First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The other thing which I always think about is the dumping of LOTS of perfectly good gas powered equipment - one of the big tenets of "green" is "reduce/reuse/recycle" - not "throw it away". A ban on the USE would fly in the face of that. I certainly hope it is just a ban on the sale.
That's because these politicians (both sides) only think one direction. They never think about what happens afterwards and how something like this could cause more harm. Most parts could be recycled but I'm sure many will end up in landfills. Just like one past senator who preaches about climate change while living in his 10,000 sq ft mansion consuming more energy than a small town. Then takes off in his private plane. :facepalm: Everyone needs to do their part to make this work.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That's because these politicians (both sides) only think one direction. They never think about what happens afterwards and how something like this could cause more harm. Most parts could be recycled but I'm sure many will end up in landfills. Just like one past senator who preaches about climate change while living in his 10,000 sq ft mansion consuming more energy than a small town. Then takes off in his private plane. :facepalm: Everyone needs to do their part to make this work.
The law of unintended side effects.... I know it well.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I've been transitioning my lawn equipment to battery operated as the old gas ones wear out. Now, I not a tree hugger, or anything like that. It's the convenience aspect, and the enviormental part is the added value. However, being a stanch conserative I just don't feel politician from either side should be medeling in our lives. I feel if they leave things along they will move naturally towards more eco friendly things naturally. The sad part of government meddling is they never think things out to a logical sloution, it's always a knee jerk reaction to a problem. Did Newsome even think of the cost that lawn companies, many small individually owned, will have to bear. A Ryobi zero turn electric mower cost $5500, and will only get you maybe 3.5 acres of cut time. That just isn't enough to make a small locally owned lawn business viable. But, Newsome, or any other politician for that matter, couldn't care less. Politicians like Newsome have others to do menial things for them, and cost is of no matter.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion only. There no reason to make any snide remarks as they will be completely ignored.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
So equipment is good and battery issues are solvable.

For normal home owner it's a no-brainer to go with battery series. For professionals the real problems are the pricing and locked supplier. Savings on the gas, maintenance and parts do not cover the battery costs on professional side. And non-interchangeable batteries cause limited equipment choices. At least for now.
I would like to see powertool mfrs end "stovepipe engineering" of the power supply. Every brand has their own shape and voltage. I understand the logic to try and keep you in the "family" but if you have a half a dozen different lawn edgers, mowers, leaf blowers, snow throwers, drills, saws etc you need duplicate batteries and multiple chargers for all that, even within the asme brand.

DrPep

First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research
I'll leave in the middle whether this is a good idea, but as someone who lives in suburban California I would welcome any initiative to reduce the sound of leaf blowers ALL day, EVERY day.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Like another state. lol :curse:
Pretty soon AAA in California will be a pickup with a 10kW generator in the back. You get charged 2 dollars a minute while you’re plugged in!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Pretty soon AAA in California will be a pickup with a 10kW generator in the back. You get charged 2 dollars a minute while you’re plugged in!

Or you'll be traveling like this. ?

Generator on Trailer.jpg

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Just in...
Picture of a California CARB compliant lawn mower.....

800cf8e513a1091da6fa9bc063eae5dc.jpg
Now that's funny!! ?
And if you give it a laxative, it fertilizes at the same time!!!

I dont much care what Cali does as I have no plans to ever live there.
But a few years back I got tired of replacing the carb on my weed eater(4 stroke I had for over 15 yrs!) add to that they went from ~$20 to $80-100! Also tired of not having gas in the can. So I decided to sell all my gas powered lawn equipment and go battery powered, have not looked back. Now I do have a small, .18 acre, lot so just have a push mower. And for the weed wacker all my Ryobi attachment still work. Also got a hedge trimmer and backpack blower.
Not arguing for California at all, but for battery powered vs gas.
Cords and gas are a PIA
Now OBVIOUSLY if you have big lawn or do any commercial work, gas may still be the way to go. So Batt power may not be for everyone.

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Now that's funny!! ?
And if you give it a laxative, it fertilizes at the same time!!!
Thought of that, but then someone would complain that it would be contributing to greenhouse gas via excess methane.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I would like to see powertool mfrs end "stovepipe engineering" of the power supply. Every brand has their own shape and voltage. I understand the logic to try and keep you in the "family" but if you have a half a dozen different lawn edgers, mowers, leaf blowers, snow throwers, drills, saws etc you need duplicate batteries and multiple chargers for all that, even within the asme brand.
I have a Milwaukee circular saw, drill, reciprocating saw, leaf blower, weed whacker and hedge trimmer, one battery and charger. For the convenience only. People will buy if the product is good. Simple as that. No need to force it.
Sponsored