 2022, but no heartbreak really. I survived in all my past cars without the wireless goodies, I'm sure I can survive here.
Sponsored