Anyone say, I should have purchased a different truck?

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Local 1 Chicago IL Ironworker (retired)
What issues are you having with your ranger.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Yes, lol. I waited nearly 9 months for mine, so I let that factor cloud my judgment.

financially screwed at the moment otherwise I would have dumped this pos for something of better build standards.

I know some are way to deep on fords ****, but I can't but protest how the 5G ranger is the poorest of the quality in fords line up outside of that ecosport thing but that's excusable given how cheap it is.

it has it's good points, too though. I can actually park the damn thing in most areas.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
but I can't but protest how the 5G ranger is the poorest of the quality in fords line up outside of that ecosport thing but that's excusable given how cheap it is.
I'm no expert on Fords, but I recall riding in my Aunts Mustang II back in the 70's, so I can reliably say that was a POS.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I'm no expert on Fords, but I recall riding in my Aunts Mustang II back in the 70's, so I can reliably say that was a POS.
Sadly never been in anything older than a 89' model so can't attest.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Absolutely my favorite truck I've ever owned going back to the early 80's , I look forward to driving it and sometimes just make up excuses to go somewhere, that being said , I would not own it without an extended warranty , lots of expensive fixes if things go bad , none of the other trucks i test drove had any "wow" factor to me at all , but the Ranger did and does , sorry yours didn't work out for you ...

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, not me.

However, a small percentage of the 17,000 members on here, who represent only a very small percentage of all 5g Ranger owners in NA, amplify their woes so strongly that it only seems like these issues are widespread, and affect every single new 5g Ranger.

One might also draw a similar conclusion from this forum that all 5g Rangers have aftermarket wheels, levelling kits, bigger tires, RTTs, off-road bumpers, multiple light bars, and a host of other modifications, when in reality, only a small percentage of members have made such changes to their trucks. However, they amplify these changes strongly.

Yes, some folks have some real issues with their trucks and it certainly sucks when they do. I’m not suggesting they don’t exist but I am suggesting they are not as prevalent as the small vocal minority might lead us to believe. I lurked on Ranger forums in the past to learn how to fix problems with my aging 4g and a simple Google search of a particular problem with any make/model of vehicle will result in a ton of forum thread results.

Along with posts by enthusiasts wanting to learn about a vehicle or how to modify it, vehicle forums are all filled with threads discussing the issues people are having - it’s simply one of the places they go to find out how to fix things or if they are alone in their plight.

I would suggest that the thousands of members without issues, who aren’t posting their concerns because they have nothing to post, are the yardstick by which we should measure the reliability of our Rangers.

If they were somehow magically motivated to post about how their truck is just fine, it would likely appear to forum readers that the sun shines out of the 5g Ranger’s tailpipe.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely my favorite truck I've ever owned going back to the early 80's , I look forward to driving it and sometimes just make up excuses to go somewhere, that being said , I would not own it without an extended warranty , lots of expensive fixes if things go go bad , none of the other trucks i test drove had any "wow" factor to me at all , but the Ranger did and does , sorry yours didn't work out for you ...
I’m not even sure his didn’t work out. I think all the transmission/surging/shuddering/blend door/fuel-in-oil posts have scared the pants off him. 😀