I'll Say It Again & Again, I Love This Truck!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Driving back from Mexico yesterday I started thinking again on how much I really love this truck. I mean it’s just a darn truck so what’s wrong with me that I keep obsessing over this thing? I’m 44 months into owning it and I feel like I did the first day I saw it on the dealers lot.:inlove: It really is one of the most comfortable vehicles I’ve ever owned and even on our trip last year I was never uncomfortable while driving it and I did 5,000 that month.

It drives so smooth and it seems the faster you’re going the smoother it gets. Must have something to do with having a damper? ? I’m still super impressed that this only a little 4 banger but the tune does make a HUGE difference. Driving along at 70 and hitting the gas makes me laugh because this thing really takes off like a rocket! ? I was averaging 75-80 mph the whole way home and still managed to get 23.5 mpg for the 180 mile long trip back. I still think I have the wrong engine in it. lol Sid @Msfitoy be quiet, I still have 64,400 miles to go before it goes. ? Did I mention it's a 2019 and the best color...Saber!?

1677935967318.png
Sponsored

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I'm getting ready to do my Saturday morning recycling run. Historically about 15 miles round trip. Today will be the first in my new Ranger! :clap::like:Gotta feeling recycling will be about 50 miles today.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Dude...you were rocking to limp bizkit?....no wonder you were doing 80!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dude...you were rocking to limp bizkit?....no wonder you were doing 80!
lol It's almost impossible not to listening to any of their music. :rockon: I didn't even realize it but I was actually going a little faster before I looked at the speedo . ?

Edit: Great now David @subquark will show us another one of his Speedo pictures. :surprised:

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Driving back from Mexico yesterday I started thinking again on how much I really love this truck. I mean it’s just a darn truck so what’s wrong with me that I keep obsessing over this thing? I’m 44 months into owning it and I feel like I did the first day I saw it on the dealers lot.:inlove: It really is one of the most comfortable vehicles I’ve ever owned and even on our trip last year I was never uncomfortable while driving it and I did 5,000 that month.

It drives so smooth and it seems the faster you’re going the smoother it gets. Must have something to do with having a damper? ? I’m still super impressed that this only a little 4 banger but the tune does make a HUGE difference. Driving along at 70 and hitting the gas makes me laugh because this thing really takes off like a rocket! ? I was averaging 75-80 mph the whole way home and still managed to get 23.5 mpg for the 180 mile long trip back. I still think I have the wrong engine in it. lol Sid @msfttoy be quiet, I still have 64,400 miles to go before it goes. ? Did I mention it's a 2019 and the best color...Saber!?

1677935967318.png
After driving this rental Frontier I can say that the Ranger has so much more getup and go in it. I was surprised at how weak the 6 cylinder felt vs the 4 cylinder turbo engine the Ranger has. Night and day difference. Ranger was also much more comfortable while driving. If my issues get fixed the Ranger really is a perfect truck.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After driving this rental Frontier I can say that the Ranger has so much more getup and go in it. I was surprised at how weak the 6 cylinder felt vs the 4 cylinder turbo engine the Ranger has. Night and day difference. Ranger was also much more comfortable while driving. If my issues get fixed the Ranger really is a perfect truck.
While every manufacturer has issues some just seem to have more than others. I think for the most part the Ranger seems to be very dependable and hopefully these new transmission issues don't keep popping up. That's why when I see threads about some saying the Ranger isn't comfortable I scratch my head. But no two people are built the same so I can see it to a point. Plus if they've never driven a Tacoma I'd recommend they do so because they'd have a different opinion of what comfort really is. lol ?

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
This is my one year anniversary ? with mine (inspection sticker dies this month) Honeymoon ain't over yet , not for me anyway , still make excuses to run down the road and get stuff we are out of ... "Honey ! We are almost out of powered water , I'ma run out and get some real quick !!!" ... I guess some of these did come with a 4 cylinder, not mine though...

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew

It drives so smooth and it seems the faster you’re going the smoother it gets. Must have something to do with having a damper? ? I’m still super impressed that this only a little 4 banger but the tune does make a HUGE difference. Driving along at 70 and hitting the gas makes me laugh because this thing really takes off like a rocket! ? I was averaging 75-80 mph the whole way home and still managed to get 23.5 mpg for the 180 mile long trip back. I still think I have the wrong engine in it. lol Sid @msfttoy be quiet, I still have 64,400 miles to go before it goes. ? Did I mention it's a 2019 and the best color...Saber!?

1677935967318.png
You did mean HPR was the best color in 2019 right???

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You did mean HPR was the best color in 2019 right???
Honestly I think the Ranger looks great in every color. Every color except blue. I'm not quite sure why but there's something about that blue color that just doesn't sit well with me. ??

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
This is my one year anniversary ? with mine (inspection sticker dies this month) Honeymoon ain't over yet , not for me anyway , still make excuses to run down the road and get stuff we are out of ... "Honey ! We are almost out of powered water , I'ma run out and get some real quick !!!" ... I guess some of these did come with a 4 cylinder, not mine though...
Happy Rangerversary, I think you need to go get the Ranger some flowers.:p

Jthomp19

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger fx4
Occupation
Trophy husband
I can relate AzScorpion! I’m on my fourth ranger and love it more than any other vehicle I’ve had. The 71 nova (a close second)was fun too, but constantly buying tires and sub 7mpg sucked.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
It really is one of the most comfortable vehicles I’ve ever owned and even on our trip last year I was never uncomfortable while driving it and I did 5,000 that month.
My wife has a Jag F-Pace which we usually take on road trips. It drives nicely and is comfortable inside. However, she LOVES how comfortable riding in the Ranger is and has been asking us to take the Ranger on road trips instead.
Sponsored