#fakenews: DIYers Take Note – the 2019 Ford Ranger’s Oil Change Procedure Contains a Big Extra Step

Discussion in 'Maintenance - Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing' started by rangerdanger, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Stumblios

Stumblios Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
    So this is the panel they are talking about, it looks super easy to remove and get at. I would also argue that since it so tiny that if you really have an issue with it you could remove it permanently and the only result would be dirt build up on the underside of the engine. This seems like a not problem to me.

IMG_20190110_165943.jpg

2. rangerdanger

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger 4x2 SuperCrew XLT
  3. Rinn69

Rinn69 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
    Or....maybe remove the 3 fasteners, and use 4 neodymium / rare earth magnets-- put one where the forward most fastener is and one in between the 2 rear most fasteners, then re-position the flap and use the other 2 magnets to hold it in place. Easy removal next time and the magnets will hold the flap out of your way when your changing the oil. I guess it will depend on how much air moves through there to see if that would hold it in place. Maybe use some Goop to secure the outer magnets.

4. pannwfn

pannwfn Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    2005 fx4 level II
    Hi Ren how are you. You sure do get around. Has anyone ever crawled up under the truck and looked yet?? Yeh I know insomnia and a bad case of OCD have it too.