Gas taxes up 3 cents more in California July 1-

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
The first generation not my immediate family. They came over with Spanish with Father Serra and help build the missions. Then a hundred years later the feds took our land away.
Wow. That's when the missions started..

Edit:
Sorry, you said the "build the missions"...
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Now when you leave the state you almost have to take your plates off your truck or it gets keyed
I had a rental for a road trip from cleveland to montana with jersey plates. I got pulled over 3 time for petty BS and let go without even a warning because I wasn't from Jersey... go figure. twice in Minnesota and once in iowa

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
i paid 4.37 the other day, but that was 10 cents off with a cash gas app. lowest ived paid for awhile

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
I am a 7th generation Californian. My family has been there since 1769. We have watched the downfall for most my life. I retired in 2019 an was living the good life in North Carolina along the Appalachian trail since March 2020. We barely made it out due to Covid. People were afraid of us because of our California license plate. But now all is great living the good life. And no I did not take their politics with us. Not my way if life. You could not pay me enough to move back.
We arrived in Iowa on a Sunday, Monday morning I was at the treasurers office switching my plates. Heard too many stories of peoples vehicles with CA plates being vandalized. On a side note, unlike CA DMV, I walked in to the treasurers office with no appointment, paid less than $500 to register 3 autos and a motorcycle, and was there all of 15 minutes. Just stuff like that further drives home how screwed up things are in CA. It’s as if the state wants to penalize you for living there.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
The gas prices south of Boston have dropped about $.35 in the past week and a half.
Just saw today, RBOB futures gasoline on the front month contract was down -9% today, that's like $.33 a gallon in a day. I guess a meaningful recession is getting priced in as we speak.

The volatility in all markets is pretty breathtaking.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I had a rental for a road trip from cleveland to montana with jersey plates. I got pulled over 3 time for petty BS and let go without even a warning because I wasn't from Jersey... go figure. twice in Minnesota and once in iowa
Jersey Shore turned America against the stupidity of New Jersey. (If you're from NJ it's a joke)

DreamSports

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Note: San Francisco and LA run the state, not me. I have to say though, in the winter when it’s 70°, and in the summer, when it’s 70°, and I can sit on my back deck and not get too hot or too cold, that’s nice. We certainly pay the price for it though. Paid $6.75 a gallon yesterday to fill up.
Same here.. Live in Southern California.. Golf 3 times a week, all year round.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
We arrived in Iowa on a Sunday, Monday morning I was at the treasurers office switching my plates. Heard too many stories of peoples vehicles with CA plates being vandalized. On a side note, unlike CA DMV, I walked in to the treasurers office with no appointment, paid less than $500 to register 3 autos and a motorcycle, and was there all of 15 minutes. Just stuff like that further drives home how screwed up things are in CA. It’s as if the state wants to penalize you for living there.
Welcome (back ?) to Iowa !!!