Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow this subject brings back some memories! One of my very first jobs was working in a lab making hard contact lenses. They were gas permeable and the Ophthalmologist doctor I worked for was world renowned. Some of his patients were some very famous people including world leaders. Anyways, he was also a teacher at Mass General Eye and ear. He wrote a paper that warned about the negatives of lasik. About 10% of patients having procedure done end up with permanent damage. Most are migraines and the balance is destroyed vision. So think twice on this solution!

Oakley use to make prescription replacement lenses for their full line of glasses.

My dad had lens replacement because of cataracts. He said it was great not needing glasses anymore. Think he always in early 80’s when he had it done.
Hi Rick,

My buddy with the 65 Chrysler Newport car had RK and then Lasik on top of that. His eyes became so screwed up he had to medically retire from Raytheon where he was head of Labor Relations with HR.....He now has lost his driver's license so uses a Electric Golf cart to get around on the streets here in Green Valley as it is limited to 15 mph and he sees well enough for that speed, hopefully.... He also had his cataracts replaced but the lenses just made his vision worse due to the RK and Lasik.

I agree, avoid RK and Lasik...

One of my Ford Secretaries had RK and ruined her life due to vision variability. Husband could not take the having to drive to Ford to get her because she could not see to drive herself home...He left her... I think she had to quit working after a while as her vision was so poor much of the day... I lost touch with her and hope she is doing okay, but what a price to pay to get rid of coke bottle glasses for vanity reasons..

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hi Rick,

My buddy with the 65 Chrysler Newport car had RK and then Lasik on top of that. His eyes became so screwed up he had to medically retire from Raytheon where he was head of Labor Relations with HR.....He now has lost his driver's license so uses a Electric Golf cart to get around on the streets here in Green Valley as it is limited to 15 mph and he sees well enough for that speed, hopefully.... He also had his cataracts replaced but the lenses just made his vision worse due to the RK and Lasik.

One of my Ford Secretaries had RK and ruined her life due to vision variability. Husband could not take the having to drive to Ford to get her because she could not see to drive herself home...He left her... I think she had to quit working after a while as her vision was so poor much of the day... I lost touch with her and hope she is doing okay, but what a price to pay to get rid of coke bottle glasses for vanity reasons..

Best,
Phil
Boy are you on the bullseye Phil. RK incisions and the LASIK flap will not heal after many years. This is widely known now. The patient will end up seeing 20/200 or worse, which is not correctable with glasses. The patient must wear a therapeutic hard contact lens which vaults over the entire cornea and rests on the white part (sclera) of the eye. That in itself is pretty painful. We are gifted with one set of eyes, so choose wisely

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hi Rick,

Best,
Phil
Boy are you on the bullseye Phil. RK incisions and the LASIK flap will not heal after many years. This is widely known now. The patient will end up seeing 20/200 or worse, which is not correctable with glasses. The patient must wear a therapeutic hard contact lens which vaults over the entire cornea and rests on the white part (sclera) of the eye. That in itself is pretty painful. We are gifted with one set of eyes, so choose wisely
Hearing stuff like this makes me happy I never got Lasik.

Contacts are a pain. But I'd probably kill myself if I went blind.
Sponsored