First Name
andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Hi DR,

If I recall correctly, the bolt head on the oil pan plug is 15mm...I bet the "tech" used a us wrench which will not fit well on 15mm
at least they didn't strip the pan bolt threads! thats what im afraid of.

Advertisement

TremorOwner

Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
My first oil change on my 2019 Jetta was done by the dealer because it was free. About 2 days later I put the car on a lift because I was at my race shop and was curious what it looked like underneath. I was missing most of the push pin holder inner doo-dads... as such the front of underbody plastic wasn't fully secured. I drove by the dealer the next day anyway and had them replace them. I'd have just replaced them myself but couldn't find the right ones at NAPA.

I always do my oil changes even if I have to in the middle of a parking lot. That experience confirmed why.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport
Occupation
Engineering
The damper has derailed more threads than any other thing on this Site. The fan boys can put that on their tank tops and flex for more LOL.
AD646A3B-0560-492E-BB71-1C9CE07A002A.jpeg

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
20 in lb is pretty light --- I bought a torque screwdriver that I use to do mine, I worry about the dealer stripping it out since thats so light. and its really pretty easy to do. I can do it a lot faster than the dealer, for some reason the 'express lane' still takes about 2 hrs.
20 ft lbs is 240 in lbs. I'm not sure a torque screwdriver is going to cut it for this.

Advertisement

Advertisement