OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I just have to rant a little. We are going to use Waffle House as an example.

Many many years ago you could order a waffle for $1.99 and you got a waffle that filled the size of the plate all the way. (you could even get a second waffle for 99 cents)

Not many years ago you ordered a waffle for $2.99 and you got a waffle that filled the size of the plate all the way.

Starting last year you ordered a waffle for $3.99 and now you get a waffle that fills 75% of the plate.

The same plates are being used.

I am sick and tired of companies telling me that the cost of the same products go up because it is the cost of materials rising over time, then turning around and giving me 25% less product even though you are supposedly charging me more to cover your loss gap to keep the same product at the same specs as previous years.

So now you charge me more to cover your materials (which is fine) and then you rip me off to pad your pocket even more. Granted the waffle is a very basic example, but I am seeing this more and more as I get older and I've had about enough. Companies I catch doing this will get no more business from me. If you want to charge me more to keep up with materials cost that is fine, but you'll not piss on me and say its raining.
Sponsored

JohnDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4
I don't mind price increases, since inflation is real. What I do hate is cheapening out a product. These days companies will sell inferior products at increased costs. So often even when you are willing to pay more for the better product you cant because it is no longer sold.

Last edited: