OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
and men get a bad wrap for being shy of marriage lol.

I won't say I won't ever marry again, life happens, but I promise there will be an iron clad pre-nump in place and one that says all purchases after marriage will be treated like pre-marriage or heirloom belongings.
Sponsored

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
My Wife's ex was the dumbass. He traded $10,000 in house equity, for $5,000 in credit card debt.

she ditched him, put her student loans into hardship mode, and paid off the credit cards in 18 months. We sold their house and used the equity as a down payment for a home 3 times the value.(now 4 times)

Bonus He left all his tools behind. some where junk and some are sitll used today.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Damn y'all have some serious horror stories. Been married since 1994. It ain't all been great, but somehow we managed to stay together.
Well, all I can say for me is I didn't ask for the divorce. All shit talking aside I would have preferred to work it out. I took a vow and don't shrug off such things easily.

With that said, if you are not only going to try and burn the bridge on the way out, but detonate it with C4, I'll not lay down and be walked over in the process.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
My Wife's ex was the dumbass. He traded $10,000 in house equity, for $5,000 in credit card debt.

she ditched him, put her student loans into hardship mode, and paid off the credit cards in 18 months. We sold their house and used the equity as a down payment for a home 3 times the value.(now 4 times)

Bonus He left all his tools behind. some where junk and some are sitll used today.
you got a good deal on that one lol

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ok since we’re airing it out here. My first wife (now diseased) was in the witness protection program. New social number, birthday etc. Took me 5 years to figure it out. How you ask? Well one night got a phone call from a local prison. Collect call to boot! It was her old boyfriend that was doing life for murder. He was in Boston’s Winter hill gang. Anyways, however he did it he was getting paroled. She wasn’t home and then I really started digging. I figured won’t be long and I’ll get rubbed out too! The more I dug more I uncovered. I could write a book about this. Anyways, when she came home is when I said I’m out! Your old boyfriend called from prison. The con job is over. Get out. Thing is, she never remarried and kept my last name. I know, crazy right!

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
We all should get 1 mulligan.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Ok since we’re airing it out here. My first wife (now diseased) was in the witness protection program. New social number, birthday etc. Took me 5 years to figure it out. How you ask? Well one night got a phone call from a local prison. Collect call to boot! It was her old boyfriend that was doing life for murder. He was in Boston’s Winter hill gang. Anyways, however he did it he was getting paroled. She wasn’t home and then I really started digging. I figured won’t be long and I’ll get rubbed out too! The more I dug more I uncovered. I could write a book about this. Anyways, when she came home is when I said I’m out! Your old boyfriend called from prison. The con job is over. Get out. Thing is, she never remarried and kept my last name. I know, crazy right!
Da fuq? Damn!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Prenup.

If they won't agree to sign one. No marriage.
You'll find out real fast if this is the person you want to be with.
Prenup?
What for? The day I got married (51 years ago next week) I had to borrow a car for a weekend getaway and our $300 in cash from wedding gifts was the most money I had ever seen in one pile up to that point.... We literally budgeted to the penny for the first couple of years.
No "separate money" has ever entered our household.

Unconditional commitment as a foundation, Love by God's grace and command.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
Sheeit, I just saw a buddy today that I haven't laid eyes on in over 20 years. He's been out for 3 but we were actually close enough ( geographically ) to see each other today, he's normally a good chunk of distance. His Ex made false statements after his original domestic ( that he did do ) while he was on probation. Lost his business, house, gun collection ( that would have made ANYBODY here jelly as F@#$ ), he did 18, most of it in San Quentin.

It can always be worse but what you do after is what matters, he's got a nice house again, making good money doing something he's passionate about. Don't let them win. Succeeding after the fact is the best revenge.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok Folks....Sad story.... 1st wife got hooked on cocaine. Was a pathological lair, A gambler. Supplied drugs to my kid and his buddies to be the "Cool Mon". Turns out she liked girls...not men... 33 years of Hell. My mom told me "for better or worse"... I got worse... So December 2002....My Mom died, My dog died, I retired and my wife left me for her GF as she is not straight. Secrete credit cards, bank accounts and gambling debts to the Detroit Mafia. Almost $500,000 up her nose... left me for her girlfriend lover. Blessing.... Secret debt was assigned by judge to her but still six figure settlement which she took to Las Vegas with her GF and over several months blew the whole amount.

My kid, thanks to her is a druggie... So turned off by marriage I swore it off but met Margie and she is the light of my life....Things got good.

20/20 hindsight...Never should have caved to the pressure of her father and mother to marry her. Never stuck it out for 33 years of hell... (thanks Mom)...

So, wonderful 17 years with Margie....twists and turns of life.

Best,
Phil
Sponsored