Air Dam Delete? Mod your old air dam to fill the gap

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
I don’t really mind the gap After the air dam removal. But you handy work looks great. I might have to get a saws all out and duplicate your work.:like:
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I clicked on this out of curiosity (I've got an FX4 and aftermarket bumper). I'm impressed with how nice that cut up airdam cleaned up the front. Very nice job!

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I clicked on this out of curiosity (I've got an FX4 and aftermarket bumper). I'm impressed with how nice that cut up airdam cleaned up the front. Very nice job!
Thanks John - I'm really pleased with the final look of this mod - even if you only see it while you're under the truck. ?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
@DukeCanBuildit You sir are awesome! Your air dam mod just convinced me to get the cheaper skid plate for my FX2 conversion instead of the FX4 plate saving me about $200!

Thank you!

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
20200923_200441.jpg
20200923_200432.jpg
20200923_200419.jpg

Done!! Thanks for the idea!

Some differences in my approach: I left the bumper cover on and never removed the dam except for the outter 6 bolts. Used painters tape to trace my lines and cut with a soldering iron with a hot knife attachment. Much better looking than than stock!

Oh and I added door edge trim to the upper lip of the skid plate

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Makes me think "should've came like that" very nice. I have a fx4 but not a big fan of the color, I wish the plate was black.
I think a member on this forum has painted their fx4 skidplate black or gunmetal and it looked great.

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Done!! Thanks for the idea!

Some differences in my approach: I left the bumper cover on and never removed the dam except for the outter 6 bolts. Used painters tape to trace my lines and cut with a soldering iron with a hot knife attachment. Much better looking than than stock!

Oh and I added door edge trim to the upper lip of the skid plate
That looks great! It's such an easy solution and it can be done in short order. I like your technique - soldering iron with a hot knife attachment indeed! ?

It's funny how you look at it when you're done and it just makes so much sense. The door trim is a nice touch.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
This looks really nice @DukeCanBuildit . Are you still happy with this mod? I am tempted to try it sometime.

Added, How about you @armoredpig are you happy with your mod of this as well?

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
This looks really nice @DukeCanBuildit . Are you still happy with this mod? I am tempted to try it sometime.

Added, How about you @armoredpig are you happy with your mod of this as well?
Thanks Rick. Yes, I’m very happy with it and still take the time to point it out to others. I recently removed it to swap my tow hooks out for shackles and it was great to see that the top side of the modified air dam and the skid plate were both spotless. So, it’s doing the job I was hoping it would do.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Thanks Rick. Yes, I’m very happy with it and still take the time to point it out to others. I recently removed it to swap my tow hooks out for shackles and it was great to see that the top side of the modified air dam and the skid plate were both spotless. So, it’s doing the job I was hoping it would do.
Hi Rick, I was super happy with my air dam mod! But a week later, I swapped to an aftermarket bumper and did away with the stock setup altogether.

If I didn't find a smoking deal on a bumper, I'd still be happily sporting the modded airdam.

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Just did this mod today, took about 45 minutes. Well worth it! Thanks for the write up