OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
@tmcolegr thanks for the good news! I'll keep monitoring it.
Keep in mind even though you show having an update in Oasis, I have no idea what this update actually accomplishes. It may simply restore the missing climate icon for those that haven't already used FORScan to resolve. This may explain why so far I haven't found any 2020s that qualify for this update as they weren't impacted by this issue.
Sponsored

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I am still on 3.3, because my truck is one with the messed up as-built that would lose climate controls under the previous 3.4 update. I never did the update, because I'm not going to mess with forscan at this point.

Don't know what this OASIS thing is or how to access it, but the ford site says I'm up-to-date.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't know what this OASIS thing is or how to access it, but the ford site says I'm up-to-date.
Oasis is the Ford network dealers use.

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
FYI. This is the update that should address the Climate domain issues. It’s essentially the same (actually an update) to what MY21’s are shipping with now. My guess is it’s only dealer available at the moment, hence the owner site is not yet showing it. That can happen as it gets rolled out. Usually the owner site updates go active Monday/Tuesday, at least from the past.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI. This is the update that should address the Climate domain issues. It’s essentially the same (actually an update) to what MY21’s are shipping with now. My guess is it’s only dealer available at the moment, hence the owner site is not yet showing it. That can happen as it gets rolled out. Usually the owner site updates go active Monday/Tuesday, at least from the past.
Excellent information !!

thank you

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently have approx. 70 2021 Super Duty's on order that have been built but have not been delivered. They were shipped with v3.4 Build 19241. However, Oasis indicates they also qualify for this same Sync 3 update - v3.4 Build 20208.

Edit: please forgive my typo, they qualify to be upgraded to Build 20282

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I currently have approx. 70 2021 Super Duty's on order that have been built but have not been delivered. They were shipped with v3.4 Build 19241. However, Oasis indicates they also qualify for this same Sync 3 update - v3.4 Build 20208.

Capture.JPG
Yep, should apply to MY19+.

Oh, and FYI for voice users, this has the update such that there isn't the long chime when starting a voice session. Press button, wait for the beep, talk. Normal and expected.

Last edited:

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Yep, should apply to MY19+.

Oh, and FYI for voice users, this has the update such that there isn't the long chime when starting a voice session. Press button, wait for the beep, talk. Normal and expected.
I've been wanting the improvements to voice quite badly. I've certainly encountered a bunch of shortcomings to voice recognition in 3.3 this summer.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.20136) is up to date.

I have a 2019, did a cyanlabs upgrade from 3.3. Fixed climate with FORScan. Ford says I'm up to date.

Lone Ranger

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew, 2019 Ford Flex
I have a 2019 Lariat SuperCrew. My vehicle doesn't appear to be on the climate control issue list and I chose not to update to 3.4 when it was previously available through the Ford Owner Site. I waited and I am waiting. The message I get is "Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.3.19052) is up to date." So, I will wait so more. I would like to update because it seems that the performance is not as good on 3.3 as it was on 3.0 and I have had one lock up where I had to remove a fuse to correct the problem. So, when an update is available officially, and I am confident it is stable, I will update.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I also have v3.4.20136 on my 2019 Lariat and lost climate controls. I have been patiently waiting so I hope this adds the Climate Controls back to the home screen.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I'll be doing a CyanLabs install of Sync 3.4_20282:clap:
Then fix it with Forscan...

Mr.Scary

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Just checked my vin and it said I am up to date with version 3.3

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Guess I'll be doing a CyanLabs install of Sync 3.4_20282:clap:
Then fix it with Forscan...
Why wouldn't you just wait until it officially releases from Ford in (potentially) a few days? Just curious why you would need to go the CyanLabs route.

FatalException0E

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Crew FX4 - Blue, '19 Subaru Forester Touring - White
My '19 has a minor but annoying issue. I frequently get the prompts saying something about location services and "to disable this prompt, connect a phone" WHILE my phone (Android) is connected by USB cable and bluetooth. I also frequently get the connection popup saying phone is now connected and asking if I want to set it as favorite. This can come up any time in the first 10 minutes or so of driving. I wonder if this update does anything about those.

If I post my VIN will someone look up to see if it says I can update? As far as I'm aware, no update has been done since I received the truck in April '19.
Sponsored