Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Alexander.rossi

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger 2016
Occupation
Chef
Hey there guys been follow thread for about 6 months now and also keen on the lowering kit from bell tech for my ranger, anyone got any updates on it?
Sponsored

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Occupation
ME
I've been lurking here and just created an account, because I plan to buy a ranger in the future. Contacted Belltech, and was told they are still designing their kit. They don't have an ETA for product release, but I was told likely mid next year

Reactions: Doc

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
@stratos201xp posted a week ago--" Called belltech today lowering kit will be out in January according to them. No specifics yet but should be cheaper than freakrides coil over kit."

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
One of you Houston folks needs to get with Bill Carlton at Ekstensive Metal Works in north Houston and let him have at lowering/bagging a 5g Ranger.....That dude could make one that is super sick I know!! He had that TV show called Texas Metal....awesome fabrication shop!!

WorldPax

First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2000 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Transportation
I sent a message through their website the other day.

" Thank you for contacting Belltech. Unfortunately we do not have an exact timeframe as to when the kit will be available. As soon as the kit is released then I can reach out to you directly and let you know ASAP. "

I just want to give them my money. Why are they dragging their feet.

Last edited:

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I contacted Belltech back in mid December and as I figured received no response. I got an email announcing the lowering kit for 2015 F-150, a little late to the party but they must be doing something. They blame COVID for the lack of response. Since their area is mostly on lockdown it may be a while before we see anything. My suggestion would be to totally forget Belltech and as a group approach one of the other sport truck suspension houses such as Hotchkiss, Max Trax, Supreme Suspension, Rough Country, DJM Suspension, Eibach and McGaughys. I really think Belltech is not interested in producing a product for our market segment but would rather leave us hanging than say no for future business. Look at how much interest and communication we get as a group from someone like Mishimoto who genuinely wants our business and stays in constant communication with us about product developement that is relative to our trucks. I really think the Ranger5g forum has wasted a year and a half being strung along by the likes of Belltech and we should as a group make a concerted effort to entice one of the other suspension companies to get a product to us. I welcome your thoughts and a solid rebuttal from Belltech. If there is no response from them we can assume they are not interested.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
I contacted Belltech back in mid December and as I figured received no response. I got an email announcing the lowering kit for 2015 F-150, a little late to the party but they must be doing something. They blame COVID for the lack of response. Since their area is mostly on lockdown it may be a while before we see anything. My suggestion would be to totally forget Belltech and as a group approach one of the other sport truck suspension houses such as Hotchkiss, Max Trax, Supreme Suspension, Rough Country, DJM Suspension, Eibach and McGaughys. I really think Belltech is not interested in producing a product for our market segment but would rather leave us hanging than say no for future business. Look at how much interest and communication we get as a group from someone like Mishimoto who genuinely wants our business and stays in constant communication with us about product developement that is relative to our trucks. I really think the Ranger5g forum has wasted a year and a half being strung along by the likes of Belltech and we should as a group make a concerted effort to entice one of the other suspension companies to get a product to us. I welcome your thoughts and a solid rebuttal from Belltech. If there is no response from them we can assume they are not interested.
If we’re going to solicit another company I think we should concentrate on the best/most likely company to actually produce a kit. So my question is who is that company? I have no experience with any of the companies mentioned so I don’t even know who to start emailing. Anyone have thoughts on the ranking of suspension companies?

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
If we’re going to solicit another company I think we should concentrate on the best/most likely company to actually produce a kit. So my question is who is that company? I have no experience with any of the companies mentioned so I don’t even know who to start emailing. Anyone have thoughts on the ranking of suspension companies?
I would look to DJM, McGaughys and Hotchkiss as I think they are as experienced as Belltech, have been around the longest and are legitimate players in the industry. That said we must make a commitment to them, and more than just "I will probably buy this" to induce them to move forward. This will entail a considerable effort to make happen.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
I have made several purchases from DJM and the product has always been of good quality and never an issue with customer service. Maybe they are the ones that might embrace the possibilities of current and future development of the Ranger and related vehicles.

gpsdualsport

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL ExtraCab 2WD
Yes, I'm willing to commit to a purchase for a lowering and leveling kit. There has to be some cost limit on this purchase.
The last time I went down this path was a custom motorcycle fuel tank for an obscure Italian motorcycle. The price at the start of the project wound up being double when it came time for delivery. This was from a well respected fuel tank company here in the US.
The other issue who is willing to collect the orders, gather the money and then ride this yet to be determined suspension company like a trick pony until the product gets into my hands?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Have y'all seen this post ? https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/anybody-planning-to-lower-their-2019-ranger.1398/post-171670

Belltech is in the works of manufacturing the kits, but with all the crap going on, a delay is to be expected, just like everything else these days. They probably have a shop making the parts, but would need to get in line behind all the other orders at that shop. Then, the shop needs to make the jigs, make one, check the fit/specs to make sure they are correct, make any corrections and repeat until it's right... then order the materials, wait for them to be delivered, schedule the time into their schedule, wait, then start producing them.....it ain't happening overnight. With all the different and constantly changing restrictions/closures/delays, etc, a 2-3 month wait has evolved into a 6-?? month delay. And that's for ONE part....how many different suppliers are they dealing with ?? I'd say at least a dozen at a minimum, and each of those suppliers have suppliers they are working with...

Patience folks. I remember when folks on here were chomping at the bit for tailgate dampers a day after they got their trucks.....

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Have y'all seen this post ? https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/anybody-planning-to-lower-their-2019-ranger.1398/post-171670

Belltech is in the works of manufacturing the kits, but with all the crap going on, a delay is to be expected, just like everything else these days. They probably have a shop making the parts, but would need to get in line behind all the other orders at that shop. Then, the shop needs to make the jigs, make one, check the fit/specs to make sure they are correct, make any corrections and repeat until it's right... then order the materials, wait for them to be delivered, schedule the time into their schedule, wait, then start producing them.....it ain't happening overnight. With all the different and constantly changing restrictions/closures/delays, etc, a 2-3 month wait has evolved into a 6-?? month delay. And that's for ONE part....how many different suppliers are they dealing with ?? I'd say at least a dozen at a minimum, and each of those suppliers have suppliers they are working with...

Patience folks. I remember when folks on here were chomping at the bit for tailgate dampers a day after they got their trucks.....
If Belltech would answer emails that would be great but they have not uttered a word directly to the forum in over a year or actually ever. I think we have been getting lip service from them all along. It keeps the hope alive until when or if a product really comes to market. If someone from Belltech directly addresses the forum maybe that would help. Beside, having two companies competing is a good thing, they tend to keep each other honest. We need communication kind of like how Mishimoto keeps everyone informed on relevant product development.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
I don't have any dealing with belltech, but suspect their customer service wasn't much better pre-pandemic. Usually arogance of the co in general leads to the - "I don't have time for that" attitude. This project isn't rocket science, it would be a good idea to give our money to someone that respects us enough to talk to us. But then there are people with different needs for a kit here. I just want a 2-3 " azz end drop. $1k dollar range.

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
@stratos201xp posted a week ago--" Called belltech today lowering kit will be out in January according to them. No specifics yet but should be cheaper than freakrides coil over kit."
Yet here we are mid January and Belltech won't even respond to emails about an alleged pending new product. Seems to me to speak volumes about keeping their ear to market. If they were paying even a little attention and saw this much banter trying to look for a new source of a product they had developed and were ready to introduce, it just makes sense to reassure the largest single customer base for that product that it truly was imminently coming to market. My guess is that they have no idea what is being talked about here nor do they care.
Sponsored

Last edited: