First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thought of that, but then someone would complain that it would be contributing to greenhouse gas via excess methane.
Wait for it! GOAT tax will be next!
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I hate dealing with gas trimmers an leaf blowers so I will go electric next time I purchase. Around here snow blowers are almost a requirement an I haven't seen a battery powered one. Cold kills battery life so they may not exist (yet)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I have a Milwaukee circular saw, drill, reciprocating saw, leaf blower, weed whacker and hedge trimmer, one battery and charger. For the convenience only. People will buy if the product is good. Simple as that. No need to force it.
Everyone has their preferences. In my case I have a stihl backpack blower that does 238 Mph. It will blow dog crap, acorns, pine needles and any leaf you throw at it. No battery unit can touch it for sheer output force. A tank of fuel will last about 1 1/2 hours going full throttle. By the time thy come up with a battery version of that it will be the size of a wind boat.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Now that's funny!! ?
And if you give it a laxative, it fertilizes at the same time!!!

I dont much care what Cali does as I have no plans to ever live there.
But a few years back I got tired of replacing the carb on my weed eater(4 stroke I had for over 15 yrs!) add to that they went from ~$20 to $80-100! Also tired of not having gas in the can. So I decided to sell all my gas powered lawn equipment and go battery powered, have not looked back. Now I do have a small, .18 acre, lot so just have a push mower. And for the weed wacker all my Ryobi attachment still work. Also got a hedge trimmer and backpack blower.
Not arguing for California at all, but for battery powered vs gas.
Cords and gas are a PIA
Now OBVIOUSLY if you have big lawn or do any commercial work, gas may still be the way to go. So Batt power may not be for everyone.
Did similar...battery weed trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer. Lot lighter for this old guy to haul around. Still have gas lawn mower and lawn tractor...both 15 years old and still going strong. Too replace those with battery power is soo cost prohibitive...maybe if cost came way down, but not now.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Everyone has their preferences. In my case I have a stihl backpack blower that does 238 Mph. It will blow dog crap, acorns, pine needles and any leaf you throw at it. No battery unit can touch it for sheer output force. A tank of fuel will last about 1 1/2 hours going full throttle. By the time thy come up with a battery version of that it will be the size of a wind boat.
Yeah, I don't use mine nearly that much. But when I do, I just grab and go. No need worry about gas, and yanking that damn string 20 times! But seriously, my Milwaukee blower is pretty damn strong. It will blow the gravel from the sidewalk back into the flower bed. I even used it to clean out my dryer vent. Blew crap all over the bushes.

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
if the is a black out or brown out, is there a battery operated generator available ? :shock:

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
if the is a black out or brown out, is there a battery operated generator available ? :shock:
Indeed there is. Usually attached to a rotating blade, rated usually between 0.05kW to 9.5MW although I've heard that some water cooled ones can go up to 22500MW. :crackup:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I googled "pedal powered lawnmower" looking for a gag photo to post, and I found this.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I googled "pedal powered lawnmower" looking for a gag photo to post, and I found this.
3000 British pounds equates to $4108.00 in US.....think I'll pass and keep old gas eater Craftsman.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
That's because these politicians (both sides) only think one direction. They never think about what happens afterwards and how something like this could cause more harm. Most parts could be recycled but I'm sure many will end up in landfills. Just like one past senator who preaches about climate change while living in his 10,000 sq ft mansion consuming more energy than a small town. Then takes off in his private plane. :facepalm: Everyone needs to do their part to make this work.
2A4139FB-0806-4BC4-A670-52F403679D7A.jpeg
Sponsored