First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
My '19 has a minor but annoying issue. I frequently get the prompts saying something about location services and "to disable this prompt, connect a phone" WHILE my phone (Android) is connected by USB cable and bluetooth. I also frequently get the connection popup saying phone is now connected and asking if I want to set it as favorite. This can come up any time in the first 10 minutes or so of driving. I wonder if this update does anything about those.

If I post my VIN will someone look up to see if it says I can update? As far as I'm aware, no update has been done since I received the truck in April '19.
You can check it here...

https://help.ford.com/update-sync/
Sponsored

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn't you just wait until it officially releases from Ford in (potentially) a few days? Just curious why you would need to go the CyanLabs route.
Why wait if you can get it now? It doesn't matter to me if it's the official release or not. It surely won't be any different than the "official" release version. Sync 3.4 build 20282 is Sync 3.4 build 20282. If the "official" release was different it would not be Sync 3.4 build 20282....it would be another build number. :wink:
I am under warranty as I'm sure you are 3/36k. I bought the 5/125k bumper to bumper (comprehensive) warranty also. My service advisor has advised me to have at the updates and if I screw something up he will fix it for me. It's kind of funny. A lot of folks on this forum are so very worried about their warranties and it's all for naught. IMHO

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
My '19 has a minor but annoying issue. I frequently get the prompts saying something about location services and "to disable this prompt, connect a phone" WHILE my phone (Android) is connected by USB cable and bluetooth. I also frequently get the connection popup saying phone is now connected and asking if I want to set it as favorite. This can come up any time in the first 10 minutes or so of driving. I wonder if this update does anything about those.
I get those all the time and they irritate the hell out of me. also unpleasantly frequent pairing requests, even after I've already initiated a pairing request during that drive. I think it's illustrating the general flakiness of BT, honestly.

FatalException0E

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Crew FX4 - Blue, '19 Subaru Forester Touring - White
Well, I don't like that! Nothing newer.
Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.3.19052

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.20136) is up to date.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Hopefully there won't be too much lag time between the dealer and USB updates. Sometimes they go together, other times there's a gap.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Hopefully there won't be too much lag time between the dealer and USB updates. Sometimes they go together, other times there's a gap.
I spoke to my dealer this morning...

Definitely available to the dealer but not currently through the Ford Owner site. Hopefully that will change soon.

Nonetheless I have an appointment on Thursday morning to have the dealer install Build 20282.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
why am I left out here?!?

Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.3.19052) is up to date.

1FTER4EH8KLA79081

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
why am I left out here?!?

Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.3.19052) is up to date.

1FTER4EH8KLA79081
You are not alone. I get the same thing.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It's not live for owner download yet then. If you looked in OASIS, you'd probably see an update available like tmcolegr.
The problem is that I'm running 3.4.20136 but Ford doesn't seem to realize it. I've tried uploading the XML file after the update and I believe it was actually successful once, but nothing seems to get the Ford servers to update the version it thinks I'm running.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
The problem is that I'm running 3.4.20136 but Ford doesn't seem to realize it. I've tried uploading the XML file after the update and I believe it was actually successful once, but nothing seems to get the Ford servers to update the version it thinks I'm running.
Yeah, I've heard of this from a few people. No idea why it doesn't decide to update when the XML is sent in. It's only serving v3.3 updates now, probably why you see that build noted. Hopefully it'll clear up once they switch back on the v3.4 update for Ranger.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
It's not live for owner download yet then. If you looked in OASIS, you'd probably see an update available like tmcolegr.
Just fyi - I was one of those that lost the climate icon when I upgraded to v3.4 Build 20136.

Looking in Oasis, Ford has since changed the As Built value at 7D0-04-01. Previously was 3480, now is 3400 to Enable Climate Domain

Capture.JPG
Sponsored