First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
20 in lb is pretty light --- I bought a torque screwdriver that I use to do mine, I worry about the dealer stripping it out since thats so light. and its really pretty easy to do. I can do it a lot faster than the dealer, for some reason the 'express lane' still takes about 2 hrs.
20 ft lbs is 240 in lbs. I'm not sure a torque screwdriver is going to cut it for this.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Wow, my wife's bronco sport and my tremor came with free oil changes for the 1st 3yrs that I will absolutely not be using. Your experience confirms my skepticism about dealer "techs". Sorry for your experience, but on the bright side at least you caught it early and no real damage has been done

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
20 ft lbs is 240 in lbs. I'm not sure a torque screwdriver is going to cut it for this.
sorry I realized I made a BIG typo in the original post I think I fixed it..... it is FOOT pounds not INCH LB like I posted before -- sorry if I confused anyone. the torque screwdriver I found is basically like a torque wrench but has a screwdriver handle with a "T" shape so it makes it a little harder to mess up. But last week I used it and it really didn't feel like it was working very well so I used my HF 1/4 inch drive torque wrench (set at 240 inch pounds which is same as 20 foot pounds unless im wrong about that also) and it worked pretty well. my biggest issue now was the huge mess on the floor, my drain pan leaked so now we have a new one of those.
Sponsored