First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Personally, I think all vehicles should come standard with 360dg camera with recording capability. Those Tesla owners have caught alot of interesting things on those cameras. Plus if somebody decides to scratch,bump or break in your vehicle, they turn on and start recording.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
LOL, Yep. A model year from now will be a post about how someone carries "X" in their bed, is too long and requires the tailgate to be down. Post title, "How do I turn off the tailgate warning light / chime".
Ford could come up with a sensor array, say 40 of them underneath the bed. Tie it in to the Ford Pass App. When the tailgate is down, a signal is sent to a Ford Pass Ranger & F-Series Tailgate Observer in India. The FPR&F-STO sees the alert, checks it against the VIN database and maneuvers a Keyhole satellite to the truck's coordinates. the Keyhole gives the FPR&F-STO real time info on what if anything is causing the tailgate to be down. If the FPR&F-STO confirms the alert from the bed sensors that there are in fact objects longer than the bed present, they send a "Tailgate Down Because Of Oversize Cargo" message the the Driver Information Display. Once the truck is unloaded, the process is reversed and the FPR&F-STO tuns on the bright yellow "Tailgate UP" persistent message next to the Passenger Airbag ON/OFF ijit light.

Simple.

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
Except when that sensor goes bad and it's going to cost you money to fix. Ours in our explorer is bad and the notice comes up every time we start the car and needs cleared before that menu can be used. Really isn't worth paying to get fixed. I haven't taken the time to see if it can easily be disabled.

No need for it. If it runs out, buy more.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
It may not sound like a big deal, but one thing I love about the Ranger is the low windshield wash warning icon. All vehicles need this, especially if you live in a wintry climate like me. I would also like opinions on this. Do trucks need a reminder icon showing that the tailgate is down? I was with a friend in his F150 and we heard a thumping noise as we entered a road construction area in town. When he pulled over on the shoulder of road, he realized the tailgate had been left down. These tailgates are much lighter now and we need a reminder to let us know.
with the damper mod there would have been no thud.......

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Ford could come up with a sensor array, say 40 of them underneath the bed. Tie it in to the Ford Pass App. When the tailgate is down, a signal is sent to a Ford Pass Ranger & F-Series Tailgate Observer in India. The FPR&F-STO sees the alert, checks it against the VIN database and maneuvers a Keyhole satellite to the truck's coordinates. the Keyhole gives the FPR&F-STO real time info on what if anything is causing the tailgate to be down. If the FPR&F-STO confirms the alert from the bed sensors that there are in fact objects longer than the bed present, they send a "Tailgate Down Because Of Oversize Cargo" message the the Driver Information Display. Once the truck is unloaded, the process is reversed and the FPR&F-STO tuns on the bright yellow "Tailgate UP" persistent message next to the Passenger Airbag ON/OFF ijit light.

Simple.
Exactly.

Think Skynet. We were warned about this. But, by all means, don't rely on common sense, rely on technology. What's the worst that could happen?

I know, that's Sci Fi, that will never happen. Like those communicators Spock and Kirk used. Yep, never happen.

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
1613749729066.png
just install one of these there louder than hell

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It may not sound like a big deal, but one thing I love about the Ranger is the low windshield wash warning icon. All vehicles need this, especially if you live in a wintry climate like me. I would also like opinions on this. Do trucks need a reminder icon showing that the tailgate is down? I was with a friend in his F150 and we heard a thumping noise as we entered a road construction area in town. When he pulled over on the shoulder of road, he realized the tailgate had been left down. These tailgates are much lighter now and we need a reminder to let us know.
I've done that...very embarrassed!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you could ask Helosi to add in the stymeluss package that it is illegal to drive with the tailgate down. Undocumented illegals might fall out.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
One solution might be when shifting out of Park to stay in reverse for a moment. If your tailgate is down, you'll get a view of your license plate and the pavement on the video screen.

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
This post is a good outlet for one of my favorite rants:

"Safety Features" touted in modern cars result in more inattentive operators.

I'll admit I'm old school, growing up with 1960's technology. I learned to turn my head when backing up, checking all mirrors before changing lanes, etc, bla bla.

I also learned to think for myself. When I had an owie, I eventually realized it was generally my fault. I don't want someone else to hold my hand constantly. ...the result is brain rot.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Low Blinker fluid warning should be a thing, seems many people drive around without any...

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I bet if it ever gets stolen that y’all will remember to close and lock it ? in all seriousness, not a bad feature request as there’s already wiring harness back there that they could just add a conductor or two to.
Then Ford could always remove a tie down or two....to make up the cost.

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f 150/2020 Polaris sportsman
Occupation
retired tin knocker local 12 Pittsburgh
the back up camera would be looking at the ground

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was watching North Woods Law last night and some guy had all of his kids ice fishing gear in a sled in the bed. Turns out his tailgate didn't latch all the way and it all fell down/out without him being able to tell due to the tonneau. I think an idiot light that says it is open would be fine, but then it's just something else to break too.
Or, you could just throw it in reverse for a second or two before taking off, but that's another thing to add.
Sponsored