All vehicles should have this feature and here is another I think trucks need

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
When I rented a Chevy Colorado I left something on the back seat and when I parked it gave me chimes or some alert , thought that was a pretty dumb feature but also thought it was a pretty dumb truck.
Plot twist. The 2021 Rangers have this now ?. With so many parents leaving babies back there it's understandable. Also, you can turn it off in the dash menu if you don't need it.
Sponsored

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
.....sneaking in a tailgate question here:
I have a large basement finish project underway. So I've been regularly hauling a bed full of framing lumber with the tail gate down.
All fine until I back my Ranger for unloading. The obstruction warning chime won't shut up. I suspect the rear sensors are sensing the tail gate.
Is there a way to shut it off through the Driver Assist or other settings?

Also my Ranger came with a small jumper connector. I recall it had something to do with operating with the tailgate removed. What is this thing and what does it do?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The kid in the backseat and the tailgate down should be a double honk. Idiot proof.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
.....sneaking in a tailgate question here:
I have a large basement finish project underway. So I've been regularly hauling a bed full of framing lumber with the tail gate down.
All fine until I back my Ranger for unloading. The obstruction warning chime won't shut up. I suspect the rear sensors are sensing the tail gate.
Is there a way to shut it off through the Driver Assist or other settings?

Also my Ranger came with a small jumper connector. I recall it had something to do with operating with the tailgate removed. What is this thing and what does it do?
There is a button that shuts off the alerts, down near the gear shift.

The jumper is for when you remove the tailgate to keep dirt out of the connector.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I once lost a washing machine off the back of my truck on the interstate, which instantly voided its warranty and parted traffic behind me like Moses at the Red Sea. Further research revealed that the tailgate was indeed, down.

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
I hope that the fluid low on the ranger just comes on once at start up. Then stays off. The Subaru came on every few minutes while driving. Drove me crazy. Then sent the alert to my phone giving me instructions on where to go to have it filled.

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
Nope. Comes on and stays on. At least there's no chime.

Mine's been on for a week now (I have to use it daily here), and It'll probably run out before I refill it. Then, when that not too distant day comes, most likely as I'm leaving work, I'll curse myself for being so damn lazy, spend 20 minutes fighting traffic to drive the .4 mile to Ace and buy some, and then leave it in the garage for week, or at least until my next day off. And when I finally get to filling it, I'll probably top it off to the point of overflowing, and all will be right with the world again.

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
That's ok then. The subaru would chime every few minutes.

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Local 1 Chicago IL Ironworker (retired)
It may not sound like a big deal, but one thing I love about the Ranger is the low windshield wash warning icon. All vehicles need this, especially if you live in a wintry climate like me. I would also like opinions on this. Do trucks need a reminder icon showing that the tailgate is down? I was with a friend in his F150 and we heard a thumping noise as we entered a road construction area in town. When he pulled over on the shoulder of road, he realized the tailgate had been left down. These tailgates are much lighter now and we need a reminder to let us know.

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Local 1 Chicago IL Ironworker (retired)
The reason I started this thread was because of something I saw not long ago. A guy in a truck, with a tonneau cover, had his tailgate down. A couple of empty buckets were rolling in the bed of it and one was almost out on the tailgate. Don't know if he knew the tailgate was down or not. Maybe a warning icon would have jogged his memory to the situation.

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
When I bought my truck I kept hearing this strange sound from the front. After a couple of weeks I finally traced to the windshield washer fluid sloshing around in the filler tube. Never got any warnings, filled it up & try to keep it topped off. Instead of letting it blow off, my wife sees a speck of dust on the windshield & she grabbing for the wash, even though I just cleaned it. Leads to "comments being made" :explode:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
When I bought my truck I kept hearing this strange sound from the front. After a couple of weeks I finally traced to the windshield washer fluid sloshing around in the filler tube. Never got any warnings, filled it up & try to keep it topped off. Instead of letting it blow off, my wife sees a speck of dust on the windshield & she grabbing for the wash, even though I just cleaned it. Leads to "comments being made" :explode:
My wife is just the opposite. If she cleans it at all, it's a "dry-clean."

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
My tailgate down warning is Reverse gear when the backup camera shows my hitch ball.
Sponsored