First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Maybe a wood stove is a good idea depending on what a cord of wood costs in your area.
IMO if you're paying full price for wood it's hard to really save any money. My ex son in law works for a tree clearing business an they bought the machine to process firewood. Their prices are fair since they're getting rid of a biproduct. They used to sell it to a firewood place that cut an split it with the same machine but sold it for $400 a cord an you had to haul it for that price. My daughter had an outdoor wood burner an they got the wood for free so it was a great deal for them. About 10K for the boiler an everything to install it. They were going to head their barn an pool with it too but they are no longer together. I looked at a house with propane heat an I was going to install a pellet stove if I bought it to keep energy costs down. If you go that route you have to buy the pellets in bulk in the summer or you won't save much.
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
IMO if you're paying full price for wood it's hard to really save any money. My ex son in law works for a tree clearing business an they bought the machine to process firewood. Their prices are fair since they're getting rid of a biproduct. They used to sell it to a firewood place that cut an split it with the same machine but sold it for $400 a cord an you had to haul it for that price. My daughter had an outdoor wood burner an they got the wood for free so it was a great deal for them. About 10K for the boiler an everything to install it. They were going to head their barn an pool with it too but they are no longer together. I looked at a house with propane heat an I was going to install a pellet stove if I bought it to keep energy costs down. If you go that route you have to buy the pellets in bulk in the summer or you won't save much.
It's always good to have options, like saving money with the pellets but having propane in case there is a supply problem with those too. These days you need multiple options for everything.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Guy I work with today asked me how my mileage was with the Ranger. Told him in the winter months around here I’m around 19 miles a gallon. He’s like what!? I’m only getting 13.5 mpg in mine! It’s killing me ? I’m like, what’s the sticker on that thing say you’re supposed to get. He didn’t know, said I’m taking it to the dealership anyways. Something not right… eh it’s a jeep bro, not the most aerodynamic thing you know! ?

363E110B-E4B3-4F19-87B5-4C29D8255BA9.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Guy I work with today asked me how my mileage was with the Ranger. Told him in the winter months around here I’m around 19 miles a gallon. He’s like what!? I’m only getting 13.5 mpg in mine! It’s killing me ? I’m like, what’s the sticker on that thing say you’re supposed to get. He didn’t know, said I’m taking it to the dealership anyways. Something not right… eh it’s a jeep bro, not the most aerodynamic thing you know! ?

363E110B-E4B3-4F19-87B5-4C29D8255BA9.jpeg
That's crazy bad mileage on that Jeep. Mine isn't even broke in yet (425 miles) and I'm getting 22 mpg with the 2.0 turbo. They're definitely designed like a brick on wheels. ?

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
That's crazy bad mileage on that Jeep. Mine isn't even broke in yet (425 miles) and I'm getting 22 mpg with the 2.0 turbo. They're definitely designed like a brick on wheels. ?
425 miles u slacker ?. I‘m at 1323 so far.

In Vegas, 93 octane today is $5.31.

6EEE540D-8FD3-4D04-A955-5D701A1A73DA.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A guy I know just posted his RV for sale for over $100K. Talk about bad timing
I am soooo glad I didn't go forward buying a travel trailer like we were planning on last fall. I was just about to put a deposit down on a brand new one then decided to wait and get the Jeep instead. We were just down in Mexico today and all the RV dealers in Yuma,AZ are full of RV's on their lots. Usually there's very little inventory there and a 6+ month wait list.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I am soooo glad I didn't go forward buying a travel trailer like we were planning on last fall. I was just about to put a deposit down on a brand new one then decided to wait and get the Jeep instead. We were just down in Mexico today and all the RV dealers in Yuma,AZ are full of RV's on their lots. Usually there's very little inventory there and a 6+ month wait list.
I remember the thin inventory of campers and motorhomes. I hope he can unload it. He retired an tried to live out of it. He made it 2 years.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Western PA, $4.99 at the moment.
I run 89 or E15 88 myself. E15 is 20 cents less than 87. 89 is 20 cents more than 87 but I average 1.5 mpg better on a tank so the cost is a wash.